Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 single father/no assets .i owe 30k!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frank-watkins Posted - 18 February 2009 : 15:26:15
hello. i just joined here cos i dont know what else to do.
im a single father in my 30s.i live with my parents. i own nothing,no car,property..nothing..well obviously clothes some cd's a poxy tv and this pc.
i worked part time for 5 years,contracted only a couple of nights a week.i got a credit card,milked it,got another one milked it and so on..i was offered a loan at the bank when i was actually overdrawn! i took it right away, my money has gone on food drink,trying to enjoy myself and ofcourse giving my son all he wants since his mother is not interested.
i topped up my loan till it was 23k.. and i got 2 credit cards,one i owe 6500 on and another i owe 1500.
i am signed off work these days with severe anxiety,depression etc so my loan gets paid off since it was insured,how long this lasts i have no idea since i never read any letters from the bank or anyone else for that matter.
recently ive started gambling heavily aswell. so im down to my last few quid.
ive actually thought of just walking into a police station and asking them to arrest me since i know im in deep financial trouble yet i cant seem to do anything about it.im constantly in a bad mood,i enjoy nothing. i keep a happy face on most of the time so as not to let onto anyone else...my folks know nothing both are in their 60's and would drop dead if i told em how much i owed.
basically ive pissed my money up the wall trying to enjoy myself, y know expensive meals,drinking,going places, buying junk i dont need.
i have no idea how to declare myself bankrupt or even if im entitled too.im kinda just waiting till the last moment then.... to hell with it all. right now im at my lowest,my depressive state has cost me a long term relationship,i cant discuss any of my problems with anyone at all. im at the "i really couldnt care less" point.
society makes me sick to my stomach and i just want to be away from it.
im scared to even ask about being bankrupt since the idea of being surrounded by office types and going to court scares me to death. its hard enough for me to talk on the phone unless my medication has kicked in.
you know how im getting through each day?
im going to the bookies and hoping that i somehow win 30 grand.
and thats it....
if i could go to jail for say 6 months and come out debt free id gladly do it.life is totally meaningless.

help me if you can. thanks for reading my ramblings .
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chester2005 Posted - 02 April 2009 : 19:35:14
Have a good weekend Frank try not to stress too much it will all work itself out i'm sure.

Remember the experts are there all hours of the day and at weekends so if you need you can get some help.
That goes the same if the CAB are unhelpful, some can be great others are almost a waste of time.
Either way it's not a problem it CAN be sorted.

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.
Life's too short!!!
frank-watkins Posted - 02 April 2009 : 16:07:09
HI.
im goin to CAB on monday first thing gonna wait outside bout an hour before so im first in the que.i will take all the papers i own and tell em everything.
i will let you know how i get on.
thanks again.
chester2005 Posted - 02 April 2009 : 00:25:16
Frank,
I and a lot of other people on this forum can identify with what you are feeling and going through.
All i can say is take some advice from experts, these are mostly people who sort out problems like yours day in day out so you have nothing to worry about, they will have seen worse cases than yours!!!
As Skippy said try giving an expert like Paul Johns from Reviva a call i know for a fact he has dealt with worse cases than yours.
It honestly is not as bad as you imagine, all you have to do is take it one step at a time.
The first step is talk to someone who knows

Dave
Skippy Posted - 01 April 2009 : 20:31:06
Regarding the loan insurance - I still think that you will have to include the loan in your debts as I can't see that the insurance company will carry on paying if you enter any form of insolvency procedure as all debts must be included.

You really do need to take professional advice about your situation as I'm not sure the DRO will be the way forward for you due to your loan. You could try contacting Paul Johns from Reviva - his details are in the experts section at the side of the page.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

22 IPA payments made, 14 to go - on the home straight!
Niobe Posted - 01 April 2009 : 17:23:56
Is there a time limit on the payments the insurance company will make to the loan?

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
warsteiner Posted - 01 April 2009 : 16:54:57
Frank, you need to seek expert advice to get out of the mess that you are in. I have spoken to a couple of IPs over the last week and they were both great and do not judge you.

It's been 1 month since you made your original post and it doesn't look like you have sought any advice. Got to your local CAB or speak to a couple of IPs as your situation isn't going to get any better unless you take action.

