Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Would I have heard by now?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xmas baby Posted - 30 June 2009 : 13:55:00
Hello all,

Someone mentioned that cases go to RTLU once the OR has finished with it and you are about to be discharged from BK. My case has gone to RTLU, but I am paying an IPA, so this is probably the reason. However, I declared bankruptcy in early March 2009 and I am 4 months into it. If it has gone to RTLU, does this mean I might have an early discharge and the OR has finished looking into my BK? The only stumbling block to prevent ED is that many of my debts were due to gambling, although I have not heard anything from the OR about receiving a BRU as yet. Would I have heard by now?

Thanks

xmas baby
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 14 July 2009 : 21:36:38
I'll keep everything crossed that you don't get one!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

24 IPA payments made, 12 to go - on the home straight!
BankruptC Posted - 14 July 2009 : 16:47:51
True!

Ah well, not tooooooooo long left now. I'll keep you all posted! :-)

C. x
Skippy Posted - 14 July 2009 : 16:33:02
Unfortunately it looks like another one of those BR things where there isn't a definitive answer which is no help to anyone worrying about them.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

BankruptC Posted - 14 July 2009 : 16:18:28
Hi again,

I mentioned in an earlier post that I would usually have felt the same as you xmas baby (ie not really bothered as it wouldn't affect me much), but there are circumstances which mean it actually would affect my future, in quite a huge way, if I were to get one.

It would have been good to have a definitive answer on this, not just me, but for others in future, but I'll try to stop fretting now-there's nothing I can do about it if I get one I guess, so I'll just keep watching the letterbox each day...teehee

Thanks again, :-)

C. x
Skippy Posted - 14 July 2009 : 12:03:30
Even if you get a BRU you will still be discharged from BR, but you will still be subject to the same restrictions.

xmas baby Posted - 14 July 2009 : 11:52:45
To be honest, I was initially concerned about getting a BRU, but to be honest, even if I got one (which I'm hoping I don't) it wouldn't really affect my life that much. Yes, it would prolong my discharge from bankruptcy, but either way, my credit rating and chance of getting credit is ruined for at least 6 years anyway, so even if I get a BRU for 5 years, it doesn't really make much difference.

If I hear, I hear, its not the end of the world. if I don't, then so much the better.

xmas baby
BankruptC Posted - 13 July 2009 : 18:47:22
OK, but people can hear about their BRU/O as late as when, in your opinion? So they have to put it to the Authorisation team within 9 months, and surely people should hear about it fairly soon after that to give them the option to accept or contest it before court and then discharge?

Hmmm...I don't think I'll rest easy on this one till discharge day-it's all too confusing! :-)

C. x
debtinfo Posted - 13 July 2009 : 18:19:23
Hi the bit about the 9 months is that the Official Receivers have an internal body (an auditer if you wish) that all BRO/U applications have to be authorised by called the Authorisation team. The innitial process should be started by 9 months in that the examiner must submit the application to them who either ask for ammendments or give the go ahead for contact with the bankrupt/court to go ahead.
BankruptC Posted - 13 July 2009 : 13:17:15
Thanks,

So do we think this is the definitive answer, basically?

In most cases you would have heard 6 weeks before AD, as if not, the OR would have to apply to suspend discharge, which would only happen in exceptional circumstances.

Odd that people talk of having to hear by 9 months in though. I've also hear people saying the OR has to have applied by 10 weeks prior to AD. Weird how these 'rumours' start and then get spread like chinese whispers! Hehe.

Anyway thanks again. Let's hope I don't hear in the next 2 and a half weeks as by then I'll be at the 6 weeks to AD stage!

C. x
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 09 July 2009 : 16:50:04
quote:
Originally posted by Skippy13

I was told that if I hadn't heard 6 weeks before my discharge date then it was highly unlikely that I would get a BRU.

That would make sense as the OR has to inform you of the court date 6 weeks in advance and you would need to have the BRU/O implemented before you are discharged.
Skippy Posted - 09 July 2009 : 16:45:43
I can't believe how quickly it's gone. I don't want to wish my life away but I'm looking forward to next June!

BankruptC Posted - 09 July 2009 : 16:37:30
Thanks hon,

You're well into your IPA now too-2/3 of the way through-how fab!

C. x
Skippy Posted - 09 July 2009 : 16:32:27
You're nearly there now, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't here anything x

BankruptC Posted - 09 July 2009 : 16:26:58
Thanks Skippy,

It seems it's one of those questions nobody's really sure of-I'd love to be able to sleep easy now. I know it's not usually much to worry about for most people, but our circumstances mean a BRU would have quite a big impact (negative of course!) on our lives, so here's hoping someone can put me out of my misery!

C. x
Skippy Posted - 09 July 2009 : 16:23:40
And if someone does have the answer to this question it would be great as I know it's something that worried me.

I was told that if I hadn't heard 6 weeks before my BR date then it was highly unlikely that I would get a BRU.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page