Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I am taking the very first steps of bankruptcy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scottyuk Posted - 22 December 2008 : 08:34:18
Hello, I am taking the very first steps of bankrupcy. My debts go back around 5 years and are a considerable amount. I am not sure what to do. I am now unemployed and homeless, living with my mother.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 22 December 2008 : 10:09:20
Dont u ever lose your sense of humour, thats what we all need at this time ;-)

Post as many as you want we will answer them for you to the best of our knowledge.

Jo
x
Wishing you A Very Merry Christmas & A Happy Debt Free 2009

20 Weeks down

32 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
scottyuk Posted - 22 December 2008 : 10:06:37
I have so many questions right now so I will limit it to 200 per day to start with...I may of lost everything but will always keep my sense of humour with respect to my current dilemma.
Needafriend Posted - 22 December 2008 : 10:04:01
Hi there is light at the end of tunnel, honestly.

It will all come good in the end. I do know where your coming from, but before you know it you will be on that new road.

LOL

Jo
x

20 Weeks down

32 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
scottyuk Posted - 22 December 2008 : 10:02:09
Thankyou so much Needsafriend, feels like I have been in a gig hole way way down in the ground....last night I saw a small flicker of light.
Needafriend Posted - 22 December 2008 : 09:56:05
Hi Scott

I have also just answered one of your other questions.

You do need to get a plan of action together, if you know what your doing and when to do it you can keep your sanity.

Never ever think that your alone, as your not there are so many of us out there and we have all been where you are now.

Anymore questions let us know and also let us know how you get on with calling the helpline.

You take care, you have taken the first step, its taken courage to post on here, now the only way is up :-)

LOL

Jo
x

20 Weeks down

32 to go

scottyuk Posted - 22 December 2008 : 09:19:52
Good morning NeedAfriend. thanks for the reply. I dont have any assets because my house with re-possessed. I am not entirely sure how much I owe or to how many creditors but I am imagine its in the region of 20k.....I will be calling the helpline today.
Needafriend Posted - 22 December 2008 : 08:53:21
Hi Scotty

Sorry to hear about your current situation.

Firstly do you have any assets.

What amounts are we talking here, it looks like BR may be the option for you but you need to make sure that you have a plan together and stick to it.

Have you spoken to anyone about the BR procedure, you could call our helpline, its free and they will get back to you if they cant speak straight away. That number is 0800 078 9367, leave a name and number and they will get back to you.

Jo
x

20 Weeks down

32 to go

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page