Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 An update on the coop visa debit for Cashminder

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sjbyron Posted - 20 June 2009 : 14:01:00
Hi

Well I spoke to Coop and the reaally nice lady said that their system is showing that I have visa Electron and the 4508875 IS an electron identifier, she apologised and said that this has never happened befure with a visa debit card being printed with an electron number she is going to speak to card services on Monday and ring me back, she said that either the 4508 will get changed to Debit or the card will get reissued as 4988 which is Debit.

She also explained the cashminder 3 strikes system and said that if I have a problem with a direct debit ring them up and they can cancel and then reinstate it later.

Im starting to get really impressed with Coop again, Ive moved my 4 direct debits over to them, just need to blag think for this month.

Will keep you posted when I hear back on Monday.

Stu J Byron
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 30 June 2009 : 18:52:03
Thanks Skippy - I was just curious there!

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 30 June 2009 : 18:45:32
No, they show on the day they go out, as do transfers between Co-op accounts

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

23 IPA payments made, 13 to go - on the home straight!
Niobe Posted - 30 June 2009 : 18:20:20
Do your DD's and SO's show up on the same day they go out, or is that delayed as well?

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 30 June 2009 : 08:54:04
The internet banking takes a couple of days to update, but I keep a note of everything I spend on a spreadsheet as I don't like not knowing where my money's gone!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Niobe Posted - 29 June 2009 : 22:35:45
That's one thing I like about Nationwide - the internet banking updates immediately.

Jan
xx
Sparkle83 Posted - 29 June 2009 : 22:30:52
Yep, internet banking takes ages to update, but I keep all my receipts and write down everything I've spent, and whats gone in, so I always know exactly what I have left. I think this is part and parcel of having a fresh start, I've become more money cautious

Weeks of BR

****5****10****15****20****25*
***30****35****40****45****50**
nicky35 Posted - 29 June 2009 : 22:10:09
Evening all, We too have noticed co-op takes a few days to update, but other than that we have nothing but praise for the bank, would recommend the co-op to anyone, they haven't made us feel awkward about our situation at all unlike the Halifax, whom have taken it upon themselves to treat us like something they've stepped in and wiped us off their shoe!! if my darn numbers came up on the lottery i'd never bank with Halifax again!! (yep ya got it not too keen on halifax) But had no problems with the cashminder account as of yet!! fingers crossed
mick1972a Posted - 29 June 2009 : 21:36:38
My internet banking takes a couple of days to update things that I have used my debit card for but the cashpoint is always update.

Mick
leakie Posted - 29 June 2009 : 21:07:17
Hi Stu
I must admit I have not tried the internet banking yet,
But on the other side have had no probs

all the best

leakie
sjbyron Posted - 29 June 2009 : 19:09:04
Hi

Does aanyones elses internet banking with coop take 5 to 7 days to update itself with card transactions.

And has anyone got their new dressed up visa electron/debit card - is it 4508

Stu J Byron
leakie Posted - 29 June 2009 : 17:24:33
Hi all
I am with the co-op at the moment, I have found them helpfull
As Angie, has said, they took us in when no-one else was prepared too.
I also have a joint account with my wife( only me went BR) with LloydsTSB.
I thought that it would be closed down, but they let us keep it open as long as we sent the cheque book back.
We did not have an Overdraft at the time and a small amount of credit.
I don't know if tthis will help anyone who are about to become BR or not.

All the best

Leakie
Angie Posted - 29 June 2009 : 16:35:46
I have nothing but Praise for the CO-OP Bank they took me in when no one else wanted to know and their staff are always so friendly too. I intend to stay with them always now.
sjbyron Posted - 22 June 2009 : 22:30:03
Thanks Jan and Skippy, its amazing how different people have different views of a bank, some praise Coop some dont, same with Thinkbanking.

At the moment I will stay with Thinkbanking but once discharged im going to try Lloyds.

Stu J Byron
Skippy Posted - 22 June 2009 : 22:12:05
Thanks for that Stu. I will still stick with the Co-op as I do like their ethical policy, and I can't help thinking that most places will soon accept all debit cards once systems are updated. I've used my Electron in a lot of places that don't say they accept it without any problems.

Niobe Posted - 22 June 2009 : 22:09:21
I have to say that most of the people on various forums who have posted about the Co-op bank have nothing but praise for them. I am seriously considering changing.

If you are really not happy with them, why don't you just stick to Thinkbanking which is clearly the best option for you.

Jan
xx

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page