Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Mobile phone bill?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BankruptC Posted - 03 November 2008 : 11:14:55
Hi all,

A quick question from me please. We went BR early Sept and just after, we got a final mobile phone bill from our old company (quite a big one!). Do we pay this as normal or should we not as it was from before BR? I'm getting mixed answers about this one so would appreciate some insight from you knowledgable people =]

Thanks alot,

C. x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 03 November 2008 : 17:50:07
Hi C

I do hope that you get this and the other things sorted out.

I finally got my NT Code IPA sorted today and not by my OR's office either through their collecting agents.

We went BR to stop the hassle instead we went up with more.

Good luck and keep smiling :-)

Jo

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
BankruptC Posted - 03 November 2008 : 14:13:33
Thanks again Suzanne.

We'll send the bill to him and see what happens. I think talking to his boss may be our next step. At the moment we're keeping a record of all the mistake's he's made (sending us a letter telling us the house we live in is in the hands of the trustee when the house is rented! 'forgetting', in his own words, to put some of our expenses on our I&E, mathematical errors which would mean LESS DI for an IPA!, quoting us a price by letter to buy back our life policy, then telling us on the phone it was wrong and they actually need double that amount! changing the formula he uses to make calculations half way through the IPA negotiations as the original way meant less DI! sending out NT IPA forms with the wrong amount of tax on TWICE, despite being informed in writing, amending my salary on my IPA forms to the new lower amount, but leaving my contribution on hubby's IPA as the higher amount I'm no longer getting! and telling us if we were to get a BRU we would not be discharged until the end of the BRU period to name but a few!!! :-O)

I could easily (and did!) put one or two of these mistakes down to being very busy, which he is, but it's getting beyond a joke now!

C. x
Suzanne Posted - 03 November 2008 : 13:58:38
Hi

The best way to deal with it is to send the bill in to him, but keep a copy for yourself. I would be a preferential payment if you paid it now. If you are really unhappy with some of the dealings you are having with your examiner, you could try having a quiet word with his boss.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
BankruptC Posted - 03 November 2008 : 12:26:41
Thanks Suzanne,

All the calls were prior to BR date and we've explained this to the examiner. He still thinks we should pay it. I think he thinks we're trying to pull a fast one or something! It's getting frustrating to be honest, because as I keep saying, he is making so many errors, and we're constantly having to phone him to explain things and this is just the latest!

Thanks again,

C. x
Suzanne Posted - 03 November 2008 : 11:54:28
Hi

You need to find out what period the bill covers. If it is for calls made prior to bankruptcy then these would fall into the bankruptcy estate, any standing charges or calls made after bankruptcy you will need to pay. Hope that makes sense.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
BankruptC Posted - 03 November 2008 : 11:41:24
Thanks Jo,

that was my initial thought, but my examiner has other ideas! He wants to know 'where I've got my information from'! Hmmm...just wondered if you guys could maybe give me some concrete info as to why I shouldn't pay? Would it not be preferential to pay it now? It wasn't on the SoA admittedly, we just didn't give it a thought.

Thanks again.

C. x
Needafriend Posted - 03 November 2008 : 11:38:20
Hi BC

No dont pay it, this can be included in you BR and written off. I would contact your OR and explain about this unless you had already written it in your SOA and then send it to your OR to deal with.

Jo

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page