Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I actually feel like suicide is an option

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
helen_w5 Posted - 03 August 2009 : 10:37:36
Please give me some advice on the depression side of bankruptcy. Basically after I filed I felt so relieved and enjoyed my week, but then the OR called to arrange the interview and although I've got nothing to hide - i've never gambled or anything like that, I think the call from him just made me see that this was a reality.

Well since that point - which was this Friday - I have pretty much fallen apart. I cant function. I feel like crying all the time. I look at people in the street and think to myself "i'm a loser compared to you"

Basically i'm on a downward spiral - I actually feel like suicide is an option - i dont think i can live with what ive done - i'm out of control. I cant sleep and i've not eaten for 4 days....

HELP.....
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hallway123 Posted - 05 August 2009 : 14:06:17
Working and child tax credits are included in income, child benefit is not.You have to have more than £99 disposable income left after paying your living costs befre you get ipa though.I get both and up to now haven't got ipa(been told I won't get one,but I won't believe it till I'm actually discharged)
sjbyron Posted - 05 August 2009 : 13:31:04
Hi Helen

Why dont you make a phone call without givinng your name to Inland Revenue and see what advice they could give
Or make an appointment with a CAB advisor and ask about your tax credits.

Alternatively you could wait til you speak to the OR

Best of Luck

Stu J Byron
Skippy Posted - 05 August 2009 : 12:30:51
I'm sorry, I don't get tax credits so I don't know whether they are included or not.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

25 IPA payments made, 11 to go - on the home straight!
helen_w5 Posted - 05 August 2009 : 12:21:34
Thanks skippy

Can you tell me what will happen to my working tax credits please - will they be classed as income and mean an IPA?
Skippy Posted - 05 August 2009 : 12:10:33
I agree with Frosie - I'm so much happier since I got over the initial shock of BR. I appreciate things so much more now, and my attitude is now if people have got nothing better to do with their time than talk about me then they need to get a life.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

25 IPA payments made, 11 to go - on the home straight!
helen_w5 Posted - 05 August 2009 : 11:24:29
Thanks so much to you all....

Niobe Posted - 05 August 2009 : 06:41:15
Let us know how it goes Helen.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
sjbyron Posted - 05 August 2009 : 00:53:06
Hi Helen

Glad to help

Good luck with the OR interview, make sure you inform him/her about the drop in income and also the outgoings you left out

Stu J Byron
frosie90 Posted - 04 August 2009 : 23:00:43
Hi Helen, you won't believe how happy I am. I truly believe in "New life". It was so hard though, and will now live my life very differently. I am finding it hard though in that no credit available. My advice to you is to decide to go for it. It is not a decision you have taken lightly so stand tall. Good luck.
Housing Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:39:34
My wife will be jealous at the "Smillies"...

Take things more slowly - think positive and not hegative.

A simple philospohy:

There are no problems, only solutions..." Think that way and we ALL will get to the other side where I am told, life is easier

Lost of hugs - get some sleep now - I am seeing my GP tomorrow to get some medication - I STILL need that crutch - but one day I will NOT, Love, from Richard
helen_w5 Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:34:59
I guess its meant to be this hard isnt it - thats what makes us change for the better. I know for sure that i would do everything in my power to never get back here again! Your little rented house sounds lovely - im glad you found ssomewher to rent easily
frosie90 Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:30:55
Hi Helen,
I am in Halesowen but if you can view my posts I was living near Birmingham airport. Both in Midlands but massive move for me. I went from owning house (well if you can call 33 year mortgage at the age of mid forties a viable proposition and indeed owning house) to renting a lovely small house where I am so happy. My new life. Still hard cos have high IPA but IU will try and ngegotiate. Look forward.
helen_w5 Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:19:27
sorry meant "how much i appreciate your time in replies"
helen_w5 Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:18:23
Stu - thanks for clarifying that. I guess i have some hope then. I looked at my payslip and it confirms that from september i will be earning less than 500 per month.

Thanks for your ongoing support - where would i be now if it wasnt for you all - frightening thought

Once again - EVERYONE - know how much I appreciate you time in replies
helen_w5 Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:14:24
housing - thank you! I know last time we spoke i was doing ok, and some of the time i am ok, but then if i think about the reality of it i begin to get this feeling of doom over me and i get chest pains, my heart races and i cant stop worrying. It does pass, but I still cant eat - today ive had one piece of chocolate and a few spoonfuls of cereals. I never knew what stress was until this week and I can honestly say that everything ive dealt with before and thought it was hard was so easy compared to what im feeling now....

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page