Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 bailiffs
 Does anyone else feel constant worry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
2stressed Posted - 12 April 2009 : 09:43:16
....it will be 2 wks this tuesday since i was made BR so still in the early stages. I still have forms etc to go back to OR.
I still feel a constant sense of worry tho and am wondering if i did the right thing as all I seem to have done is replaced one kind of worry(calls from creditors) with another type ( OR on my case for next 12 mths)

I even sit there and convince myself the OR wont like something and I will end up in trouble. Not sure if a lot of this is coming from not feeling too reassurued in the OR call.

This coupled with trying to find a job and scraping by on £60 a week is really starting to take its toll. The point of going BR was to remove some stress and draw a line under everything.

I feel like just hiding away for the next 12 mths till im discharged and start from there.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Richard P Posted - 09 July 2010 : 13:17:55
HI ww

sometimes just speaking through with someone helps

it is only ten days till court (take off the weekends) that only leaves a few days, i think from previous post you have consulted your insurance company, do they have someone that can talk through the process with you to help you relax. I know the week before our court date my wife was on the phone to the team at Reviva, it felt like all of the time but it was great just to have that reassurance

come the afternoon of the 20th, you will give a big sigh of relief and wonder what all the fuss was about

regards Richard
Worried Woman Posted - 09 July 2010 : 12:42:07
I have my hearing date for 20th July 2010. I have been in a constant state of worry for months. Can't get to sleep and am really ridiculously anxious.
I am worried about the day itself but absolutely dreading the OR phonecall. I have been completely honest with everything but am panicking that he/she won't like something I've put and I may end up in some sort of trouble.
All the different things to worry about, nil tax code, IPA, SOA etc, it's extremely stressful.
I have had some reassurance reading some of the posts on here and have too become addicted to checking and reading the forum for more scenarios.

Here's hoping it all goes o.k.

OMG so worried and not sleeping.
indy2005 Posted - 29 July 2009 : 23:19:49
quote:
Originally posted by markm

Hi 2stressed... xX

Good Luck... Hope they accept ya offer !!! xX

My Regards lil Shaza. (Markm) xX

markm. xX

I felt constant worry for 12 months making the decision, constant worry during BR, and now post discharge - I am constantly worried about IPAs, and my wifes house!!

markm Posted - 13 April 2009 : 12:46:24
Hi 2stressed... xX

Good Luck... Hope they accept ya offer !!! xX

markm. xX
Niobe Posted - 12 April 2009 : 15:26:54
Fingers crossed 2stressed. I hope they accept it.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
2stressed Posted - 12 April 2009 : 13:49:32
Im putting in an offer of 420 -garages valued it at 750 at weekend. keeping in mind it costs 250 for them to take it i hope its accepted.....

Luckily I had a refund on my court costs as I had paid full amount, plus spoke to family at W/E and they have said not to give them housekeeping this month to sort things out (tho they dont know its cos im BR and need to put offer on car.

If the OR says no I shall be gutted to say the least.
markm Posted - 12 April 2009 : 11:27:19
Hi All... xX

Sorry to hear... How stressed... you,s still are !!! xX Its awful & really anyone saying BR is a easy way out & a straight forward thing to do... As we all Know !!! (been through it... or going through it) Its really far from it... (even though every BR is different... the stress, the ups n downs, the yes,s n no,s) Is unbelievable !!! xX

On reading n posting on the IVA & BANKRUPTCY forum from April 2008. Im yet to read n see a straight forward case yet !!! xX I think all who are going through it,,, or have been there !!! In actual fact... just learn to live with it... xX

In my BR... (4 years gone january) I have to say... I am a lot stronger person through it all... But believe u me... I still have the scars... Still to this day !!! the word its self... BR,
the OR, the trustee, etc... Puts the fear of god into me... I have more good days than bad now !!! I just hope one day... the living nightmare n stress of it all... Does eventually go away !!! xX Its sad to think... What people do go through in bankruptcy... xX

All i can say to all on the forum... Chin up, be strong, know matter what !!! things n days... can only get better... (n never as bad as what theyve been) xX Only we can do that n no one else... xX Every step of the way... xX Says me... (Total stress head)&(Never got a penny) xX xX

For now... bye to all... xX

Thinking of you All... xX HAPPY EASTER

Niobe Posted - 12 April 2009 : 11:00:07
Have you managed to sort an offer out 2stressed?

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
2stressed Posted - 12 April 2009 : 10:40:31
I sincerely hope it gets better
I have to speak to OR tomorrow to put offer on my car....YIKES!
s4pps Posted - 12 April 2009 : 10:32:21
Yes, to a point. I do worry about the OR, but no phone calls, no CCJ's, no worrying knocks on the door. Financially we are better off, but I worry most about keeping our home :( I suppose it's perfectly natural - BR is a huge thing.

But it honestly gets easier every week. I'm 4 months down the line and I can feel my body relaxing more and more all the time.

(((hugs))) to both of you xx

Suzanne x

tiredandfedup Posted - 12 April 2009 : 09:50:13
I'm in the same situation as you (on benefit, too) and it certainly is taking its toll on me. My call with the OR couldn't have gone better and STILL I feel anxious and paranoid every day and obsessively read the posts here for new things to get worried about! I guess we should try to find ways to breathe and understand that the next months will pass and that nothing much else can actually happen that is worse than before.

Not much consolation I'm afraid! Except that someone else is feeling the same. And here we are on Easter morning!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page