Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Had OR Interview - Was Awlful

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Help007 Posted - 18 December 2008 : 16:25:57
I had my OR interview today it was the worst thing ever, my year has been so bad now just got worse.

He was horrid kept looking at me digusted, tutted kept shaking his head and said I had to have another interview with a senior examiner - what more can I tell them? I am defiantely getting a BRO and the bit thats haunts is " I am so so so so so so sorry but it really does not look good for you at all" What does he mean by this?

I am petrified now. Why have I got to have another interview? I dont know what else I can tell them, I got large amounts of credit to pay the loan repayments, credit card bills each month and kept doing this thinking I would be able to repay it somehow that something would change.

I am convinced the way he was talking I am going to end up in prison.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OUT OF CASH Posted - 23 December 2008 : 15:45:29

hi needafriend,

sorry i am late with my reply but went BR early this month.

regards

ooc
quote:
Originally posted by Needafriend

Hi OOC & welcome

Thank you for putting in your words too, that was so nice.

May i wish you a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy Debt Free 2009

Oh-

When did you do the deed?

Jo
x
Wishing you A Very Merry Christmas & A Happy Debt Free 2009

19 Weeks down

33 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!

movin on Posted - 20 December 2008 : 23:03:37

Hey there OOC

Welcome to the forum - you are sure to find lots of friends here and it really is good to lean on each other for support. I am sorry to hear about your recent split with your gf, maybe once all has calmed down then things may work out for you both.

Good luck and keep posting

Jenny

xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

From "Moneyworries" to "Movin On" in 3 months is fantastic :-))

xx
OUT OF CASH Posted - 20 December 2008 : 20:45:37
hi movin on

i totaly agree with you this forum and others are a excellent form of support when people have some serious problems talk about "a troubled shared"

regards

out of cash

quote:
Originally posted by movin on

Hi there 007

Whilst i had an awful interview they were not as 'forward' as your interviewer. I feel disgusted that you were treated this way, but rest assured it will get easier for you, it may take a few days or weeks but keep leaning on us for support - i did and i really dont know where i would be if it weren't for all my friends here.

Take care

Jenny

xx

xx

OUT OF CASH Posted - 20 December 2008 : 20:41:40
Hi Needafriend,

done the deed this month few wks back its taken nearly 3 wks for me to get my head around this that feeeling of not having to answer solicitors letters ,dcas,etc thinking of investing in a cheap shredder or will be steaming the nasty letters open and doing a return to sender via post with my BR cert attached i am currently unemployed and see this as a blessing in disguise at the mo with all the stuff on IPAs etc will be glad to see the back of this year hope things work out fine for you will be staying in my house until the OR sells it me and my other half have split but still live in same house its not a good situation i live on the top floor her on the bottom.

best regards

ooc
quote:
Originally posted by Needafriend

Hi OOC & welcome

Oh-

Jo
x

19 Weeks down

33 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!

movin on Posted - 20 December 2008 : 17:34:20
Hi there 007

Whilst i had an awful interview they were not as 'forward' as your interviewer. I feel disgusted that you were treated this way, but rest assured it will get easier for you, it may take a few days or weeks but keep leaning on us for support - i did and i really dont know where i would be if it weren't for all my friends here.

Take care

Jenny

xx

xx
Needafriend Posted - 20 December 2008 : 17:00:43
Hi OOC & welcome

Oh-

Jo
x

19 Weeks down

33 to go

OUT OF CASH Posted - 20 December 2008 : 16:47:59
HI, just been reading your post on the OR interview if they come any of that moral crap with me they will wish they never bothered to interview me i did a 2 hr inter on the phone and that wasnt to bad my debt is 70k so that freakshow who gave you an interview needs a good ticking off . i think its just some pathetic power game with these ORs the face to face stuff theyve got the statements the moneys gone banks are going to get didly squat end of.sound to me he dealt with you worse than at a court hearing.

you have my sympathies and i wish you good luck for 2009.

regards

ooc

quote:
Originally posted by Help007

I had my OR interview today it was the worst thing ever, my year has been so bad now just got worse.

He was horrid kept looking at me digusted, tutted kept shaking his head and said I had to have another interview with a senior examiner - what more can I tell them? I am defiantely getting a BRO and the bit thats haunts is " I am so so so so so so sorry but it really does not look good for you at all" What does he mean by this?

I am petrified now. Why have I got to have another interview? I dont know what else I can tell them, I got large amounts of credit to pay the loan repayments, credit card bills each month and kept doing this thinking I would be able to repay it somehow that something would change.

I am convinced the way he was talking I am going to end up in prison.

John Posted - 20 December 2008 : 02:14:00
Hi Help007

do you know yet when the 2nd OR interview is scheduled?

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Help007 Posted - 19 December 2008 : 16:05:46
I did think of complaining but if I am honest I just want to forget it and get on with my life and try to keep my head down and do whatever they ask.

I just pray that 2009 I can start debt free and be drawn some better luck cause it really is about time I had some, not sure mentally how more I can take.
Almost there Posted - 19 December 2008 : 12:46:49
What an absolute b******, and a pig of an examiner, he really does not sound professional at all. I would take Jo's advice and complain to a higher authority. Sandie
Needafriend Posted - 19 December 2008 : 12:21:11
I would complain to a higher authority if i were you.

There is absolutely no need for him to do that to you.

Let us know what happens.

Jo
x

19 Weeks down

33 to go

Help007 Posted - 19 December 2008 : 12:17:07
Thank everyone.

Another thing as I was leaving he looked at me with a smirk and an almost chuckle and said Have a Good Xmas and New Year. Felt very patronising.
Mr.E.Guest Posted - 19 December 2008 : 11:24:29
Hi

Sounds like your interveiwer was an officious little tw@t - they need to see themselves in less favourable circumstances and ask how they'd wish to be treated!

Our house and business has gone t!ts up to and we are in the process of going BR and repossesed.

The one thing that keeps us posative is that none of us are alone - consider Woolworths - debts of £344 million, the banks who had huge debts but the government bailed out - there are hundreds of people and businesses just like you or I - none of us has a magic ball to predict the future.

From what I've read most OR's are quite humain - and at the end of the day who are they to judge - same could happen to them one day - they have mortgages and credit cards and car loans - if they lost their jobs...!

look to the future - debt free ;-)

Cheers

Tim
Help007 Posted - 19 December 2008 : 11:21:33
It is Maidstone
johns_in_debt Posted - 19 December 2008 : 11:14:21
Out of curiosity - which county court are you dealing with?

Good luck, I'm sure it will all be fine

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page