Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OR Interview tomorrow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
movin on Posted - 20 October 2008 : 18:26:32
Hi all

Well i got my phone call with the ORs office at 11am tomorrow

Well im feeling soooo nervous and i really dont know what to expect. I have got as much info together as possible so cannot do anymore.

I feel like this has been the worst week of my life, and since going BR last monday i have had a horrible time and felt really down, so im hoping tomorrow will bring some closure to me feeling anxious.

I have had nothing through from the ORs office - so im presuming that will be dealt with after tomorrow.

xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 24 October 2008 : 10:14:51
Lady luck was smiling on you that day then Kazy.

I do wish though that i had been able to have a face to face when we did ours.

It would have been more personal and i could have put my views across so much better.

Oh well that part is over now, i have a new life ahead of me as do you all:-)

Jo

x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriends Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
kazy1 Posted - 22 October 2008 : 19:09:36
How awful when my or phoned to arrange an interview he wanted to see me face to face as my debt was large,which scared the living daylights. Told me it would take 3-4 hours only took 1hr 10 mins!!But when i got there (5 mins late!!!) he was really nice found out he'd been a miliatery police officer for 22 years with the army im glad he told me AFTER the interview.

so hopefully now she was having an off day and any future dealings will be ok all the best xxxxxxx
Skippy Posted - 22 October 2008 : 17:05:32
Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry you had such a rotten time. I hope if her car hadn't broken down, her tights hadn't laddered and she hadn't trod in dog poo that all three happened on the way home - she deserves it for the way she's treated you.

I don't know what to say to you, other that I'm sending you a big hug and I hope things get better for you xxxxxxx

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend Posted - 21 October 2008 : 22:15:20
Hi Debby

Dont be scared about talking to the OR again about your recent split, they can come accross as a bit hard but they have a job to do and to them maybe we are just another number, they are so busy with the amount of BR's going on they just want to get stuff done and dont really care how they do it.

They follow the book and seeing as many examiners are new now due to the increase in workload they are not quite up to scratch and dont know about the human side of those people who are going through the BR.

Remember to do what they ask, keep them informed and dont be scared or intimidated by them, you can get through this, stand your ground and if you need further advice give us a call.

Best of luck

Take Care

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
dg67 Posted - 21 October 2008 : 21:48:25
hi moneyworries

i know exactly how you feel, my interview was hell too i felt like a criminal when it finished and mine was a man. He didnt care that i too was crying and even said 'its no good crying' to me (bearing in mind i had informed him i had been off work for 6 months with a nervous breakdown and still suffering anxiety and depression.

I did feel better after a few days (especially after the nice messages from this site) and i told myself over and over its not the end of the world with his attitude (although i am worried about speaking to him about my recent split with OH now)

As everyone says thats the worse bit over and its just wait and see now

hope you feel better soon, thinking of you
debby x
Needafriend Posted - 21 October 2008 : 20:35:48
Hey Jenny

I am so shocked to also hear about how your interview went.

You could instruct allied surveyors to value your house and i think its valied for 90 days, it costs £400 but its well worth it, honestly, the OR also wont query a valuation done by them :-)

Hey now you, i want you to put that experience behind you and try and get on with your new future.

Best of luck

Take Care

Jo x

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
eamonn Posted - 21 October 2008 : 19:10:03
hi moneyworries
i just wanted to say sorry you had such a bad time with the or and i hope that you will feel better about it soon
movin on Posted - 21 October 2008 : 16:43:18
Siobhan - I really think it may have gone different if it were a man, i would not like to meet this one in a dark alley - she was the typical bitch !! Yes hubby will be buying bi (its his house really anyway, as ive put nothing towards it since we moved here).

Jayne - im not bothered now if i do get a bru - i cant feel much worse than i do now, i just keep crying and cannot pull myself together.

