Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 My wife was made bankrupt 4 years ago

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
markm Posted - 19 February 2009 : 20:51:35
My wife was made bankrupt 4 years ago due to an unpaid tax debt, for an un paid tax return in 1998.we have no other debts and a 25k mortgage on a 100k house,I work away from home quite a bit and was home in may last year when i found a letter saying the house was going to be sold due to the bankruptsy, this was the first i had herd of it.
I knew nothing about br and went in to shock.
I went to see the trustee who told me the debt was about 20k which had risen from 2k three years before. she told me that i had to sell the house or remorgage.
The following week the trustee rang me to tell me the debt was 30k and that there was somethigs missed of the first bill, all in all it was 10k for tax and 20k for cost''s.
I said i would try to remortgage.
She put me in touch with a specalist in remortgages for br people.
in the mean time she rang the specalist and said to anule the br it would cost 36 k allin!
when i got the mortgage cost and monthy repayments it was going to be 700 a month and i would have to restart my mortgage, i was twelve years in to my mortgage and it was 200 a month.
The trustee told me that i had a year to decide what i was going to do.
In the meen time mywork slide down and i was very quiet, wth all the cridit crunch stuff!
i ended up working in holland. on 4 of december last year my house was took off me to be sold, the locks were changed and my wife and chilidren where homeless.
The trustee took the house from us while i was working away. my wife manged to rent onother house for now, and moved the contents.
The trustee told me they have full controle of the house and stop paying the mortgage as it was frozen and they had the house insured.My bank has just called asking why for the last twomonths i have not paid my mortgage and say they have no info on any of this happening!
I rang the trustee and she told me if they call again to tell them tocall her, the bank say that it is not right and should not have happened!
where doi stand
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
flyzer05 Posted - 09 September 2010 : 20:25:21
Very true, stay strong!
markm Posted - 29 September 2009 : 12:21:42
Hi ALL...

Sorry weve not posted on the forum for a long time... Just to let everyone no... How life & things are for us at the minute...
Well people... Life couldnt be better... We back in our family home & are so happy...
To think of life this time last year & throughout bankruptcy... All seems to be av been a really bad dream...
So people out there who are feelin at there worst & lowest time through Bankruspsy... Try & stay strong... As things can & will only get better !!!
There is defo life & better things after bankrupsy... for most...
Me & my family are proof of that... There is happiness, good life, & better times ahead... After Bankruptsy bad times...
Thinking of yous All people...

my regards Lil Shaza... (Markm,s wife) xX :)

markm. xX
leakie Posted - 30 May 2009 : 07:35:41
Hi Shazza
I glad everything worked out for you and Mark,
All the best for the Future,

Leakie
markm Posted - 30 May 2009 : 00:00:29

timendi~causcrest~nesire !!! xX

markm. xX
markm Posted - 29 May 2009 : 23:54:49

Hi All on the forum... xX

We havent posted on the forum for quite some time... As weve never really stopped from getting our house back...

Just to let you,s no that all is ok on our end... We finally got documentation through & signed by the trustees solistor last week...
The land registry signed back over to us !!!

We havent forgettin about the forum & everyone on it... We will be posting n trying to help people in BR... As they helped us every step of the way... xX in mine... xX

From getting our house back... Weve had a few set backs n things gone wrong !!! But we well on our way now & can honestly say... Things & life are a lot better... xX

Well for now my good people Bye... xX

My Regards lil Shaza... (markm,s wife) xX
xX

markm. xX
markm Posted - 19 April 2009 : 10:23:16
Hi All on the forum... xX

Does anyone no how long it normally takes for a trustee to change the land registry back into someone in BR ???
In my BR, He executed a warrant & took possession... To sell it on the open market...
There was an offer made by someone... We payed to the trustee the full moneys they would have gettin if the house was sold... He handed the keys of our property back to us...
That was over 2 weeks ago... Weve still recieved no documentation from the trustee... !!! ??? !!!

