Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 what a mess please help ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sott1967 Posted - 03 February 2009 : 15:03:50
Ok heres my story,

i feel nothing but shame and worthlessness right now any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated.

I am pretty sure personal bankruptcy is my best option.

Basically my wife left me last oct (08) and is now living in our family home with her new partner and our 2 beautiful daughters. I signed over the house deeds to her and him last dec(08) there is NO EQUITY in the house,i have been living in rented since she told me of the affair. I have had a gambling issue for some time but since last oct it has got out of all proportion, however i do finally realise the damage it has caused and am noe attending GA, since last oct i have got 35k in debt about 80% due to gambling, four credit cards and one bank loan. Heres my main concerns all the credit cards were taken out with my old address (homeowner) and all around the time we split i have not informed them of my new rented address i also stated my self employed earnings as 40k when they are more like 10k. The bank loan did have my correct rented address when i applied last oct but i did inflate my earnings, i was self employed caterer but now am looking at unemployment as i cannot run a business from rented place. I also sold my van 8k recently and again lost this gambling. I have no assets and have been a complete fool please could anyone tell me what i may be faced with in bankruptcy or is it even more serious ie fraud. Nearly all of the money has been lost in the last few weeks.

this is my honest true sad story

Please help/advise if you can i am sick with worry .

Thanks
Scott
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 19 February 2009 : 11:09:13
If I were you I would phone Paul and have another chat with him.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

20 IPA payments made, 16 to go - on the home straight!
sott1967 Posted - 19 February 2009 : 10:52:52
"debt free future", just did a web search and up they popped 0800 number. To be honest not sure if i was talking to an expert or just call centre staff but they were not very interested and flippent with me to say the least, completely opposite to Paul from reviva who was most helpful and reasurring when i spoke to him, but it has certainly got me scared again. There is absolutely no way i would want to risk any form of prosecution due to the impact it would have on my children.

Any thoughts please anyone.

Thanks
Scott
Skippy Posted - 19 February 2009 : 10:38:43
I would definitely recommend that you get a second opinion. Contact one of the experts who posts on here (their details are in the experts section on the left), or give the helpline a call.

Just out of interest who was it you spoke to?

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

sott1967 Posted - 19 February 2009 : 10:25:59
Wow,

Now i am scared.

Just told my story as detailed in this post to another bankruptcy solicitor/company and they said they could not really help as they are sure it would be viewed as fraud and not appropriate for them, prison could also not be ruled out.

Now i am terrified, they say the main reason is that most of the credit card debt was taken out so recently and with cash withdrawls upto 8k used to fund my gambling addiction it was a very serious situation indeed in which the credit card companies would almost certainly prosecute.

Can anybody tell me if this is possible because just when i thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel this happens and i feel sick with worry again.

I really am finished with gambling now and have been attending GA for the past few weeks now.

HELP HELP HELP !! sorry for shouting feel like crying really.

Scott

Just when
sott1967 Posted - 05 February 2009 : 18:08:03
just wondering if anyone has a similar story to me and if so what bru/bro did you get, plus come on guy's having read my story give me your best guess on what will happen to me (length of bru/bro etc) i'm a big boy i can take it and won't hold you to it just have a guess. you all have better idea than me and you have my full details (nothing left out).

thanks
Scott
sott1967 Posted - 04 February 2009 : 14:07:20
Jane,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Scott
Jane.l Posted - 04 February 2009 : 08:48:11
All I can say is , the OR has dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases and I guess a lot of them have gambling involved.

In my opinion, a BRO/BRU would not matter to me one jot if I had got one, it would not have affected my life in anyway as I have no intention of getting credit ever again and it would not affect my job in any way. I really don't think a BRU/BRO is such a big deal TBH. I can easily say that though as I did not get one, my more major concern was not getting an IPA, I would rather have had the BRO than an IPA
sott1967 Posted - 04 February 2009 : 08:07:24
any more thoughts please anyone ??
Skippy Posted - 03 February 2009 : 20:19:46
No, it doesn't. However it's difficult for us to give specific advice as none of us know what the OR will be thinking. I do think you need to take professional advice, by either contacting an IP, Reviva, the CAB or the CCCS.

sott1967 Posted - 03 February 2009 : 19:56:54
Come on guys give me your opinions i can deal with it honest, does everyones silence mean i really am in the sxxt

Thanks
sott1967 Posted - 03 February 2009 : 18:34:00
Thanks

anyone else please

do any of you know of someone with similar circumstances to me ?
if so what happened to them ?

Thanks
Scott
harbourmaster Posted - 03 February 2009 : 18:26:38
Hi Scott, I cant reassure you as again like skippy I am no expert. The only thing I would like to say is that you have overcome th biggest hurdle in admitting and accepting your problems. From my experience it is good to get things off your chest and out in the open. Keep posting on here as there are many people who will help you through these difficult times and you will see th elight at the end of the tunnel soon......
Skippy Posted - 03 February 2009 : 18:17:52
Scott, I'm not going to try to reassure you as I'm not a professional expert, only someone who has been BR myself. One thing I will say to you though is that your children won't be ashamed of you - you're their dad and they love you. You will get through this.

One thing I will suggest is that you give Paul Johns a call. He posts as Reviva on the forum and his details are on the experts page, or any of his posts. He is a BR expert and he will be able to talk to you on a one to one basis. He's also a very nice man!

sott1967 Posted - 03 February 2009 : 18:01:38
Melanie

Thanks,

are you sure what i have done would not be classed as fraud in anyway, prison etc. i have stated everything (nothing still to come out closet) only good thing i have in my life are my wonderful children i dont want to bring my shame onto them.

Scott
Melanie.n Posted - 03 February 2009 : 17:52:11
Sorry Sott1967 it is impossible to give a timeframe other than it cannot be over 15 years (the max available - though in practise very rare and you are no where near the category of individual for whom that figure would be set)

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
01446 711780

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page