•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

 All Forums
 Forum Questions
 Help someone -

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
madness12 Posted - 02 January 2010 : 09:34:48
Help someone - We are nearly at the end of our bankruptcy with the benefical interest on the property being funded by my mother, she has received a letter from the solicitor we suggested she used telling her....She is purchasing the property and that she will need a mortgage or to ask our current provider if they will allow us to live at the property with the mortgage being transfered in to her name...This has scared the life out of her...Is this true, I thought she would buy the benefical interest and we would carry on as normal and at such time we were to sell the property she would benefit from a dividend.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
madness12 Posted - 07 June 2010 : 17:29:38
Hi, We have finally received confirmation from TLT to say the B/I has all gone through and the restrictions has been removed from the property. But the strange thing is we ahve both received a cheque for £360.00 each...does anyone know why and if this is correct??, nice surprise though if we are due this money :o)
Niobe Posted - 24 May 2010 : 12:53:03
According to the site I just checked on, it's still £60 plus £1 for any additional copies.

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Skippy Posted - 21 May 2010 : 22:22:08
Make sure you print off the extract from the Insolvency Service website as this is only available for 3 months from the date of discharge.

If you need an official certificate of discharge you will need to apply in writing to the court that made you BR, and the fee used to be £60, but it may have gone up now.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

34 IPA payments made, 2 to go - not long to go now!
Richard P Posted - 21 May 2010 : 18:14:19
Hi Madness

congratulations on ED

most of the creditors will accept the print off from the insolvency register

if you have to get a court extract i think it cost £40.

follow skippys blog for repairing credit file some gr8 info

regards Richard
madness12 Posted - 20 May 2010 : 19:40:50
Hi, My husband and I received yesterday the 18th May our early discharge, what fantastic news, the house is well under way have signed and sent back the deeds, so we are nearly at the end of our journey. Does anyone know if you wanted a copy of the certificate of discharge what the cost would be and do we have to apply to the court direct? Also how do we go about having our credit rating put back to zero?, who to we apply to and what is the cost? :o)
Housing Posted - 19 April 2010 : 14:11:35

From my experience the process takes a couple of months for TFT (the ORs solicitor) to complete the Deed of Assignment. They are busy.

As to selling the property - after you are discharged

Good luck, Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions"
madness12 Posted - 19 April 2010 : 12:32:29
Hi, We are now on the road to purchasing the B/I, cheque sent to the O/R and you guys were correct we did not need a solicitor but needed Birmingham to tell us that!!.Does anyone know once all completed is there any time frame before we can sell the house??

S Thomas
Skippy Posted - 03 March 2010 : 08:56:55
If things have gone up (as we all know that they have!) you need to put the new figures on your I & E otherwise the OR may think that you have more DI than you actually have.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

32 IPA payments made, 4 to go - the end is in sight!
Richard P Posted - 02 March 2010 : 21:36:30
yes fine just fill in what you spend

madness12 Posted - 01 March 2010 : 20:53:11
Thanks for the information Richard, but can I use the original figures? some things have changed ie..Insurance has gone up and so has fuel but other than that nothing has changed.

S Thomas
Richard P Posted - 01 March 2010 : 17:34:48
yes you must reply to them and complete the form

they are just checking that your situation has not changed

ed will still be about 8 -12 weeks away (paperwork is slow through court)

regards Richard
madness12 Posted - 01 March 2010 : 17:14:56
Hi, Today my husband and I have received a letter from the O/R with the chance we would be dicharged early, but we have a questionnaire to complete regarding our expenditure which hasn't changed since we went B/R, do we complete the form as before figure wise only both mine and my husband's were identical as we only have the 1 bank account and we mirror imaged the costs...Mortgage, gas, elec...etc

S Thomas
Housing Posted - 18 February 2010 : 18:00:46

Just to add to what has already been said about the BI - it is not something you need a solicitor for. It is a 2 page deed with three signatures on it! The ORs solicitor (TFT in Bristol) will do all that is legally necessary and to use a high street solicitor for this would be folly!

Good luck


"There are no problems - only solutions"
chester2005 Posted - 18 February 2010 : 17:49:35
RTLU regularly handles the matter of assets or IPA
it is quite normal


Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurhman)
RevivaUK and Paul Johns helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
madness12 Posted - 18 February 2010 : 16:39:16
Hi Again - We have today received a letter from the O/R stating our case file(s) will be passed over to the RTLU, is this normal and does this mean there is light at the end of the tunnel? :o)

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06