Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Can anyone REALLY tell me that this time next year

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackie Posted - 19 December 2009 : 09:53:45
Hiya All,
Well this time last yr we were going for it, then there was yet another contract heading our way for a year (actually lasted 3 mths) so we are back to the start. We are booked in for this Tues, got the money together. Really ill over it all, its a case of do or die . Life has been pants for 12 plus mths but now my date is getting closer I am feeling all the sicker. The thought of us possibly being in the papers and word getting back to my kids is killing me. Can anyone REALLY tell me that this time next yr will be different? I dont want to do more time than we have, the arguements, kids crying etc all for nothing. My hubby has posted a few times (Trogg).
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 22 December 2009 : 21:57:29

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Housing Posted - 22 December 2009 : 19:54:19
bless you Kallis - you are so kind... Richard xx

"There are no problems - only solutions..."
Niobe Posted - 22 December 2009 : 18:56:12
Excellent news Jackie, and please do take up Housing on his offer. His advice is brilliant.

Jan
xx
Housing Posted - 22 December 2009 : 18:55:04
Jackie,

Will be only too happy to try to assist you - in the meantime, have a wonderful Christmas and new year.

If there are "housing" issues, flag them up as soon as you can on the forum (NOT NOW!! ), but after the break - that way, I can help you to try to plan a strategy if necessary!

My best and warmest regards to you and yours - the first step has been taken! Richard x

Richard P Posted - 22 December 2009 : 18:06:36
Hi jackie & TROG

congratulations on your BR

you have done the hard work in planning and panicing

The day in court is the start of your future

well done again regards Richard
Jackie Posted - 22 December 2009 : 17:11:36

Housing and Mrsroller,
Thankyou. Housing, Im quite sure I will be asking you all the questions about housing in the weeks to come. I keep thinking to myself today was "to easy", probably toooooo paranoid lol xx
Mrsroller Posted - 22 December 2009 : 15:36:10
So glad it went well Jackie, knew it would be OK. I did it 3 months ago and it was the best thing I ever did. No more sleepless nights and now I actually have money to spare some weeks. Hope you have a happy Christmas and New Year XX
Housing Posted - 22 December 2009 : 13:06:28
Jackie,

There, we did say it was not too scary! The courts and the OR offices are very understanding. More so than ever before.

You will be able to rest now at night - it does get easier as each day goes by and you will be discharged in 2010 - by 22nd December at the latest - so Christmas 2010 will be even better than 2009!!

You cannot bank on any early discharge - if you do, it will be an added bonus - I have to say some of the ORs are settling quite high numbers as EDs - A friend of our third daughters was only 3/4 months. Depends on complexity amongst other things.

Anyway, you are en route to being debt and stress free.

The interview with the OR examiner I am sure will also be OK. You may not even have to see them - it could all be done on the telephone. Even if you do have a face to face interview, relax, be truthful and it will be fine

I wish you and yours a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year too.

I am not sure what you domestic/housing situation is - if you need any guidance or to run a question or two, post back and I (and others) will assist you I am sure,

Regards, Richard xx

Jackie Posted - 22 December 2009 : 12:51:21
Well thats us. Arrived @ 0945, spoke to the admin officer who then went to c the judge. She was back with in 10 mins with our br numbers. We didnt need to c a judge. She called the ors office and we spoke to them for approx 10mins. So far they have all been lovely, we have to wait for paperwork to come then an interview with or. She told us our names will not go in the local paper as it cost too much, so Im quite relieved about that. Maybe get a decent nights sleep now. Thanks again for all comments and hope you all have a lovely Xmas and Brill New Year xx
Housing Posted - 22 December 2009 : 08:22:51
Jackie

Good luck for today x

Housing Posted - 22 December 2009 : 08:21:55
Thanks Kallis x

We have a cold and icy outside - not venturing out today unless I need to.

Regards, Richard (AKA Billy!)

Jackie Posted - 21 December 2009 : 23:03:48
Again Thanks so much for comments.
Well we went down today to pay fees and go through paperwork. We went to county court only to be told we didnt have an appointment. I whispered to the bloke that possibly it would be put down as tom as we were only here to go through paper work and pay fees before going br tom. He looked down his list and told the other 2 in the waiting room "MR AND MRS XXXXXXXXX , NOW FOR BANKRUCY YOU NEED TO GO TO THE OTHER BUILDING". I could of died to say the least.....I told him why not announce it to everyone cos they didnt here you. He just gave us a look and told us where we had to go. We went round the corner and met a really nice lady, she went through our forms and we swore before her and handed ower fees. This was £510 each. She told us what to expect tom...., as usual, I fell to bits when she was going throught the implications of going br. But she REALLY was lovely. We have to be down @ court for 0945 tom. She also told me that this was the start of something new with no debt, I was to busy wipeing my nose on me sleeve. I will post tom and will just take a loo roll with me tom, to hell with makeup.
Niobe Posted - 21 December 2009 : 17:22:41
I know who Billy Graham is as well!

Jan
xx
Housing Posted - 21 December 2009 : 15:31:56
Thanks Skippy!! x

Skippy Posted - 21 December 2009 : 09:11:28
I know who Billy Graham is...

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

29 IPA payments made, 7 to go - in single figures!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page