Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 virgin media contract after bankruptcy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
debtrider Posted - 12 April 2010 : 12:28:38
I was discharged from bankruptcy in August last and was wondering how I would get on in trying to get my tv/broadband/phone with Virgin Media.
Virgin Media offer various packages and this particular package would make it cheaper for me.

As anyone tried to get this sort of package after bankruptcy.

debtrider

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 14 April 2010 : 12:40:30
We've talked about switching to Freesat but can't at the moment as they don't have the sports channels, which is about all we watch. If they become available on Freesat we may well change.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

33 IPA payments made, 3 to go - the end is in sight!
shelleyandrew76 Posted - 14 April 2010 : 10:39:37
We were with Sky and changed to Freesat a couple of months ago. Its so nice now not having to pay any subscription charges every month.

Skippy Posted - 14 April 2010 : 08:54:24
If you are going with Virgin Media make sure you can have the full service in your area as not all areas are digital.

When we moved a couple of years ago I looked into getting Virgin and the person I spoke to was all ready to book the installation until I asked him were we definitely in a digital area. He said yes, so I asked him if he was sure as I used to work for them when they were Telewest and all of a sudden he had to go and speak to his manager. He then said that sorry, I couldn't have digital, but I could have their phone line and analogue service!

I was appalled that they were quite happy to install something that was obviously not what I wanted and we went with Sky for TV, phone and broadband and they are excellent.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

33 IPA payments made, 3 to go - the end is in sight!
xmas baby Posted - 13 April 2010 : 13:12:36
Hi Debtrider,

I have been with Virgin Media throughout my bankruptcy, although I did start it before I declared bankruptcy, so I am not sure what the position would have been if I had subscribed during my period of bankruptcy. I did think they might contact me once I became bankrupt, but I never heard anything and just continued to pay my monthly direct debits as usual. I am now discharged from BK. I don't know if I would encounter difficulties if I changed my cable provider now, but as things stand at the moment, I am happy to continue with Virgin. I would imagine they would not be too harsh as long as you pay your bills on time. If you don't keep up the monthly payments, then I imagine they would act pretty swiftly and cancel the contract.

Good luck

xmas baby
Richard P Posted - 12 April 2010 : 13:44:51
Hi Debt rider

phone companies and the TV companies are the best ones to start getting your credit back

you may have to pay a couple of months up front but the only way to find out is by asking them

perhaps even being upfront, I am a discharged BR before you do a credit check on me will this stop me obtaining your service

I did the ring around before I went BR but informed them that i was likely to go BR within the next few months Talk Talk were most helpful for phone and internet

good luck and let us all know how you get on

regards Richard

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page