Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Accepting a lower paid job post BR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mighty reds Posted - 21 May 2009 : 14:38:16
How would the OR feel about this? I'm not planning on it just right now, but, I was declared BR very recently, waiting for final IPA.

I've been working two jobs and about 45 hours a week for the last few months when I was trying one last attempt at managing my debt myself. I love my jobs on most days, but it takes it toll, not just doing 45 hours, but my main 40 hr a week job is tough, rewarding, but tough.

If I was to see a job I really liked that was £4,000 to £5,000 less than what I was earning now and I took it and then obviously my Income would fall.

Would the OR get the hump and think I'm just trying to get out of paying an IPA (should an IPA come).

For the past few years I've always ensured I am earning the most £££ I can (and this has involved some quite demanding jobs), lately with the idea of "starting again" from a debt perspective (which I now am), I've started contemplating considering my options in terms of my job / career, for example trying to reduce my hours with my current employee and returning to some study?

I know IPA's entered into can be changed if your financial circumstances change, but would this include voluntarily leaving a job and taking a lesser paid job or reducing your working hours and spending 1 day a week at college?

Could the OR with the (wrong) attitude of "this guy just wants to be on easy street" make things difficult for me?

It's not the reason I went BR (to be able to wave goodbye to demanding employment, but I can't help but be tempted to think I've got more options now to move about career / job / education wise as I am now no longer tied to £600 to £700 per month minimum payments).

Views? Experience? Hunches? Let me have them!

Thanks (as always)

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mighty reds Posted - 21 May 2009 : 15:02:27
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle83

I think that you have every right to change jobs, and they cant make you stay in one. If the job is affecting your stress levels, which I can imagine on 45 hr weeks, it would be, then they have no reason to question it. At the end of the day, the IPA should work around your life, not your life around the IPA

Thanks thats the key, that's what I am hoping. For so many years it has been the opposite (having to earn a certain amount to meet minimum debt repayments), so am hoping now that things can change a bit!!!

If I end up with an IPA it will be because my Net Income from my jobs is £1740 a month, which is quite a nice wage, but I'd sooner decide how much I have to earn each month (within reason).

And anyway, by reducing my hours and gaining some more qualifications in my field I can improve my future earning powers anyway.

Thanks for your input
Sparkle83 Posted - 21 May 2009 : 14:55:54
I think that you have every right to change jobs, and they cant make you stay in one. If the job is affecting your stress levels, which I can imagine on 45 hr weeks, it would be, then they have no reason to question it. At the end of the day, the IPA should work around your life, not your life around the IPA

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page