Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Receiving many requests for copy of BR notice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sarah.12 Posted - 21 January 2011 : 17:14:53
Hi all
I haven't posted here for a while but still read in the hope that my questions will be answered..
I was declared BR on 10th Dec, I am now receiving a lot of mail requesting I send them a copy of my notice of BR. Am I obliged to do this? I thought that confirmation could be sought from the insolvency register and from the letter they would receive from the OR?
Surely photocopying costs, stamps, envelopes etc is just a cost that I really could do without paying as I don't have an IPA which means I have no disposable income.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sarah.12 Posted - 01 February 2011 : 01:00:02
Hahaha, shred away glafy!!! I just wish I had a hamster so I could put the shredded nasty letters in the cage and let the hamster do it's business all over them! Ha, that's my evil streak coming out! hehe

Sarah
glafy Posted - 31 January 2011 : 22:36:45
Ooh Sarah I like the idea of shredding as therapy. You should post that one on the 'Coping strategies' Forum!!!
Guess what I am going to do in the morning????
Shredder watch out!
Sarah.12 Posted - 31 January 2011 : 20:55:49
Thanks all for your replies, I've decided just to shred the letters as I am doing with most of my mounting post from previous months :)

Sarah
Niobe Posted - 22 January 2011 : 10:03:31
I like that Carl!

Personally speaking, once it's all been sorted I wouldn't worry about the calls and letters. There is absolutely nothing they can do to you.

It's just wasting their time, money and phone bill!

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Richard P Posted - 21 January 2011 : 18:07:01
Hi sarah

Yes the OR will write to your creditors but that may take upto 6 weeks.

Their is no obligation for you to contact the creditors but they will continue to phone or write until they have the paperwork or confirmation that the order was made.

you can refer them to the insolvency web site, they can check for themselves.

as part of my bankruptcy the company that looked after me did contact all of my creditors and sent out copies of the court notice the same day i went to court.

Richard
carl Posted - 21 January 2011 : 17:56:10
Sarah

I viewed sending a copy of my Bankruptcy notice to all of my creditors as 'therepy'!! I sent all mine recorded delivery with a brief note asking them not to contact me anymore and all future questions must go direct to the OR.

Only one creditor kept on phoning me after they had received my BR notice and they even said they wanted to visit me to discuss my recent BR. Again as part of my 'therepy' I wouldn't answer there security questions on the telephone when they rang mean and I even telephoned the gentleman who was suppose to be visiting me and asked him if he took sugar in his cup of tea!! - needless to say he never came for his drink!!

I know this probably isn't wise in all cases but I had such a bad time before my BR it was a relif to get my life back in some form of order.

Good luck with everything

Carl
Sarah.12 Posted - 21 January 2011 : 17:36:34
Thanks gettingoutofdebt, that's helpful, I thought it was a compulsory thing that I had to provide them with this.. Looks like i'm just gonna have to run up a huge phone bill calling all the different companies to give them the OR details

Sarah
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 21 January 2011 : 17:30:43
The OR will contact your creditors however this can take up to 10 weeks after your BR.

You aren't under any obligation to provide a copy of the BR certificate to your creditors. Just give them the OR's contact details and BR reference over the phone and tell them to contact the OR for the certificate.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page