Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 will my credit rating instantly improve ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bubblyblonde Posted - 18 June 2008 : 12:23:48
Hi first time posting a message so please be kind . Ihave been discharged from bankruptcy for 6 years in jan. currently on my crf there shows 6 defaults ( all satisfied ) and 4 accounts that are active and run perfectly. My question is this in Jan when all record of defaults and bankruptcy are removed from my file showing only 4 good active accounts and 3 inactive but perfectly run accounts will my credit rating instantly improve ?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JulianDonnelly Posted - 19 June 2008 : 15:01:44
Hi bubblyblonde,

Glad we could help!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
bubblyblonde Posted - 19 June 2008 : 14:58:47
Hi Al hope that helps you and I haven't confused you too much !!! lol
Thanks for the help Julian Its good to know I'm doing something right to help my situation at long last !! its been a rollercoaster of a ride over past 7 or 8 years but I can see the end now and it sure feels good !!!
JulianDonnelly Posted - 19 June 2008 : 14:49:55
Hi Bubblyblonde,

Indeed, since the credit crunch last August, lenders are looking a lot deeper into credit histories and taking account of how rent, utilities and mobile bills are paid. Therefore, your actions will have had a positive impact on your credit rating. Don't be too concerned at the moment as the banks aren't even lending to each other at the moment, let alone the general public.

I've also got a cashplus card and have found it really useful. There are a lot of different companies out there who all seem to be much of a muchness (if you know what I mean).

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Al_ Posted - 19 June 2008 : 14:44:56
Thank you for your advice.

Al.
bubblyblonde Posted - 19 June 2008 : 14:40:06
Thanks Julian for your advice,reference my credit rating improving , I do have 4 acounts on my file which are active and always paid on time through direct debit including a mobile phone contract, and also recent well run accounts which have been active within last year to 2 years will these settled accounts have a positive effect on my credit rating if they show on time payments and settled in full ?? n answer to the person asking about creditbuilder pre paid cards ..they are with a company called cashplus they have a web site...you can open an account with them without a credit check , once you have this account you can upgrade to creditbuilder.This means that you pay a monthly fee of £4.95 ( this is basically paying back a 'loan' of sorts what they have done is said that there is a £59 account fee and what you are doing is paying it monthly but it shows on your credit file at end of the 12 months as a laon repayment as they stick the £59 on the account on paper if that makes sense ???? all I do with mine is make sure through a standing order that there is £20 on the account at all times to cover the monthly fee being taken out.hope that helps I'm rubbish at explaining !!!
JulianDonnelly Posted - 19 June 2008 : 13:17:19
Hi Al,

Money ssupermarket should have the main details. I don't have a list to hand, but if anyone else has a list, your input would be greatly appreciated.

With regard the six year rule, early discharge won't really have much effect here. The primary benefit of an early discharge is that you are no longer subject to the restrictions of bankruptcy (unless you has a BRO/BRU). In addition, your debts are not officially written off until your discharge.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Al_ Posted - 19 June 2008 : 12:42:27
Julian and all,

Please can you provide me with as much information in relation to creditbuilder cards, their names, etc. and general ways in which to build / enhance my credit history and file.

Also, early discharges....is the only benefit to this the fact the the 'six year rule' is achieved quicker?

Al.
JulianDonnelly Posted - 19 June 2008 : 10:50:13
Hi Bubblyblonde,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

After six years, everything comes off your credit file .Your assumption that your credit rating will improve is correct, but having no credit can be as harmful to your rating as bad credit. Again, with the creditbuilder cards etc, that's an excellent way to build your rating back up again. Be patient, it will happen!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
bubblyblonde Posted - 18 June 2008 : 18:32:14
What time do the experts usually come on line , haven't had any answers to my origional message yet xx
bubblyblonde Posted - 18 June 2008 : 18:29:14
your 6 years will be up in no time honest and your stress related gray hairs will disappear too i promise xx
m and v Posted - 18 June 2008 : 18:26:05
....and a bit of colour on my stress related grey hairs!!

Vicki x
bubblyblonde Posted - 18 June 2008 : 18:20:05
WELL WITH NO MONEY WORRIES WE'LL HAVE NO AGE LINES TO GIVE OUR AGES AWAY !! LOL
m and v Posted - 18 June 2008 : 18:14:34
Think I might give 40 a miss and start again at 25! lol

Vicki x
bubblyblonde Posted - 18 June 2008 : 18:00:55
well i'VE JUST HIT 41 AND LIFE FOR ME STARTS AGAIN ON JAN 1ST !!! LOL
m and v Posted - 18 June 2008 : 17:57:14
I hit the big 40 this year...it scares the wotsits out of me!

Vicki x

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page