Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 if someone asks for proof of discharge / certifica

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 15:01:13
Hi

I have applied for a basic account with Halifax, they have wrote to me and said they would be happy to open the account when they see the certificate of discharge.

All I have is a letter from the OR and the print out fro the insolvency site, would that be enough?

Thanks

Stu J Byron
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:23:43
The more applications for bank accounts you make and are refused for, it is less likely that another bank will approve you.

Doesn't matter if your credit record is shot, it's the number of applications.

This is why some people have problems with credit card applications if they have made a fair few over a short space of time - they can be rejected, even if they have a good credit record.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:11:04
Thanks Skippy and Jan

Guess i am being impatient its just nice to no that I have got an account to use if I want to move away from Think.

RBS said they would phone by today and they havent so dont know what to do there and Halifax will take another week

If my credit record is shot anyway whats the problem with applications

Stu J Byron
Skippy Posted - 04 August 2009 : 21:52:35
If you went overdrawn through BT's error you can appeal to the Co-op and it won't count under the 3 strikes rule.

Personally I would wait and see what Halifax and RBS say before applying for anything else. You've already got an account with Think so it's not as if you have to rush.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

25 IPA payments made, 11 to go - on the home straight!
Niobe Posted - 04 August 2009 : 21:27:29
But, as I said before, and as Skippy has said, the more applications you make and are turned down for, the less likely you are to get an account.

Jan
xx
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 21:16:26
Hi Coop took my Direct Debit facilities away under the three strikes thing.

They did it because BT Over charged my card by £100 which I didnt have in my account but coop authorised it.

So far ive applied for Halifax who have asked for proof, RBS who has referred and Natwest who declined.

Im only going to Try Yorkshire and TSB Or HSBC then thats it

Stu J Byron
Skippy Posted - 04 August 2009 : 21:08:29
Why did the Co-op take your DD facility away?

If you are struggling to get an account you may be better off sticking with Think for a year or so and then trying again. The more searches that show on your credit file, the less chance you have of getting an account.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

25 IPA payments made, 11 to go - on the home straight!
Niobe Posted - 04 August 2009 : 20:54:13
I didn't say you had accounts everywhere, I just said that you seemed to be applying for a lot.

You do realise that all these applications and rejections will show up on your credit record?

Jan
xx
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 20:50:57
Coop took my ddi facility away
every other bank have said no, except Halifax and im going to yorkshire
so ive not got accounts everywhere

Stu J Byron
Niobe Posted - 04 August 2009 : 20:32:50
I can accept one or two banks, but you do seem to be going through the lot! I thought you had a Co-op account?

Jan
xx
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 20:31:47
Its the fee of £12.50 and thee fact that I dont hold my monies plus its worthwhile restarting a banking rrelationship with a bank once discharged

Stu J Byron
Niobe Posted - 04 August 2009 : 19:42:29
If you are happy with the account you have, why are you applying for other bank accounts, and such a lot of them as well?

I've just about got enough money to keep one going!

Jan
xx
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 19:07:51
I tried the RBS the other day too for a Key Account the lady I spoke to said she would try her best but she said on her honest opinion I would find it hard to get any account with any main street bank for the next 7 years.

I have heard good things about Yorkshire Bank too so may give them a try

Stu J Byron
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 19:06:23
Agree with you there Jan, and I would bank with them but they refuse to put the loan and card I had with them as settled and they still show up online banking so dont really trust them

Stu J Byron
Niobe Posted - 04 August 2009 : 18:58:15
I like Nationwide - never had a problem with them at all and their customer service and online banking is very good.

Jan
xx
sjbyron Posted - 04 August 2009 : 18:51:19
Hi Skippy

Im currently with Think, Coop have took Direct Debits off me as I had a bounced visa card payment which went through when their wasnt enough money in my account.

Lloyds have asked for a credit report from equifax and the letter of discharge ive just printed my equifaxx report so debts are still default but the majority are settled now and euifax them selves have me as discharged bankrupt so am going to try lloyds again tomorrow otherwise its Think.

Ive sent a print out from the insolvency website to the Halifax so lets see if they give me an account.

Stu J Byron

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page