My Regards lil Shaza. xX

markm. xX
markm Posted - 17 April 2009 : 16:06:03
Hi All On The Forum... xX

We still reading & posting on the forum...
Its funny how every minute i have free... its the first thing i do... haha xX
Suppose the forum was a everyday thing... When my bad days n help we needed in my BR... xX
Its strange when you posting n trying to advice n help others on the forum...
I duno about everyone else,,, but im sometimes scared incase i upset, or give someone the wrong advice !!! on different postings... Its quite hard as everyones BR & the people involved are different... int it ???

Well for now my good people...
Bye... xX

My regards always lil Shaza. xX

markm. xX
markm Posted - 17 April 2009 : 00:04:16
Hi Sonia & All xX

Thanks on posting... xX

Well still no documents from the trustee or there solistor... But has been the holidays... So will give another week before giving them a ring !!!
The land registry to be transfered back into our names too !!!
So soon as... The better...

Our house is getting there too... Its looking great & feeling more like our home... Amazing what a good clean & a lick of paint can do... (It did stand empty for over 3 months) !!!
We just about done upstairs n once down stairs is just about done... We will be moving back in... (yipeee) xX
Our house !!! xX

Well for now, my good people n everyone on the forum... its bye for now... Will be posting n looking on the forum, when we have a minute & are able... xX

My regards always lil Shaza. xX

markm. xX
sonia Posted - 16 April 2009 : 09:21:49
Hi guys, I have been quite busy and have just caught up with your thread. Make sure you get a full breakdown of costs from the trustee and his/solicitors. Get a full written record of disbursements. If they fob you off demand it.

If there is anything you don't understand or that don't make sense get advice and ask. You have that right. Just coz you have paid don't mean you can't complain. Your in a better position now because you have your house back and if you feel that you were treated unfairly ####### complain to the relevant bodies. I would.

take care
regards

sonia
markm Posted - 14 April 2009 : 14:42:29
Hi Skippy xX

Thanks on that reply... I was not discharged 12 month afer being made BR... My name was defentley still on the register... November 2008... So !!!

The trustee execuited the possession order they had on my house December 4. 2008... Unless its been taken off then !!!
Or maybe when weve paid to have the house back !!!
Just I didnt think it would have came off that quick... We havent recieved any documents from the trustees solistor yet... So !!!

Thanks. My regards lil Shaza. (markm) xX

markm. xX
Skippy Posted - 13 April 2009 : 21:42:04
Your details come off the insolvency register 3 months after you are discharged, so if you went BR in Jan 05 and had automatic discharge after 12 months your details would come off in April 06.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

22 IPA payments made, 14 to go - on the home straight!
markm Posted - 13 April 2009 : 18:45:41

Hi Kallis... xX

Thanks on that reply...
It sounds crazy that even though things can only get better... Silly little things on BR... Still get into ya mind...

My Regards lil Shaza. (markm) xX

markm. xX
Niobe Posted - 13 April 2009 : 14:41:01
I believe it is taken off as soon as you are discharged.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
markm Posted - 13 April 2009 : 13:46:26
John... Or any one... xX

Just a quick question... If you can... xX
Ive checked the Insolvancy Register... My name isnt listed on it any more... It doesnt seem long ago,,, when i checked,,, that I was listed on it... It was only 3~4~09 that we paid to have our house back... From the trustee... We were able to do this as he was going to sell it to someone else... for a stupid ammount...

I thought even when my bankruptsy was settled & over... Id be listed onit for at least 3 months after... I was made Bankrupt January 05... Does the trustee take my name off the register ??? Or is it through the courts ??? Or does it get taken off after a time limit ??? Does anyone no this... xX

Sorry to be a pain... Just ive had this going on in my head since yesterday... Know what i mean !!!

Thanks alot...

Happy Easter Monday All...

My regards... Lil Shaza. (Markm) xX xX

markm. xX
markm Posted - 12 April 2009 : 13:00:30
Hi everyone on the forum... xX xX

HAPPY EASTER

Wishing everyone a great weekend... xX Thinking of you,s all... xX

xX

Regards from lil Shaza. (markm) xX xX

markm. xX

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page