Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Truth

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
soooo scared Posted - 01 January 2009 : 22:44:30
I hold my hands up. I deserve to go to prison. I am ashamed but I need to tell someone. I have debts of 41k and am at the end of the road. I have taken some cash on a credit card to cover the next 2 payments on my debts but after that it's the end, i have no more credit left. I recieve 1600 a month wages but pay out on debt alone
1400. I have run up extra debts over christmas, i know this is not looking good and probably will be prosecuted. I have lived way beyond my means, had holidays etc. I have even lied on credit applications stating i own my home when i don't. Please no one reply telling me how bad i have been, i already know, have contemplated suicide but i'm too much of a coward for that. Don't know what to do and desperate. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation?????
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
soooo scared Posted - 06 January 2009 : 21:05:22
Hi Nichola

I'm so pleased that my postings has in some way helped you :-)

As for being brave and strong......This i definately arn't, I am shaking in my boots, but like many others, have no choice.

Good luck for next week I will be thinking of you.
Nomoneynic Posted - 06 January 2009 : 11:44:51
Hi so scared. It is through reading your comments I decided to post a few comments. My hubby and I are going to go bankrupt next Friday 16 Jan. 2008 was the year from hell and then in later stages of the year we just hit rock bottom. I phoned my mum and dad sobbing down the phone. I could not afford to feed our kids for the rest of the week. I knew my dad would be mad as we had been here before but he took me down to the 24hr tesco and did the best shop ever (thanks bank of dad). It was then he told us he could not really help us out this time (with a few swear words in there as well). We got some advice from Melanie Giles and basically role on next fri. We are really scared but with all the lovely people on this site I am sure we will get through.

Thank you for posting it has helped with our feelings we are experiencing. You are so brave and strong

Nichola

Nic
Almost there Posted - 03 January 2009 : 12:27:48
Hi Soooo Scared
Your health is more important than money, money is just printed paper at the end of the day. I do hope that you can have that 8 hours it will do you the power of good and you can cope much better when you are not tired. Take care.
Sandie x
soooo scared Posted - 03 January 2009 : 10:51:04
awwwwww 8 hrs sleep that alone is something to look forward to!!!!
I will keep posting all the way till the end because it could help somebody else in a similiar situation. I have a long way to go but my head is alot clearer today.
ANYBODY READING THIS THAT FEELS LIKE I DID WITH NO WAY OUT PLEASE JUST TAKE THE PLUNGE AND POST ON THIS FORUM. IT'S SO DIFFICULT BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH BETTER YOU WILL FEEL JUST BY SHARING AND ADMITTING YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.
Needafriend Posted - 03 January 2009 : 10:14:24
I agree,

We all need our sleep and the worry of the debts can take its toll, but at the end of the day its only paper.

Soooo scared be strong and do keep posting, before you know it you will have the full 8 hours sleep and it will be the best in a long time ;-)

LOL your needafriend

Jo
x

22 Weeks down

30 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
s4pps Posted - 03 January 2009 : 08:51:05
quote:
Originally posted by soooo scared

I actually slept for a few hours last night and can now see light at the end of the tunnel.

A bit of sleep makes a huge difference doesn't it :)

Suzanne x

http://stressedsuzanne.blogs.iva.co.uk/
soooo scared Posted - 03 January 2009 : 08:15:55
Thanks for all the support, I can't tell you what it means to me to be able to share my fears and know that none of you are frowning and looking down on me. I actually slept for a few hours last night and can now see light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you so much to everyone.
MrandMrs Posted - 03 January 2009 : 04:00:10
So-Scared - all I want to do is give you a great big hug. I know all we can do on here is write words, but please believe, you have people on this site who will go well out of their way to assist you. We are all in the same boat, my husband is about to go BR with £100k of debt.

You have support on this site and you have non judgmental advise from people who really do care about helping others.

Take care and I hope 2009 becomes a great year for you and your family - the first step is the worst and you've already taken that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

working towards the first day of the rest of our lives
Trolly-Dolly Posted - 02 January 2009 : 21:17:00
Hello Sooooooooo Scared!

Most of what I want to say has been said already, so I'll just share a bit with you instead.

