Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 been declared bankrupt by creditor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Helena.da Posted - 11 November 2010 : 20:01:31
hi, ive been made bankrupt by a creditor iowned clothes shop and never missed paying for my stock of him, then everything went wrong my partner and i split up after 10 years he was taking me to court for the house to be sold as i couldnt afford mortgage on my own and was falling into arrears, a family friend said they would buy the house and i could rent it back my partner wanted 30,000 or he wouldnt sell to family friend so we over valued the house so partner could get this amount in mean time buisness was getting bad and i had close shop i contacted supplier to come lift stock that i had recived week earlier and he said no that it would be old stock now? next thing he sending me letters demanding payment and also got police from where he lives to ring me? i was dealing with lossing my partner selling my house and closing my wee shop didnt want to deal with this aswell so i ignored the letters it was for£2000 next thing he has me bankrupt! i told the reciever all this and that house was over valued so that friend could get higher mortgage but the price that was paid to us was what the house was worth he agreed that they had done there own drive by valuation and it was the same. every thing was fine then i got called again for interview this it was different OR? he made me feel very uncomfortable and was putting words in my mouth, he asked why we and family memeber had signed mortgage accounts to say house had been sold for more money and were was shortfall? i told the same as the other OR that the money never ever exsisted as the valuation was higher than the house got letter to say that there sueing friend for the money shortfall! they want 40,000 i only owe creditor £2000? this has caused a whole family mess i didnt want anyone to get into bother, the house was sold over year before i was even bankrupt? friend dosent have this type of money what will happen? i now have job and want to pay the debt but they wont let me this is so unfare im really stressed out cant eat sleep and am tralwing internet for help or if there anything i can do someone please help the house is in negitive equity.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Helena.da Posted - 14 November 2010 : 20:54:41
na, sure when house was sold i didnt even know was gonna be bankrupt. hope your right. im realy thankful of all the time and comments that each person has taken to reply to my posts it helps alot when you can talk sometimes instead of just worrying

RHB Posted - 14 November 2010 : 18:29:10
I'd stop worrying then. If the money went to him then that's that. The way you put it tho, sounded like a bit of a scam to get 30,000 away from the bankruptcy estate & stay in your house.
Helena.da Posted - 14 November 2010 : 17:12:47
yes and letter that came from his solicitor to say he wouldnt sell to friend if he wasnt getting 30,000 i have given the mortgage statment to the OR which shows how much was payed to the original lender and what ex got. maybe they think that i did get the 30,000 short fall and think that if they sue friend cause i said i didnt get it that he would say that he did give it? but he hadnt and he told them this and they have looked at all my finances and i dont have it either, havent even savings im living on what get each week work but ex driving round big car getting married start next year an set him self up lorry business. more i think about the last few years before we broke up looks like ive been taken for kug it just all things that he done before breakup starting to look like he was conning me. long story

RHB Posted - 14 November 2010 : 16:49:08
Have you the documentation that shows this money went to your ex?
RHB Posted - 14 November 2010 : 16:39:06
Now I understand.
Helena.da Posted - 14 November 2010 : 14:57:40
house wasnt in negative equity at the time ex was paid it is now however with house prices dropping if i could have been able to afford to pay my mortgage then i wouldn be in this situation as my mortgage is just same as rent imm paying now anyway? then y would they have discharged me if they thought that?

Helena.da Posted - 14 November 2010 : 14:53:52
quote:
Originally posted by RHB

Possibly if they think you are somehow fiddling te systam. One thing I don;t understand is why you paid your ex as much as 30,000 to get him off the deeds if the house was in negative equity supposedly?

RHB Posted - 14 November 2010 : 07:53:23
Possibly if they think you are somehow fiddling te systam. One thing I don;t understand is why you paid your ex as much as 30,000 to get him off the deeds if the house was in negative equity supposedly?
Helena.da Posted - 13 November 2010 : 23:23:21
my sisters partner why do you think this makes a difference?

RHB Posted - 13 November 2010 : 22:20:26
Can I just ask, the person who bought your house & paid your ex, how are they connected to you?
Helena.da Posted - 13 November 2010 : 21:26:37
about the other OR the first 1 that interviewed me was very understanding and sais not to worry that it was just case of ex being awkward and that there valuation was more relalstic like the one i had he said it would be straight forward as it was ovbious that i didnt have anymoney in bank and the depoist wasnever to be exchanged agreeded by all partys.. so i was happy with what he was saying, then next interview when got there guy came in and said his name and that the other guy that was dealing with the case had moved departments and that he was now dealing with his cases and yes he was an OR he said that he needed me to go over statement with him again for him to understand the situation so he grilled me on answers that i had given first OR while looking at me like yeah rite felt really uncomfortable i was declared bankrupt in may 2009 1st interview was 2 weeks after that 2nd interview was june 2010? when i was there i asked if i had tel employer was bankrupt/ he looked at notes said no that my year was up may? and that i could do my own thing?

Helena.da Posted - 13 November 2010 : 21:08:52
no the mortgage owned on the house was 120,000 ex wanted 30,000 this this brought the total to 150,000 the value of the house at the time, so friend would have needed to get 100% mortgage,so told ex that friend couldnt get 100% mortgage he said he had house valued an it was worth 180,000 when i told him that the mortgage company told friend omly worth 160,000 and that the bathroom after renavation s was incomplete and that it would be less if this wasnt finished before it was to be sold! ex sent letter from his solicitor which i still have to say that he would only agree to the sale to family friend if he recieved 30,000 he knew that i was desperate to stay in the house and said if he wasnt getting that amount then a stranger would be buying it and i would have find somewhere else to live so thats y it was over valued by his side not mine i put my heart an soul in the house and wanted to stay what ever way i could first wee home an all that. stupid i know but i just couldnt let go, so friend got mortgage on the 180,000 value he took out 150,000 so this left 30,000 short fall that he and i said he had paid me as deposit to the solicitor but this money never exsisted this is the sum the OR is looking for. we both signed that he pay this as deposit OR said because he signed that this was a so called deposit that he will have to pay it i explained to OR the way it was and this money wasnt ever to be paid he said signed legal document and that stands i owe 2000 they want 30,000 plus interest i asked why so much he said dont worry youl get the left over amount!!! but i dont want friend to get sued for the money in first place as i dont want money? y cant me or friend just pay what is owed and fees instead of wrecking his credit and life for that matter dont understand?

RHB Posted - 13 November 2010 : 09:30:56
If you can prive by documents that this sum of money was given to your ex in return for him coming off the title deeds there is very little that can be done against your friend so don't worry.
Bigal4787 Posted - 13 November 2010 : 09:19:09
The nominal equity I mentioned, is the £30k added to the real value of the house, in order for your friend to raise the money. On your friends(and possibly yours) part it would appear to be mortgage fraud, for obtaining the money in the first place. If this other OR is after the money, they should be going after your ex partner to recover it, especially if you may have been put under pressure to do it by your ex.

I still don't understand who this other OR is? I can understand you being called in for another interview for further investigation, for the purpose of building a case against you to obtain a bankruptcy restriction order, one thing they wouldn't be doing is seeking to get the money back from you, as you don't appear to have it, which is why this other OR appears to be an IP.

Big Al
Helena.da Posted - 13 November 2010 : 00:40:05
yes we have some documents but there only interested in the shortfall that never exsited in the first place so it likely that my friend will prob be made bankrupt because of me if wasnt for my wee man (1yr old) i dont know what id do as so far my family are blaming me and arnt speaking to me so im on my own on this one telln truth has not been best in this sisuation i think

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page