Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I am ashamed to have to admit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
moonstriker Posted - 04 November 2008 : 13:44:14
I am ashamed to have to admit that I am 57 years of age and hold debts to the staggering value of £74,000!
This is made up of two personal Bank loans of £10,000 and 20,000 and the rest is split between ‘five’ credit cards!!!
Although I continue to make the monthly payments, it takes my entire wage and that of my wife’s and I then have to revert to using the credit card again to last the rest of the month.
My wife has debts of her own that we have to pay as well, but her debts are made up of a single bank loan of £10,000 and £1,957.00 between two credit cards.
I feel I cannot go on in this way any longer and must declare myself bankrupt. My marriage is just about over because of the strain of it all and I have no assets. Nothing at all. I rent my house and our family car is a mess.
Even worse, I work in security installing cctv, access control and intruder alarms. I have to be regularly vetted by people such as the prison service, MOD and educational authorities. Once bankrupt I will fail the credit check and be forced out of work.
What would you recommend other than suicide! And can I expect to end up in prison for the debts?
Thank You
David
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonstriker Posted - 15 November 2008 : 18:08:50
Thanks, and I will be just as soon as I get paid at the end fo this month, infact in 10 days time!!!
I have already spokn with the county court offices and collected my info pack as well as down loaded the forms. So almost with with you my friend
Regards
Daid

bang up Posted - 15 November 2008 : 12:36:30
david - go bankrupt and get your life back.
Needafriend Posted - 10 November 2008 : 19:38:57
Hey Moonstriker

I just wanted to say your welcome and i am glad that we could be of assistance.

You take care and if you need us you know where we are.

lol

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
moonstriker Posted - 10 November 2008 : 18:54:30
Well, I tried to speak with the county court office earlier today but was told I have to speak to a particular guy only and he will not be available until Tuesday (tomorrow), so I will try again and report back.
I was surprised to see that I need to register to obtain the forms on line, but I am sure its better than picking them up from the offices.
Having looked at what little money I have left, I have decided that just as soon as my wages are paid into the bank which is the last Thursday of this month, I will do the dirty deed and no more messing about, so watch this space as they say.
You have given me the strength to at least face the days that lead up to the submission of the papers and for that I will always be truly grateful and thankful.
My regards and best wishes
David

jayne h Posted - 07 November 2008 : 11:20:15
Morning David,

You've brought tears to my eyes!! Only a few months ago I was "you", coming on here and getting loads of support and feeling really low, and in a few months time you will be "me", giving support having already been through it and coming out the other side.

Your family are the most important thing and once this is out of the way, you will be able to focus on them again.

Where is your local Court - I would take Jo's advice and phone up and see how long their waiting list is. Mine was just over 7 days, some are a few weeks, some have turn up and wait systems.

Re the calls, they will start soon I would imagine. Some companies are worse than others, Golfish and Halifax are particularly annoying but to be honest, Tescos were absolutely fantastic. When I first wrote to them saying I was having financial difficulties they sent me a letter saying, "This is what you will need to know" and which stated how long I had had the card, what the balance was etc etc. I don't recall receiving any hounding phone calls from them!

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear you sound more positive today.

Jayne xx

Needafriend Posted - 07 November 2008 : 07:30:04
Morning David

I am so glad that your starting to get there and also to feel happier in yourself.

It wont be long before the take the plunge and as i have already said if you need help filling in the forms we are all here for you, no matter what.

Its a great feeling once you stop paying the creditors, weird but great as you think in your mind that you should be, but its the only way and its the best way forward.

They wont start calling just yet as you have only just missed the payments but yes i know they will and hopefully you would have got in there before they do. :-)

Have you called your local court to find out what the procedure is, what i mean is whats their booking system like can you just turn up or do you have to book, etc etc.

Once you get your date then things will start to look a lot brighter as you have a date to head for and once that date comes you will know that basically it will all be over.

