Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 credit report

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bill88 Posted - 17 July 2009 : 09:24:02
hi guys

ive been discharged from bankruptcy for 3 months now nearly 4 and i recently applied to see my credit report,
once i got it online theres nothing on my file that says i was made bankrupt!
it has all my old address and my bank account details on it but no mention of my bankruptcy and creditors?!!!

does any1 know why or wat ui need to do to update it>?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 18 July 2009 : 20:23:06
Aaah, someone who loves Tesco as much as I do!

A few months after I went BR they defaulted me, so I phoned to remind them I was BR. They demanded payment, and said they didn't know I was BR. When I told them I went BR in March 2007 they said their system said I went BR in June 2007!

They went on to demand payment and when I said I wasn't legally allowed to pay them they told me that they didn't recognise BR and I had to make a payment there and then!

I had fun and games with them when I had insurance with them as well - I had an accident on New Years Day and when I rang to report it I was told they couldn't do anything and to ring back the next day. When I phoned up they asked where the car was etc and I said it was outside my house. No-one came to assess the damage, so I kept phoning them back and each time they said they didn't know where the car was - you could hardly miss it, it was the one with the v-shaped bonnet!

When they eventually agreed it was a right off they lost my file, so it took them ages to get a check to me, as they had to lodge a complaint to look for the file!

I have given up trying to get them to amend my credit file, although I will have another go when I can find the motivation. I'll take great delight in reporting them to the ICO!

I'm sorry you've had so many problems with them, I had been led to believe that their insurance had improved, but obviously not! I recommended them to someone the other day - oops!

Oh and by the way, to top it all I used their petrol when they had the problems and had to have new exhaust sensors which cost me £500 as I had no receipt and no proof that I had used the petrol as I paid cash!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

24 IPA payments made, 12 to go - on the home straight!
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 18 July 2009 : 19:46:31
quote:
Originally posted by Skippy13
Tesco (They were one of my creditors but never updated my file and I haven't got around to chasing them. I'm not sure if this is the right address...):

The Data Controller
Tesco Personal Finance Limited
24 St. Andrew Square
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH2 1AF

Tesco are absolutely useless so good luck in getting them to update their records. I declared BR over 2 months ago and am still receiving letters from them chasing their money. I have forwarded them 2 copies of my BR certificate to no avail and the OR has said that they have contacted Tesco as well. I have also telephoned them and passed them my BR details but they still insist on sending me threatening letters, which I will be forwarding to the OR

I also had issues with them when changing my car insurance to another company. Despite ringing them up and advising I was moving insurance companies and providing them my new address they sent me letters for the next three months complaining they couldn't get their DD for the car insurance, advising me that driving without insurance is illegal and threatening to tell the DVLA that I was driving without insurance!

All of these letters went to my old address. The only way I actually got them to stop sending the letters was to threaten to use the Freedom of Information Act to obtain all of the data they held on me to prove to them that I had canceled the policy. I also threatened them with the Data Protection Act as they insisted on using my old address even though they had the new details. Rather unsurprisingly 10 days after sending them a letter with these threats I receive a very apologetic letter from them and they even sent it to my correct address.

I had my car insurance with them for 5 years and never made a claim but based on my experiences with them it must be a complete nightmare dealing with them if you do need to make a claim.

With a Tesco loan and CC included in my BR I have no doubt that they will refusing me loans/CC/insurance for a long time to come but they are one company that I am quite happy to never have to use again.
Skippy Posted - 18 July 2009 : 16:42:46
Egg Credit Card:

The Data Controller
Egg Banking Plc
Riverside Road
Pride Park
Derby
DE99 3GG

MBNA / Virgin (Specify that it's for a Virgin credit card):

The Data Controller
MBNA Europe Bank Ltd.
PO Box 1004
Chester Business Park
Chester
Cheshire
CH4 9WW

Natwest (Mine was for a loan but I think this is right):

The Data Controller
National Westminster Bank Plc
135 Bishopsgate
London
EC2M 3UR

Tesco (They were one of my creditors but never updated my file and I haven't got around to chasing them. I'm not sure if this is the right address...):

The Data Controller
Tesco Personal Finance Limited
24 St. Andrew Square
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH2 1AF

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

bill88 Posted - 18 July 2009 : 15:47:52
hi skippy

mine are:

Egg - C/C
Mbna- Virgin C/C
Natwest- Account
Tesco
Skippy Posted - 18 July 2009 : 13:41:43
Unfortunately once you're off the register there's nothing you can do. Some OR's will send you a letter, but it doesn't sound as though yours will, although it might be worth asking.

When you search on ICO website for the data controller all you need to do is enter the name of the creditor in the name field and search. It may bring up more than one address, but I then narrowed it down to the closest address to the one that I had correspondence from.

My creditors were:
Next
Littlewoods
NatWest
Barclaycard
Egg
Virgin MBNA

I also had to write to Max Recovery, so if any of those are your creditors let me know and I'll post the addresses for you.

bill88 Posted - 18 July 2009 : 13:33:33
hi skippy
i didnt know about the register thing until u mentioned it now, ive just had a look and i couldnt find myself on it.

theres no way or searching beyond 3 months?

does anyon know how much it will cost me to get a letter?

sorry to be a pain skippy but on the ico website wat does all the following mean :-s

Registration Number
Name
Address
Postcode
Organisation sub-division
Skippy Posted - 18 July 2009 : 13:19:58
Did you print off the page from the insolvency register showing that you are discharged? That was all I sent with my letters and it was accepted.

If you didn't you will unfortunately need to buy the certificate from the court as you won't be able to do it now as the entry only stays on there for 3 months.

Regarding the Data Controller, this is the person who you need to write to for each of your creditors. You can find the address using this link - http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/search.asp

Enter the name of your creditor and it should bring up the address. You should also be able to get the address by phoning customer services, but I didn't fancy speaking to my creditors and luckily found them online!

bill88 Posted - 18 July 2009 : 13:03:15
oh and another thing

i was discharged on april the 10th 09 but ive never recieved a letter confirming this. i was told by my O/R if i wanted one id have to pay the court to supply me with one,

would i need this to attach to the letters i send off asking my creditors to update my files, im not even sure how much the letter from the court would cost??
bill88 Posted - 18 July 2009 : 13:01:14
hi thanks
skippy for uploading the relevant info.

i dont understand though what the Data Control Officer
This Creditor
Data Controller Address

means??

im really not too sure how to go about this, i have applied for my reports from the 3 agencies yesturday and i understand the letter skippy loaded up for me, obviously i fill in the blanks, then send them off to all my creditors but i dont know what the above means?

can any1 help me with it please :-)
Niobe Posted - 17 July 2009 : 12:04:10
Check Skippy's blog out for the template letter.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Niobe Posted - 17 July 2009 : 12:02:25
You need to order your record from the three agencies that gettingoutofdebt mentioned. They are the most accurate.

I believe it will cost you £2 a time to get an up to date record of your credit details.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 17 July 2009 : 11:40:25
Read the following as this will tell you the process for cleaning up your credit file - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?s=72a43a639cdef46a0b02fc71af0ee028&t=677875
bill88 Posted - 17 July 2009 : 11:35:27
oh ok cool i didnt know that

is it hard to update?? do i need to cab or some1 to help me do it and how long and invloved is it?
Skippy Posted - 17 July 2009 : 11:28:52
That's not the most accurate report so it's best to use it as a guide. If you really want to write to your creditors you need to order the 3 main ones as not all of your creditors will report to all 3 agencies.

bill88 Posted - 17 July 2009 : 11:00:47
yes guys

it was from annualcredit report

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page