Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 thinking of bankrupcy on state benfits

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dougy Posted - 29 March 2008 : 02:47:06
hi partner owes £17,000 was in a D.M.P 2005 till 2007 still owes £1700 ballance never came down ..couldnt aford dmp any more we are on virouse state benfits joint morgage of £48000 and owe £46000 on it...
if she go bankrupt can i buy her share of O.R can i buy her share back for £1 yes or no ...sure its negative equilty in the house benfits are disabilty allowance ,incapacty, child tax,family allowance ,cares allowance our income left over is zero on income and out goings we are minuss £180
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JulianDonnelly Posted - 19 June 2008 : 09:26:27
Hi Dougy,

I'm afraid that's correct.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
dougy Posted - 18 June 2008 : 11:11:25
by takeing payments as there xpenceces
JulianDonnelly Posted - 17 June 2008 : 09:53:09
Hi Dougy,

As Melanie says, you will probably find they are acting within their terms.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
melanie_giles Posted - 16 June 2008 : 22:44:30
I am sure that you will find that they are acting correctly in accordance with the terms of the contract you entered into.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
dougy Posted - 16 June 2008 : 21:41:51
oft say its unfair contract terms to mislead to mis lead some in to thinking there paying debts of and infact the DCA ARE TAKEING YOUR PAYMENTS FOR THERE COLLECTION EXPENCES AS AS
JulianDonnelly Posted - 16 June 2008 : 12:34:22
Hi Dougy,

There is no legal requirement to freeze interest when making reduced payments, so that would explain why your balance has not reduced at all.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
dougy Posted - 15 June 2008 : 23:23:26
advice needed... credit card capital 1 passed acount to fredrickson internationl ltd to collect debt was paying debt since oct 2005 ballance still the same £1096 as 2005 fredrickson took over in sep 2007 they was getting token payments as both companys are putting pressure on me to pay more than i can aford .... i have sent both companys income&expedture and stated on state benfits but that dont bother them .i sent fredrickson a C.C.A request they have gone over the 12 days so they comit a crimnal offence ..only reply i got was of there solicter carter &co state there puting me in court in 7 days they have breach OFT GUILD LINES ON COLLECTING DEBT AND ALL PAYMENTS I HAVE SENT THEM IS NOT COMEING OF THE DEBT AT ALL
melanie_giles Posted - 25 May 2008 : 10:12:22
I am afraid that this type of procedure is yeat to be introduced Dougy - but we are hoping it may be over the next six months. And they will only be available for people with debts less than £15,000, so your wife will not qualify in any case.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
dougy Posted - 25 May 2008 : 01:47:16
could she apply for a D.R.O
melanie_giles Posted - 19 May 2008 : 23:50:38
Probably not - especially as it is currently in negative equity.

dougy Posted - 19 May 2008 : 23:03:06
hi partners names on deeds ...but i pay mortgage if she went bankrupt...would it still afect the house im paying for
dougy Posted - 03 May 2008 : 22:16:03
negative equalty bought house for £30,000 council valued £46000 mortgage £48000 house values are dropping a true value would not be much more than the council did debts wifes hers are about £17,000
melanie_giles Posted - 06 April 2008 : 02:17:49
If she did that for less than the real value of the property, the Official Receiver woudl be able to revert the transaction so no real point to bd frank - and this would probably leave her with a bankruptcy restriction agreement or order as well.

dougy Posted - 06 April 2008 : 01:57:07
hi could she sign her share of house over to me and then she go bankrupt
pix1 Posted - 31 March 2008 : 14:30:27
That fee rise could be enough to bankrupt someone!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page