Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for february
 Court Date arranged

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Whatamess Posted - 30 September 2009 : 16:31:11
Hi all,

Thank you for your advice
I now have a date for my BR earing on the 12/10/09. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement but grasp some reassurance from reading how many others get through it all!
I suppose all my qestions are similar to those asked and answered here so just have to get on with it.
Do I take other papers for the OR when attending court or just wait to see what happens?
Can anyone just confirm for me that I am able to open a co-op account the week before my BR hearing. My date is the 12th and get paid on 15th therefore I really need to set up new account next week to allow salary to be paid into it on 15th after hearing? Will this be acceptable to the OR if I explain it to them?
Many thanks again to all on this forum, it is superb for helping others
Thanks
Matt
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
frosie90 Posted - 30 September 2009 : 19:50:21
No I did mine on line. It includes everything but make sure you do three copies cos I think Manchester similar to Birmingham. Don't sign the affadavit that is included, you have to do that at court in front of a desk clerk as witness when you swear the oath. Sounds daunting but I did it in front of a busy reception area. I also had to number all the pages of the SOA as the on line one did not include page numbers. Try not to worry about that though as it may have just been Birmingham being pedantic. But just so you know that you may have to number them but the on line ones may have changed now.
Whatamess Posted - 30 September 2009 : 18:59:11
Thanks again,
I have done forms online through the insolvency agency website which seems to include everything, is that my SOA as well or do I need to do something different for those?
Matt
frosie90 Posted - 30 September 2009 : 18:55:54
Hi Whatamess, good luck with court date. Most courts ask that you take three copies of your SOA and Debtors petition. I went BR in April at Birmingham and I found the court so busy with people all in the same position as me. Sure you will be fine.
Whatamess Posted - 30 September 2009 : 18:17:33
Many thanks for the quick reply. I'll try get the co-op account set up tomorrow.
Forms all done so guess just see how it goes...
Thanks again
Matt
Blackie Posted - 30 September 2009 : 17:35:57
I trust that all goes well on 12th October. Other than yourdebtor's petition, Statement of Affairs and court fees, you do not need anything else at court. Any additional documentation and paperwork will be requested by the OR.

I suggest that you open your account with the Coop as soon as possible so that you can tell the people at work to change the bank in order for your salary to be paid into it. I woud tell the bank that you are attending court to mke yourself bankrupt on 12th and wish to open Casminder account now.

John Blackadder
**Link removed**

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page