Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 RTLU?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mick1972a Posted - 17 October 2009 : 11:04:54
Hi when we went BR our OR was in Leeds, we recieved a letter about 4 weeks ago to say they were going to apply for early discharge and fill in another IE form.

I have been checking the register every day and today it says that we are with the RTLU North East instead of OR Leeds, can anyone tell me what this change means.

Thanks again

Mick
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xmas baby Posted - 29 October 2009 : 10:51:48
Hi all,

My BK was also passed to RTLU 6 months ago, so I assume the OR has finished with my case. However, I have not received anything telling me of a possible early discharge. My 12 months comes to term at the end of February 2010, so only 4 months to go anyway. I thought I might get a BRO, but have heard nothing so far, thats what I'm keeping my fingers crossed for, rather than ED.

xmas baby
Skippy Posted - 28 October 2009 : 19:38:18
No, I didn't have to fill out an IPOQ, so hopefully you'll get your ED soon x

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

28 IPA payments made, 8 to go - in single figures!
mick1972a Posted - 28 October 2009 : 19:06:15
Skippy before the OR passed your case to the RTLU did they ask you to fill in another IE form so they could apply for ED. This is whats happened to me so keeping my fingers crossed.

Mick
Skippy Posted - 28 October 2009 : 17:40:52
No one should bank on getting ED because their file has been passed to the RTLU. Mine was and I was still discharged after 12 months.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

28 IPA payments made, 8 to go - in single figures!
Mspraise1 Posted - 28 October 2009 : 17:31:25
Thanks debtin for the information. I am just waiting for them to tell me they are through we me now. I am hoping for the BI to be assigned back to me but have nothing further so far. Does this mean I could get an eary discharge? I hope so.

Thanks again.
mick1972a Posted - 18 October 2009 : 11:38:49
Thanks we dont have an IPA and our circs are less favorable towards an IPA then they were the first time we filled in our IE form.

Thanks

Mick
debtinfo Posted - 18 October 2009 : 11:19:12
Passing to RTLU means that it is more likely to get ED as ED happens when the investigation is complete not when all the assets have been sorted out (except where they are trying to get an IPA or After aquired assets)
mick1972a Posted - 18 October 2009 : 10:55:07
Thanks for the replys. Are we still likely to get ED as the OR sent us a IE form to fill in 4 weeks ago as he was going to apply for ED but it has now been passed to the RTLU.

Thanks

Mick
Skippy Posted - 17 October 2009 : 21:38:03
If you have an IPA your case can also be passed to the RTLU.

27 IPA payments made, 9 to go - in single figures!
debtinfo Posted - 17 October 2009 : 14:33:41
Hi Ms Praise, the RTLU are still part of the insolvency service just like the ORs Office, there is one per area which covers about 5 or so OR offices. They are actually usually in one of the OR's office and so just think about it as being passed to a different department in the same company. The RTLU deal with the administration of assets and not investigation, usually if you have been passed to the RTLU it means that the investigation is finished and there are only assets to be sorted out. In your case this will be because of the property and that means progress is being made with actually tranfering the BI back to you.
Mspraise1 Posted - 17 October 2009 : 14:24:27
I am in the same position as you Mick. I have received the same letter. The last thing the OR did in my case was get a survey of how much my house was worth. We have negative equity so there is no profit to be made there. However instead of coming back to me and confirming this they simply send me a letter saying my case is being moved to RTLU and that in future I should contact them if I have any questions.

I have questions. Who are these people and what do they do? What else could there possible be to investigate, the OR goes through your life with a fine teeth combe, whatever else could they be investigating. Does anyone know how long they take?

The ORs are very good at getting information from you but hopeless at giving you information.
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 17 October 2009 : 11:32:41
Once the OR has completed their investigation the case is handed over to the RTLU (Regional Trustee Liquidator Unit). They administer any assets and the transfer can sometimes (not always) mean that an ED is on the cards.

You should receive a letter from the OR in a few days (depending on the postal strike) from the OR advising that you case has been handed to the RTLU and that you should contact them in the future rather than the OR.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page