Do not take another loan or credit card as this could go against you if you do declare bankruptcy as you will be taking the money with no realistic way or ever paying it back.
frank-watkins Posted - 01 April 2009 : 12:37:38
I owe now 3 cards.
1 £1000
2.£1500
3.£6400

all with interest rising...

my loan of 23 k is being paid off by the loan insurance company while om off sick and i will never return to work at all.

ive currently no available cash at al... i just had ANOTHER call from another loan company, i dunno where they got my number from,next caller gets told that im dead anyway regardless who it is.

so yes my debts that i cant sort out are around 9 thousand. i cant possibly go the next 5 days without money though so thats why i was ready to take any offer of a loan as long as i could get it today or latest tommorow. cant think straight...

just now... i got a text also.. "loan finance we can help"

christ, i just want everyone to just drop over dead and leave me alone.
Skippy Posted - 01 April 2009 : 12:19:41
Please can you confirm how much you owe, as in your original posts you say 30k and if this is the case you won't qualify for a DRO.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

22 IPA payments made, 14 to go - on the home straight!
frank-watkins Posted - 01 April 2009 : 11:53:43
Hello again.
Im relying on this DEBT RELIEF ORDER on 6th april,it is my last hope.i have zero cash left,my gambling has now milked me dry.ive had several loan companies on the phone talking nonsense wasting my time and irritating the hell out of me, im not looking for CONSOLIDATION at all.Infact i will more than likely go for complete bankrupcy and to hell with the consequences...maybe it will also get me out of my 3 network poxy mobile contact too and get everyone off my back.
I was hoping one of these companies who have been calling would offer me a straight loan..i would of taken it regardless of interest.been signed off sick again for next 6 months so my loan at the bank is covered but i now have 3 credit cards milked totaling 9 thousand and rising with the interest.
im hoping i can sort this out on the 6th like ive been told i can....if i was somehow lied to or decieved in any way... then my only option is applying for every single card i can get my hands on and paying off one with the other...then jail.
cant think straight with no money in my pocket.
if there is ANY CATCH AT ALL....in this debt relief order please can someone tell me.

on the 6th...all i want to do is go to the citizens advice and fill out whatever forms i have too,give em all my demands and walk out the door without feeling suicidal.

if i can do this maybe things will be ok,but at the moment id gladly milk another card if i had one.cant help it.

sorry for the rant. just at the end of my tether so to speak. and the moron who just called me gave me false hope again.
frank-watkins Posted - 03 March 2009 : 23:08:44
yeah i re read it again.yesterday was a bad day,anxiety gets the better of me most days.
my loan is being paid off with loan protector.they told me on the phone that they can help me get shut off my card debts though,
will just have to wait till april 6th and go to citizens advice at around 6 am ;-)

sorry for the previous post.
Melanie.n Posted - 02 March 2009 : 14:27:13
For one thing if your debts are over £15k as per your original post you would not qualify for a DRO and would have to go down the bankruptcy route as a solution. DOR's are for people with debts UNDER £15k,secondly the £50 in the DRO refers to disposible income - that is income after your allowable expenses ie rent/utilities/food/travel costs etc

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
frank-watkins Posted - 02 March 2009 : 13:53:13
i just read through that debt relief order thing and its nonsense and gave me false hope.
it say you have to have less that £50 a month to live on... rediculous, even the lowest of the lowest dole payments is more than 50 quid a month.
the citizens advice place here in blackpool doesnt even have a damn appointment service...you gotta cue up for over an hour every day in the hope you get seen by the 2 or 3 people in there.
all i can see is maybe going to jail, and id gladly take that option right now cos i now have zero access to money, im overdrawn and no chance of help from anyone.
i knew there would be a catch, and there was and i fell for it.

Melanie.n Posted - 02 March 2009 : 13:23:40
Hi there 'Loans 2 go' DON'T DO IT if you are going to file for bankruptcy in the near future, the last thing you need to do is incur more credit in the full knowledge that you cannot afford to repay it - you may end up with a BRO which will result in your bankruptcy being extended!! It is not worth it, get in touch with the courts and get hold of the forms and book a date for bankrupty, or if the debts are under £15k contact the CAB and make the appointment now ready to file a DRO - please do not incure more debt, it may seem a sensible option in the short term but it will definately not not help you in the long term!

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
frank-watkins Posted - 02 March 2009 : 13:15:07
guess who just phoned me?
LOANS2GO !
I told him i was off work on the sick but he still wanted to give me a loan.
having put the phone down im VERY VERY TEMPTED to call back since my debts are so out of control now.

2 credit cards totalling 8 grand, minimum payments total 500 quid a month.
overdrawn,so i cant get any cash out of the machine.
ive borrowed 60 quid of my folks,60 off a mate.
i got 2 mobile bills (my sons and mine) tv/internet bill.
i got 14 quid in my pocket which i know will go in the bookies on rediculous outsiders just incase i win.

i cant wait till april for some option i heard that wipes out debts of upto 15K ...thats too far away.
also need to give my folks 300 quid for board money.
they dont know i have debts so i cant tell em i dont have it.

think i need to go totally bankrupt..to hell with it, ive been charged i think 4 times this month for overdrawing and returned direct debits.

how do i go about it...and i mean like right away.i cant wait any longer.

help if you can.
Skippy Posted - 23 February 2009 : 15:10:32
Good luck - if you need any help please post and someone will know the answer x

20 IPA payments made, 16 to go - on the home straight!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page