Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 More questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cakietin Posted - 03 December 2008 : 10:19:42
Hi everyone,

I have some more questions about my statement of affairs which I am furiously getting ready for my court appointment on Friday.

I have read that people have included their paypal accounts on their SA. I haven't included it as there is nothing in there. I don't sell on Ebay but mostly use it to buy clothes for my kids (much cheaper than High Street stores). So do I include it?

I am also doing my expenditure. I have only include the basics expenses like gas, housekeeping etc. I have seen that some people include things like hairdressers and kids clubs. I haven't included anything like that as we haven't really been able to afford those things over the past few years. It's the same with holidays. The last holiday we had was a 3 night break in a caravan with the News of the World vouchers. So should I be including this sorts of things? I know they wouldn't be a lot but just wondered.

I have also put petrol down as an expense. As my husband is disabled the car is his only mode of transport for doctor's appointments and even for shopping. He describes the car as his legs as it is the only way he can really get out of the house. How much is reasonable for petrol?

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get it right for Friday especially as I have already had to reschedule the appointment once.

Many thanks.

Amanda
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
movin on Posted - 04 December 2008 : 20:28:18

Amanda - its not long to go now....make sure you try and take it easy tonight and all your friends here will be thinking of you.

BC - I have done all mine now, just need to wrap them which im desperate to do cos its me counting the days down, not the kids ....I agree, even it is just a little something just for you - OOOhhh this time in 3 weeks

xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Cakietin Posted - 04 December 2008 : 20:00:41
Thanks for letting me know. Just about to print them off.

Amanda x
BankruptC Posted - 04 December 2008 : 19:46:47
Hi again Amanda,

Yeah, you still need to include it as income, but they shouldn't count it as income whencalculating an IPA.

C. x

PS. Hey Jenny! I'm good-been doing some (modest of course!) xmas shopping today-a bit of retail therapy's always good for keeping the mood happy!
:-) You ok?
Cakietin Posted - 04 December 2008 : 19:26:29
Thanks everyone.

If DLA isn't included do I still list it as income? I have done. If it's not included then we only have a small surplus each month which is good.

Cheers,

Amanda
movin on Posted - 04 December 2008 : 18:01:10
Hey Amanda

I completely agree with both of BC's posts.....Please take a good luck over your I&E, just to make sure you get it right and dont end up struggling in the future.

Good luck

Jenny

xx

Hey BC - Hope your well.....xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
BankruptC Posted - 04 December 2008 : 17:54:10
Hi again,

Just to add, if your only source of household income is benefits, you shouldn't get an IPA anyway.

Good luck with it all!

C. x
Needafriend Posted - 04 December 2008 : 17:30:20
Hi Amanda

You must list all incomings but DLA and child benefit should not be counted in by the OR when working out any IPA.

LOL

Jo
x

4 months down
8 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Cakietin Posted - 04 December 2008 : 17:02:20
Thanks everyone.

I have changed some of my outgoings but I am a bit confused as to what income is count. I receive carers allowance and child tax credits whilst my husband gets income support and DLA. Are all of these included? Am I right in saying that I don't include child benefit in my income?

Sorry for all the questions.

Amanda
BankruptC Posted - 04 December 2008 : 16:22:51
Hi Amanda,

Sorry to butt in here, but I've just been reading your thread about expenses. Now that you've changed some of them, does it lieave you with a disposable income of less than £100? I just really feel you could add more to your expenses than you had before and I'd hate to see you paying into an IPA unnecessarily. Even at £50 per month, over 36 months it adds up!

I'm just saying really to make sure you've claimed allowances for everything you can and that you've not missed anything out. Too often people miss things and end up paying unnecessarily which could potentially leave them struggling. Due to the fact there is no option for credit in BR (not that any of us would want it!!), it's important to ensure you leave yourself the necessary to live off each month.

Hope that makes sense!

C. x
JulianDonnelly Posted - 04 December 2008 : 16:10:53
Hi Amanda,

Just focus on one thing at a time. If you try and look at everything that needs to be done, it can be a bit overwhelming!

Try to relax and you'll be fine!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Cakietin Posted - 04 December 2008 : 16:07:03
OK thanks Julian I will do that. There is so much to take in, I am getting myself in a state now!

Many thanks,
Amanda
JulianDonnelly Posted - 04 December 2008 : 15:58:23
Hi Amanda,

I would suggest completing the form as best you can prior to going to the court. I would also suggest taking additional proof if you can.

Don't worry too much about the form. In my experience, the bankruptcy clerks at court are usually very helpful and supportive and I'm sure they'll assist you where possible.

Julian Donnelly
Cakietin Posted - 04 December 2008 : 15:53:48
Hi Julian

Thanks for the advice. The only reason I wrote that was because I read on here a while back that the OR wanted someone to basically admit they had lived beyond their means. What I originally wrote had dates etc in and I didn't say anything about living beyond my means so I may change it back.

Also, can you offer me any help regarding the exemption form?

Many thanks,

Amanda
JulianDonnelly Posted - 04 December 2008 : 14:43:35
Hi Amanda,

Looks ok to me. However, I'm an advocate of bullet-points in chronological order. For instance ...

1. On x date, this happened which meant that I had to do y.
2. Then on z date ...and so on.

However, I would encourage you not to admit to living beyond your means!

Julian Donnelly
Cakietin Posted - 04 December 2008 : 14:26:49
Ok here I am again with more questions...I am starting to get a bit panicky about tomorrow and am double checking everthing!

I have read someone else's reasons for bankruptcy and it was more in depth than what I have written. This is what I have put:

"Over the last 7 years we have accumulated personal loan, credit card and catalogue debts. The original personal loan was for a car which we ended up having to spend a lot of money on for repairs. These were mostly paid for by credit cards. As the debts grew we found it harder to make the required monthly payments. We were never in arrears but always struggled to pay for basic essentials. We would end up using our credit cards to pay for basics like food and petrol. To some degree we have lived beyond our means and this has contributed to our struggle to repay our debts. As my husband is disabled I realise that our income is not going to drastically increase in the future. I have come to the realisation that going bankrupt is the only way we can start again."

Can anyone give me some feedback on it? I originally wrote much more but changed it.

Also, I have a form for exemption of fees as we receive income support. Is that supposed to be filled in before we go to court or is it done at the court?

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

Amanda

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page