Take care my friend and do keep posting. :)

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

moonstriker Posted - 06 November 2008 : 22:20:13
Thanks Jayne and you to Jo, you are both a breath of fresh air in my life.
Infact everyone who contacts me is providing kindness and support.
To-day, I missed the first credit card payment and keep looking at the phone expecting them to ring me! By the time I miss the next credit card payment (next week), I will have enough cash to pay for the court costs!!!
Regards
David

jayne h Posted - 06 November 2008 : 09:33:18
Morning David,

Didn't log on again yesterday so really pleased to see that you are going ahead with it and have spoken to the Helpline.

Yes, I remember waking in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep. In between deciding to go BR and actually doing it (about 3 months) I even didn't like being in my home. The reason being is that we were constantly hounded by credit card companies who have this weird dialling system of dialling a few numbers and whoever answers first they speak to. The calls started from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm at night (even at weekends) We then made the decision to unplug the phone and tell people who needed to contact us to reach us on our mobiles. I'm not saying this to scare you - as I was part of this forum I was fully prepared for it and you have to ride it out for a bit.

However, that is all in the past and we still get the odd calls in between going BR and the Official Receiver contacting them. When did tell them that we had gone BR some were surprisingly kind about it!

Don't forget David that we can't change the past but can certainly change the future and that is exactly what you are about to do.

Please post with any questions you have about filling the forms in and keep in touch.

Jayne x
Needafriend Posted - 06 November 2008 : 08:23:43
Hi David

Yes i do remember waking in a panic, not knowing what to do or what to expect.

But the best thing i ever did was make the decsion to go BR, it was almost like the black cloud had been removed when we had been to the court and my world seemed bright and sunny again.

I know it may not seem like it right now but it will all come good in the end and it will be the best feeling ever once you know that your free and can start all over again DEBTFREE.

Keep asking those questions and whenever you need us for whatever reason just post on here, we do know what your going through and at the end of the day we all want the same result and thats to be able to live again and not feel like we are being punished for our mistakes.

Live life to the full, you only get one chance, now is the time to live those dreams and make them a reality.

Go for it!

Jo

x

Needafriend Posted - 06 November 2008 : 08:18:41
Hi yes they can be found at

https://www.insolvencydirect.gov.uk/isolv/

Take care and if you need help with the form filling in give us a shout :-)

Jo

x

moonstriker Posted - 06 November 2008 : 08:16:52
Thanks again for your help and advise, you mention that the court forms can be obtained on line, can you tell me where from? This may just be the better way of providing the information.
I will be so relieved to finally get rid of this sickness feeling, end the silent tears that no one sees or hears, and to hopefully regain the ability to smile. Anytime I see something on TV about debts and or saving money, I just leave the room.
Did you all share the same problem of waking in the middle of the night in a panic and then not being able to sleep again?
Sorry for going on!

Regards and my love to all of you
David

Trolly-Dolly Posted - 05 November 2008 : 23:10:48
I also just want to add David, that going BR was the best decision I have ever made. It has changed me so much as person and my attitude to money and my spending habits have changed forever.
As Jayne said, now that you have decided, you are almost there.
Also completing the forms online is really easy if you dont pick up the paper ones. So far, our journey has been painless, the only bit that was hard was deciding whether to do it or not!
You're gonna be okay xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
kazy1 Posted - 05 November 2008 : 19:20:25
hi david,
I hope things go well for you and remember if you need help with filling in your forms we are here to help also just check with the court to see if you can just turn up on the day or you have to make an appointment. It isn't that scary but i will keep you in my thoughts.
keep us posted

Kazy1xxxxx
moonstriker Posted - 05 November 2008 : 19:10:50
Hi again everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I have spoken to the helpline and confirmed that Br is the way forward!
So, tomorrow I shall collect the paperwork from the court and see about completing it. I feel I should not waste anymore time, get it into the court as soon as possible.
Once again, I am so very thankful to have received all your comments; you’re becoming an extended family.
God bless each and every one of you out there.

Regards
David

kazy1 Posted - 05 November 2008 : 13:28:25
sorry hadn't finnished little fingers on the keyboard!!

keep in touch david and i hope things work out for you.
My friends husband is a prison officer and he went BR and kept his job so good luck

Kazy1xxxxx

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page