Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Will the OR just turn up ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Corrina Posted - 08 February 2011 : 22:38:48
hi i have been to court today and had a bancryptcy order put on me what happens nowwhen i asked the judge about the official reciever how and when he said he didnt really know will they just turn up ?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
glafy Posted - 11 February 2011 : 15:52:22
Hi Corrina.
Don't worry about asking questions, that is what the forum is for.

I agree with Tracey, it may be worth you speaking to one of the experts on here. That would probably be a big help to you.

There is a experts link on the left of the page.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Skippy Posted - 11 February 2011 : 12:35:15
If, during his enquiries the OR decides that a person has been dishonest either before or during the bankruptcy, or that they are to blame for their financial position they may decide a BRU / BRO is appropriate. Both last 2-15 years, but a BRU does not have to go before the court, whereas a BRO does.

I would recommend you contact any of the experts who post on here as they will be able to advise you and hopefully put your mind at rest.

There is also a lot of good information on the Insolvency Service website - www.insolvency.gov.uk.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Corrina Posted - 11 February 2011 : 12:11:17
for what reasons would this be offered to the bankrupt person and what is different about it am sorry i sound thick but i am in the unknown here and appreciate any help i can get thanks

Skippy Posted - 11 February 2011 : 12:01:30
A BRU is a Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking. This is offered to the bankrupt by the OR.

A BRO is a Bankruptcy Restriction Order - if the bankrupt won't agree to the BRU the OR can apply to the courts for them to enforce a BRO. This is often longer than the BRU.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Corrina Posted - 11 February 2011 : 11:12:23
i have seen a post on here for the different wordings bro and bru cant seem to find it now i wanted to know exactly what these two mean thanks

Corrina Posted - 11 February 2011 : 10:02:07
no glafy i did join a debt company who told me they could stop this going to court for a bancruptcy they took my money £150 then phoned me and said the solicitor for the debt company was not prepared to listen or take what they were offering a month and therefore i went to court i feel that they took my money and didnt actually know whether they could help me but just told me they could the solicitor i went to see yesterday which was just an informal chat told me i was within my rights to ask for my money back

glafy Posted - 11 February 2011 : 09:38:41
quote:
Originally posted by Corrina

i havent listed anything i didnt write anything the only information the judge had was what the debt company gave him it was taped but that was it yes i own my house it is so confusing

Hi Corrina

Quick question,

Did you pay a debt company to assist you in your BR?

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Corrina Posted - 11 February 2011 : 08:57:32
hi my or is face to face glafy

glafy Posted - 10 February 2011 : 20:34:47
Hi Corrina

Mortgage is a secured loan. Yep if you can, then pay it. Unsecured loans can be other things like credit cards or loans.

I hope one of the experts will be along again to clarify things for you.

Is your OR interview over the 'phone or face to face?

Corrina Posted - 10 February 2011 : 20:02:36
secured creditors ? i have got debts but nothing secured on my home they are unsecured debts so only my morgtage really ?

debtinfo Posted - 10 February 2011 : 20:01:03
yes you can still pay secured creditors
Corrina Posted - 10 February 2011 : 19:55:42
hi just to let no how i am doing i have spoke to a solicitor today and feel a little bit more at ease however on returning home have my bancruptcy pack through the post and now have my or meeting on the 22nd february scared a lot one thing i want to ask have been told not to pay any of my debtors but i can still pay my mortgage cant i cos i dont want to be in trouble with them as well can anyone help please thanks

Corrina Posted - 09 February 2011 : 21:51:55
thankyou tracyjr for answer

Skippy Posted - 09 February 2011 : 20:21:27
It means that your house is worth less than you owe on it, i.e. house worth £150k, mortgage £200k.

Corrina Posted - 09 February 2011 : 19:51:08
what exactly does negative equity mean please anyone

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page