Suzanne - I just presumed they were all like that - she was really pushing for anwers that i didnt have or know. She was awful and if i had any energy left i would probably complain about her - i knew it was going to be hard but didnt expect to be judged (thats how i felt anyway). I know i got into this situation but didnt expect that.

Also, she said they will do a drive by valuation - How on earth does this work and how do i know they will not say house is worth more than the estate agents said. Im really worried now. Im sure someone here has already told me as i have not contributed or put deposit down on the house then really it is all hubby's anyway - how can this be argued if they decide there is any equity in it. She also disregarded the Early redeption penalty on it.

Tracy - Thank you for your message too - I need to be better tomorrow, my son has his harvest festival (i could always wear glasses or something)

xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
tracy_b Posted - 21 October 2008 : 15:48:06
Hi Jenny,
So sorry that you have had a tough time today. As Suzanne says prehaps The OR had a real off day. Pity it had to be you though! I expect the rest of the day you will feel C..P and it will keep going round in your head, but tomorrow should be much better. At least you can tell yourself that you got through it and wont have to face anything like that again.
WELL DONE YOU!

Love 'n' Hugs
Tracy XX
JAH Posted - 21 October 2008 : 15:17:45
Suzanne,

Thanks for your words (as someone with an impending interview!).

It's good to know they are not trained like that!

Jayne
Suzanne Posted - 21 October 2008 : 15:06:09
Hi

I'm a little shocked that you had such a tough interview, it certainly isn't how she would have been trained. Let's hope she is not like that with everyone and was just having a bad day (car broke down, laddered her tights, trod in dog poo on way to work). If she carries on like that it won't be long before someone complains about her.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
JAH Posted - 21 October 2008 : 14:16:19
Mine is at 10.00 am on Wednesday 29th. I tried to get it for Monday 3rd November as we are going away for a few days but he told me that he has targets to meet and has to get the report prepared. So, I will be away. My husband has his at 9.00 am and he isn't half as worked up as me - his view is that what's happened has happened and if we can't remember what the loan was for then so be it. Wish I was like that.

I don't think you should edit your post - this forum is for everyone to be able to share how their experience went and that is exactly what you have done. Not everyone's is going to be like yours was and I think you will find that for most people this is the really worrying bit anyway. It doesn't hurt to go into it thinking the worst and maybe coming out thinking "It wasn't that bad".

It's a shame but I won't be able to post my experience as I won't be here. It will probably take me the rest of the week to calm down anyway.

I hope you are feeling a teensy bit better now that a couple of hours have passed - just remember that the worst is over and what is the worst that can happen - a BRU? You will still be discharged in a year.

If you want to swap e-mail addresses then I will be glad to do so - my same day BR buddy!

Jayne x
siobhan Posted - 21 October 2008 : 14:14:56
Hi Jenny
So sorry to hear yours was a bad experience-alot of people say its ok. i honestly think i'll have to have a face to face one too, would much prefer a telephone one now!! mine's a bloke too, so maybe that'll help?! some women can be right bitches!! wel hopefully that's it for you now. if u went BR and not ur hubbie does that mean he can buy u out for a pound if ur in negative equity? that's what happened to a friend of mine. hope it all goes well and the valuation is realistic in this day and age. take care and think u deserve a couple of drinks now-who said this process wasn't easy?!
S x

ps. still waitin to hear from my OR! (one week today we were BR)
movin on Posted - 21 October 2008 : 13:41:34
Thanks Jayne

I know i have probably scared those who are yet to have theirs, and feel realld bad about that. Maybe i should edit the post.

I knew it was going to be bad, but like you say the worst is surely over now. I will certainly be having an early nite, not slept for the past few as i have been so anxious.

I will be thinking of you next week - what time is it?

xx

JAH Posted - 21 October 2008 : 13:20:02
Oh Jenny I've only just logged on so only just seen your post.

The worst bit is over now - you won't have to go through that interrogation again.

I will be exactly the same as you next week - mine is on 29th!

Have a stiff drink tonight - you deserve it.

Jayne x

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page