Robbed Peter to pay Paul for six months (would draw £100s out on the credit card and pay into current account to pay credit cards!). In March bought a laptop (£400) on credit, took out a credit card for £1250 (maxed in one month). Did not make a single payment on either.
In may took delivery of childs bed (£230) and childrens clothes (£180). Did I plan this? NO. I simply had my head in the sand.
Went BR in August after not paying creditors for 4 months and saving the fee (£990 for OH and I).
Have now been advised of an early discharge after just 4 months.

Can honestly say its the best thing I have done, my life has changed for the better and I am a different person without credit in my life. Poorer but happier! Its been a scary lesson and one that I dont take for granted either.

I too was terrified that I would be prosecuted etc. But I soon realised that I am no criminal, juts a mum trying to get by who made some foolish mistakes.

Keep posting, we are here for you x

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Needafriend Posted - 02 January 2009 : 17:38:44
Hi Sandie

I will have to catch up with you on facebook so that you cna tell me more.

LOL

Jo
x

22 Weeks down

30 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Almost there Posted - 02 January 2009 : 17:01:36
Hi Jo and Sooo Scared
You are right and lets look to the future, I know that mine is all in front of me but strangely enough I feel quite calm, at least at the moment and as Sooo Scared said, be honest, that's what I am going to be, I shall just say that I lost my partner and I did a fair amount of comfort shopping which made me feel good at the time. What can they do with me? send me to the gallows?!!! I think I have come out of it now, and I have had my first bit of good news this year and that is my daughter and her partner are getting back together after a 6 month break, I am really pleased about that, as for me, well, there could be a new romance in the air, !!!!!!!! just watch this space.
Happy New Year to everyone on here.
Needafriend Posted - 02 January 2009 : 16:27:06
Here here guys,

We know that there will be many more insolvencies this year from us little people to the very large businesses and although its hard to come to terms with and actually go through we know that we will never be alone. We have found this site and this is the place that will guide each of us through the rough and the tough times to then finally see that beautifull bright light at the end of the tunnel.

We have our health and that is something to be thankfull for, we have that support but there are many others out there scared to death of the phone calls and the post, i for one hope that they find us and then we can all help those out too.

We had courage to admit we needed to get these debts sorted and now that same courage will see us through to the end.

I know i have said this but we wont be the first or the last, we have taken control of our lives and for the better.

To all my friends old and new, i want to wish you all the very best for your debt free futures, we all deserve to be happy and not laden down with the ball and chain that we once had. We all wanted to pay those debts, but we cant, thats life.

Be strong and live for a better future.

LOL

Jo
x

22 Weeks down

30 to go

soooo scared Posted - 02 January 2009 : 16:04:43
Its so good to know i'm not alone, and have the support of others who know exactly how it is to feel like i do.
Well Sandie it looks like we will be both going BR at the same time, let's look to the future and remember that this time next yr it should (hopefully) all be behind us. I am going to be totaly honest with the OR i can't see the point in lying and you r right, they have probably seen this all before.
onwardandupward Posted - 02 January 2009 : 14:20:30
hello soooo scared

like you i was very much in debt (100k) and i nearly had a break down with worry, was in a real mess, but i found once i had faced the problem (like you) it became much easier to sort, i struggled with an iva for 6 months and all i was doing was feathering the insolvency practitionors pockets amd then became bankrupt and everything looked a lot rosier, now 2 months in and i have got my life back and i would thoroughly recommend you go br as soon as possilbe and can only advise you be honest with the or who to me has been fantastic
and very helpful, good luck and make that appointment today!!

Almost there Posted - 02 January 2009 : 13:50:49
Hello Soooo Scared, you sound exactly like me, I have worried myself sick about fraud, prison etc. it is a relief to know that I am not the only person with the same thoughts. I do beleive that debtors prisons finished many, many years ago.
I have done exactly the same as you, consolidated loans, ran up all my credit cards, living beyond my means etc. and am looking to go BR later this month, I am dreading it but I have no choice and I just want to get it over with.
This site is brilliant and has helped me so much, I don't feel so alone, no one judges you on here and you will get all the support you want. You haven't done anything that the OR hasn't heard before.
Good luck
Sandie

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page