Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I am applying for bankruptcy on the 22/01/10.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cpharo Posted - 12 January 2010 : 17:23:57
Hi, I am applying for bankruptcy on the 22/01/10. Please would anyone mind checking my I & E for me, it is for me and my daughter. Also please would you be able to tell me how much I will have to pay for an IPA as I will have about £145.00 left after all of my essential living costs.

INCOME £527.32 tax credits per month
£86.00 child benefit per month
£1108.00 Wages per month
TOTAL INCOME £1721.32 per month

MONTHLY OUTGOINS

£465.00 rent
£120.00 council tax
£12.12 tv liscence
£50 gas/electric
£260 food/cleaning products/toiletries
£72.00 travel
£20.00 water
£35 mobile phone
£386 child care costs
£60 clothes/ footwear/ school uniform for my daughter
£15.00 hair cuts
£40.00 school meals
£40.00 lunch at work

TOTAL EXPENDITURE £1575.12 per month.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
worriedwife Posted - 13 February 2010 : 12:06:18
ok hun thnxs will keep you posted on any updates thnxs for your time jayne

jayne
debtinfo Posted - 13 February 2010 : 11:35:54
who knows, it is a bit unusual, i presume they think that he hasnt already got copies
worriedwife Posted - 13 February 2010 : 11:29:06
Thanks hun , just wondered why they sent the other copy of his forms back to him to keep for his records . when he already had copies from when he filed . sorry didnt mean to sound thick . thnxs jayne

jayne
debtinfo Posted - 13 February 2010 : 11:16:24
The meeting is normal procedure if they think he has assets, they appoint a trustee, who you will negotiate with as to how much his share of the house is worth
worriedwife Posted - 13 February 2010 : 11:14:07
hi asked a q 2 days ago still no rely x thnxs jayne

jayne
worriedwife Posted - 11 February 2010 : 21:35:44
Sorry to post again but not sure if anyone saw my post from last night, was just wondering about my Q . sorry to ask again thnxs for you time

jayne

ps im amazed at how many people have read my posts !!!!!!

jayne
worriedwife Posted - 10 February 2010 : 22:24:19
Hi just a quick update since i last posted hubby got a letter last friday saying there will be a creditors meeting on the 3rd of march and he does not need to attend but to phone the OR office if he wants to attend . Today he recieved a letter stating Re: Your Affairs , thankyou for sending the requested form. Im returning copies of your bankruptcy order and the statement of yor affairs for you to keep for your records . yours faithfully !!!! case officer

Is this a normal procedure and what will happen next ?

Thanks

jayne
worriedwife Posted - 01 February 2010 : 21:22:46
thnxs hun i understand now , thanks for all your help , i will keep you posted when hubby sees the OR and hopefully we might see the light at the end of the tunnel . congrats on a brilliant site with great people who give there precious time .THANKYOU

Jayne

...”"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."

jayne
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 01 February 2010 : 06:55:44
During the running of the IPA your hubby will need to inform the OR of any changes in his income. Once he is discharged from BR, but still paying the IPA, any one-off payments (i.e. bonus, lottery win) are safe and do not need to be declared but if the overtime is a regular occurrence then it would be counted as regular income and would need to be declared.
worriedwife Posted - 31 January 2010 : 22:16:18
Hi was just not quite understanding what happens if my hubby gets an IPA which is more than likely , if he earns any overtime whilst IPA is running for 3yrs does he need to declare this and even if he gets discharged does he still need to declare any extra monies he earns . thanks

jayne
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 29 January 2010 : 06:42:51
Hi Amy,

You were right not to disclose your bank details as it is your husband that is BR and not you so the OR has no power over you. From what you have said you have a case to withhold the money so it is just a case of waiting to see what steps the OR will take next regarding the money.
worriedwife Posted - 28 January 2010 : 23:39:46
Hi , well my hubby had the call, think he was terrified it appeared to be just a clerk who basically went throught his forms asked questions on how he became in the position of filing for BR then went through the creditors list ect , was all procedure stuff obviously , at one point they asked where the monies from his equity was of which i released from our property he said in my wifes account , the reason being my wife is requesting exoneration due to me remortgage in 2007 which was introduced into my company ! they wanted my bank details but i refused as im not bankrupt or anything to do with it ! I was put on the phone and spoke to him advising him that my personal detail of my bank i did not wish to disclose and that any request for the money to be released i would do immeadiately as they wished but felt until my husbands BR was assesed properly and the reasons for exoneration were investigated within his case , the clerk went to speak to the OR and he said that was ok and if needs they will send me the appropriate details to transfer the money ! im worried now that i may have put a spanner in the works or weather i was right to withold this money but i genuinly have a very strong case for exoneration ! or do you think i should just realease the money ! They advised my husband that he would probable have to have a meeting because it is not a straight forward BR because it stems from an Insolvent ltd company , he said and also your wife will be able to attend as to air my views on the equity situation ! He thanked my husband for for a nice tidy in order box of documents and said most people just dump 2 carryer bags of papers on them !!!! said they will be in touch in 4-6 wks

jayne
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 28 January 2010 : 06:45:00
Good luck with the OR's Interview and let us know how you got on.
worriedwife Posted - 27 January 2010 : 22:37:11
The OR calling tomorrow 8:30am hubby bit anxious !

jayne
worriedwife Posted - 22 January 2010 : 21:50:05
also a solicitor will cost me money ! which i cant afford lol

jayne

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page