Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 car insurance withdrawn !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Richard P Posted - 31 October 2009 : 13:00:43
Dear all

here is a warning to all.

NORWICH UNION WILL CANCEL YOUR CAR INSURANCE BECAUSE YOU ARE BANKRUPT AND DO NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU..

PLease check with your insurance company before you drive your own car

I have been insured both home and two car insurance with norwich union / aviva for the past 6 years. (only one claim 4 yrs ago)

normally on renewal, i just let it tick over for following year and the monthly direct debit then pays for the insuarnce. none of the policies are over 500.

when my wife went BR we informed them of our situation and agreed to pay for the house ins. monthly in advance they happy to take the money.

My Wife went BR in July and since then i have continued to pay the monthly DD for all of the insurances.

The car insurance policy expired in Sept, i called NORWICH U to confirm renewal, no probs every thing as normal.

due to lots of other finance issues going on i did not notice that the payment for one of the cars had not come from my account. (not on this occasion due to lack of funds but they had not asked bank for money) I am not BR yet so it should not be a problem for me to pay monthly.

yesterday, i activated a police ANPR system and i was stopped as the police computer showed i did not have insurance..

potential penalty 6 penalty points on my licence, 200 fine no insuance and fee of 250 to recover the car because it had been seized !

(fortuantly as i was driving and was fully comp on my other car, I was able to show that the car was covered. My wife would not have had a leg to stand on and would have had all the penalties).

I have had a very high volume discussion with Norwich union, well the call office a million miles away. they have admitted resposibility and will write to the police.

The Clerk has informed me that Norwich Union / Aviva now consider Jayne a high risk and they had cancelled the policy on the car but as they had not written to me to confirm their management of information change they would take responsibility. They have a back log and are slowly going to write to all policy holders in similar situation but the clerk informed me they do not have to write to all policy holders as it is the drivers resposibility to ensure they are insured

I can stay with Norwich union but this years policy has now gone upto 505 which they want paid in advance.......

No prizes for guessing my response

i am aware that the COOP are BR friendly for bank accounts does any one have similar positive fro car insurance.

i do not know if the site hosts can put this warning on a key question as it effects most of us

My wife has just about coped with BR, losing the car and being heavily fined when she needs the car for work would i am sure have sent my wife over the top
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Richard P Posted - 08 December 2009 : 22:22:51
guys

I am sorry for bumping this up to top again, wont do it again

But i feel that car insurance and home insurance are very important areas that can be overlooked especially in such a stress full time.

For those considering BR or have already gone BR please be mindfull of the way that some insurance companies decide to treat bankrupts.

I have had my car insurance withdrawn without notice and household insurance premium quadrupled just because a named person on the policy went BR, (i Go BR next month but have already sorted all of the insurances to friendly companies check back on previous pages of this thread lots of helpfull hints)

regards Richard
Niobe Posted - 28 November 2009 : 12:33:22
They're not on Ebay yet - I've just looked!

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 28 November 2009 : 11:47:00
They were £20 each plus p & P!!!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

28 IPA payments made, 8 to go - in single figures!
Niobe Posted - 28 November 2009 : 11:08:10
Last of the big spenders!

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 28 November 2009 : 10:28:38
Well I was hoping to buy a couple...

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Niobe Posted - 28 November 2009 : 10:13:21
I'm sure they'll make a few more! Of course you can always watch for them coming up on Ebay - at an extortionate price of course!

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 28 November 2009 : 10:11:13
They have made around 5k Alexandr cuddly toys that are only being sold in Harrods. By the time I found out the pre-order list was closed - gutted!

chester2005 Posted - 27 November 2009 : 23:08:07
Simples .... eek
it has to be the best advert this year!!!

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
RevivaUK helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Skippy Posted - 27 November 2009 : 22:54:32
Nothing beats Alexandr in his 'soothing jacuzzi bath' for me!

Bubbles Sergei!

Niobe Posted - 27 November 2009 : 22:26:03
Getting a bit fed up of the Churchill ones now to be honest. I quite like the Direct Line ones.

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 27 November 2009 : 20:48:48
Don't get me started on that one either Jan!

The only adverts I like are Compare the Meerkat and Churchill.

Niobe Posted - 27 November 2009 : 17:17:16
I do find it so annoying that insurance companies think you won't pay just because you are BR and load the premiums or totally refuse you.

You're probably a much better bet than a lot of other people.

I quite agree about the adverts though Skippy - they annoy me intensely, almost as much as the Gocompare adverts which really, wind me up!

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 27 November 2009 : 14:23:44
I'm glad you got it sorted Richard. Unfortunately Co-op wouldn't quote (flood risk) so we stayed with Lloyds for our contents insurance. The only other company who would have covered us were More Than. Thankfully we don't have to bother about buildings insurance as we live in a maisonette and the freeholder sorts it out.

Personally I wouldn't go with Aviva (stupid name!) on principle after their stupid adverts!

Richard P Posted - 27 November 2009 : 13:14:58
NORWICH UNION SHOOT THEMSELVES IN FOOT AGAIN !
HOUSE INSURANCE RENEWAL TIME

I have five years NCB, do not live in a flood plain, probably one of the lowest crime areas in the country and can see the local police station.

Have / had 5 Norwich union accounts been with them years even with teh difficulty or BR kept my payments together.

My House hold insurance has gone up from £300 - £835. the only thing different from last year BR

I have contacted coop home insurance have a senisble quote of £250, thank you BYE BYE Norwich union
Richard P Posted - 25 November 2009 : 16:04:41
thanks all for posting jane who are you insured with

Regards Richard

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page