Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 demented.........where do i stand

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ONK Posted - 04 June 2010 : 19:58:32
as per earlier post tax credit have informed me i have a overpayment to repay from 09/10 of judt over £500. They said they had suspended reduction of award to repay it at present as they had been informed of my BR (i was BR nov).

Letter today stating they are recovering from me £5 a week (couldnt tell me why - said they will look into it as they can see BR)

But to my horror i was informed there is another overpayment of £750 from 07/08 which i need to make an arrangement to repay.

where do i stand with this , 07/08 which i was not aware of until today is prior BR so can they recover this from me ?

what about the more recent 09/10 overpayment , can they recover this one ?

Im only getting income support at the moment.

Just when i thought everything was sorted..............

Lyndsey
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ONK Posted - 07 June 2010 : 20:00:43
Thanks for reply , i have been intouch with my expert and await his reply. Informatio I have tried to source online myself is very contradictory in its content. Even that from HMRC info.

I shall let all know how I get on as it may advise others in the future.

Kindest Regards
debtinfo Posted - 04 June 2010 : 20:28:51
Ok the first one def wont be included in the bankruptcy, they can reduce payments to you during the bankruptcy but should not be allowed to do any other type of recovery until after dischrge.

The second one. You need to find out why they have not asked for it back before
ONK Posted - 04 June 2010 : 20:24:11
my bankruptcy was Nov 09, the overpayment is for the financial year of 09/10 , they calculated the overpayment as a result of my annual declaration which i was sent in April this year , hence i was informed just recently about the last year overpayment.

They other overpayment which i was unaware of until today was from 07/08 but just found out about it an hour ago! i havent had any letters and it has never been on the overpayment section on any of my award notices (i have kept all of them)
debtinfo Posted - 04 June 2010 : 20:19:37
important question, when was your bankruptcy date and when did they FIRST inform you of the overpayments, if they were FIRST requeste for repayment after the bankruptcy date then they will not be included in the bankruptcy

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page