Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Urgent broadband question??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
turborat Posted - 05 November 2008 : 12:38:12
We moved house 3 weeks ago and I have been having issues with Tiscali and last night transferred to BT (option 1 £17/month). I am now worried if broadband is allowed?

We took out a new contract with BT just over 2 weeks ago for the phone line but not for the broadband (as we were hoping to stay with Tiscali). Can I still include the broadband under phone costs as they are both with BT (but seperate accounts) or will I have to cancel the new contract?

My wife is at home all the time as not being able to work due to severe depression and uses the internet during the day quite a lot.

Any advice appreciated as if needed I will have to cancel the BT broadband package ASAP before they charge me!!!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 06 November 2008 : 14:04:49
Hi Turborat

I have answered this question in your new thread.
:-)

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
turborat Posted - 06 November 2008 : 09:01:35
Sorry 2 quick questions...

1. Do I the wife as someone who "has interest" in our old property or is this just people we owe money to?

2. should I open a cashminder acct now to make sure it is ready in time for my dd's to come out as I belive it can take a few days for this to happen and I have some dd's to come out straight after we go BR. Or shall I leave it untill after and just deal with the late DD's as they come up?

I just can't help myself can I !!!!
turborat Posted - 06 November 2008 : 08:52:59
Thanks Jo,

I may even lay off the forms till weekend to give myself a chance (BR date 18th Nov). The only big part I have left is the expenditure but thanks to advice (and searching & printing) on here I have enough to give it a go.

As I am doing it all as my wife would not be able to cope with her illness I think I do need to chill out for a bit or I'll be no good to anyone!!

Thanks again for the support I really do appreciate (and need it!!)..
Needafriend Posted - 06 November 2008 : 08:41:00
Hi Turborat

Just take it easy, try not to panic, i would say go for the £40 it should be ok.

Try and chill out and not think about it too much or you will drive yourself insane.

Be positive and just keep asking on here for advice when you need it.

Take care

Jo

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

turborat Posted - 06 November 2008 : 08:38:43
Let's hope I get a "her" on my interview !!!

So I should get away putting £40 for phone a month?

I took a night off last night from doing anything to do with our BR as I have not been sleeping well. Can't seem to shut down at nights and as work is really busy as well I feel I will burn out soon!!!

Thanks again everyone!
Needafriend Posted - 06 November 2008 : 07:14:35
Hey GP

Lucky you. Must be your charm then. Oh well at least we have that bit done now.

Take care

Jo

x

grantspants Posted - 05 November 2008 : 23:14:55
It was a 'her' and it must have been my charm that did it! haha

No swap thanks
BankruptC Posted - 05 November 2008 : 22:20:04
Gosh GP, your examiner must have been having a good day! Maybe it was his birthday or something!
;-)

Fancy a swap?? Ha ha.

C. x
grantspants Posted - 05 November 2008 : 22:12:10
I actually put down £67 for phones (mobile and landline) and put down £25 for broadband and sky tv and they were all accepted no worries

Needafriend Posted - 05 November 2008 : 20:37:30
Hi Turborat

I just put £50 for the phone and that for me included my broadband and so i did not list it anywhere else.

I on the other hand was not allowed mobiles as we had the home phone.

Best of luck

Jo

x

turborat Posted - 05 November 2008 : 16:22:39
Thanks guys will do that. Put my mind at rest and at least we can still keep broadband!!
BankruptC Posted - 05 November 2008 : 14:50:34
No, it should be fine. Put it in as 'telephone' at £35 or £40. That's a reasonable amount.

C. x
Skippy Posted - 05 November 2008 : 14:29:40
I just put £35 for phone which covered my mobile. I didn't have to prove what it was for.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
turborat Posted - 05 November 2008 : 14:16:42
or would they ask to see proof and see they are billed seperate days??? I need to know as I need to cancel if required asap!!
turborat Posted - 05 November 2008 : 14:03:17
So if I put £29/month for line rental & broadband under the telephone section, this would be ok?

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page