Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Co op Cashminder Account!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Helen030166 Posted - 01 February 2009 : 14:32:07

hI ALL, I just want to inform you that when we went BR last year we opened a coop cashminder account, as we were told they will allow you a basic bank account to put your wages in and do SO's and DDs .

However, last week I made a payment using my card and didnt realise a DD was being taken out at the same time, as it was not on my list of dds. That made me £1.50 overdrawn and the Coop have sent me a letter saying they will close the account and stopped all my standing orders and direct debits immediately!

Please can anyone advise me of a decent ban for bankrupts?

Thanks Helen x

Thanks for your Help,Helen x
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sjbyron Posted - 02 February 2009 : 01:24:46
I think it doess, however the advisor I spoke to at Barclays said that as a bankrupt I would not be eligible for a barclays cashcard account with Connect Card as thats for people with a stronger credit record than bankruptcy such as CCJs or IVAs.

Hope that helps

Stu J Byron
zamfir Posted - 02 February 2009 : 00:07:39
Does anybody know if the Barclays Cash Card account (with Connect card) displays your balance in real time?
sjbyron Posted - 01 February 2009 : 20:38:09
Thanks Leah

Stu J Byron
Skippy Posted - 01 February 2009 : 20:25:12
I had an account with Think Banking and I thought they were useless. The amount of time I spent on the phone was ridiculous, especially as I was paying for the call!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

20 IPA payments made, 16 to go - on the home straight!
leahk Posted - 01 February 2009 : 20:23:27
Sorry to change the subject - Happy Birthday for tomorrow Stu x
sjbyron Posted - 01 February 2009 : 20:17:52
Hi

Isnt a visa Electron card decided as an electronic only transaction card, i.e you card use the old swipe systems which take an imprint, and doesnt visa electron, have to be preauthorised prior to a transaction completion,as ifyou had a DDI paid and you used your card, then shouldnt the card of be declined.

I would argue this with Coop either on the point that their systems should of declined the transactions or ask them to keep the account open with a cashcard not electron card for 6 months and review to go back onto an electron card after that.

OneBanking is a good concept however you have to wait til after 10 to have credits paid into your account, you can only transfer £450 a day to your card, you cant do CHAPS, you can only withdraw £250 from cash machines and no DDIs

Thinkbanking allows DDIs and SOIS for Bankrupt people, however if a problem arrises with their systmes or any problem they can take weeks to sort it out, also from my own experience they nwont cancel DDIs or SOIs even when requested and the waiting times on the phones are terrible, they also dont allow you to voice a complaint.

If you are already bankrupt then the rules of offset dont apply for new accounts

Stu J Byron
hadenuff Posted - 01 February 2009 : 18:22:04
No worries needafriend, Skippy explained. I was just a bit confused at the time.x.
Skippy Posted - 01 February 2009 : 17:52:47
The big downside with One Banking (apart from the fee) is you can't have direct debits with this account.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Helen030166 Posted - 01 February 2009 : 17:49:17
HSBC is one of or creditors bt ive just found ONE Account onlne and they take on anyone, regardless of status. They apparently wont let you go overdrawn they inform you before hand whats in yor bank and they keep to one side yor money for dds and so' and the rest is like a pay as you go credit card that you can se anywhere, but only while itsin credit!

Thanks for your Help,Helen x
Melanie.n Posted - 01 February 2009 : 17:36:43
Hi Skippy, like you i was amazed when a client came through informing me of their ability to open an account with that bank, but this has been confirmed with a couple of clients, so it must be okay, provided you have had no previous debt with them. The important thing is though whatever account is opened it must be operated in credit, otherwise the difficulties facing this clietnt will be faced by anyone going overdrawn no matter how small the amount. It is hard to budget, but try to ignore the final £5 in your account pretend if you can that it is not yours so you always have a small buffer - not easy on a budget, but far better than having your account closed!

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
01446 711780
hadenuff Posted - 01 February 2009 : 17:33:39
Ahh, I see. Thanks Skippy, thought I had missed something
Skippy Posted - 01 February 2009 : 17:10:50
Jo was replying to my post about the spreadsheet x

hadenuff Posted - 01 February 2009 : 17:04:03
[quote]Originally posted by Needafriend

Same here

Great minds and all that.

LOL

Jo x

Sorry, don't understand
hadenuff Posted - 01 February 2009 : 16:59:37
I managed to open a HSBC Basic Account post bankruptcy. They were very helpful and obviously they wasn't one of my creditors. Good little bank account.
Skippy Posted - 01 February 2009 : 16:59:19
Actually it's more of a computerised comfort blanket! I have it accurate to the last penny, and if something goes wrong I panic until I've found the problem!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page