Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Procedure for getting tax code when br ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ddonna Posted - 11 February 2011 : 12:17:30
Hi my hubby recently went bankruptIE:november.Still hasnt received a nil tax code.We received a lettter from HMRC today advising him that his new tax code from april will be 757l.Im confused,i thought everyone had a nil tax code if they are bankrupt,and i cant understand why his hasnt changed? I dont want to ring the OR and ask him , does anyone know the procedure? Im clueless!!
Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Richard P Posted - 12 February 2011 : 20:21:07
Hi all when you go BR you get a nil tax code for the remainder of that financial year.

the next financial year back to normal with whatever code is appropriate to you.

Many employees who want to try and keep BR quiet at work will go BR feb / March, it is unlikely that OR and tax man will get organsied in time and the reward for them may not make it a good use of time.

When you are awarded a nil tax code a company called moon beaver will contact you for the un collected tax.

you shoud discipline yourself to put the tax away and not spend as it is not yours to spend.

Richard
Niobe Posted - 12 February 2011 : 20:02:18
I was under the impression that the tax would have to be paid to the OR.

If they don't, what do you do with it?

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
ddonna Posted - 12 February 2011 : 10:38:09
HI thanks for getting back to me,i guess im just going to have to wait and see what happens!!!.I have no IPA and neither does my husband,so i was just so unsure how it works.We went BR in November and to be honest havent heard alot other than they are applying for ED in May.
DDonna
quote:
Originally posted by moodybluetwo

I went BR in August 2010.My tax codes changed to NT (nil tax) untill April this year...then I pay tax as normal.The tax I dont pay I was told to keep to one side and the OR may arrange to collect it.

moodybluetwo Posted - 12 February 2011 : 10:31:00
I went BR in August 2010.My tax codes changed to NT (nil tax) untill April this year...then I pay tax as normal.The tax I dont pay I was told to keep to one side and the OR may arrange to collect it.
ddonna Posted - 12 February 2011 : 09:41:23
HI Everyone, My husband has now received his nil tax code ...can't beleive it as i was just posting yesterday how it had'nt arrived!!! Does anyone know whats going to happen now?does this mean he will get an IPA in the new tax year or is it just a case of paying moonbeaver until april?? please can anyone advice me ...getting a bit concerned
quote:
Originally posted by ddonna

Thanks Tracy,its all so confusing
thanks for the advice,i'll stop worrying now!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Traceyjr

Not everyone gets a nil tax code, and to be honest I would think it would be unlikely that your husband will get one now. It could be a case that the OR didn't notify HMRC, or that HMRC didn't implement it - with all the problems they've had I wouldn't be surprised!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!

ddonna Posted - 11 February 2011 : 12:41:44
Thanks Tracy,its all so confusing
thanks for the advice,i'll stop worrying now!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Traceyjr

Not everyone gets a nil tax code, and to be honest I would think it would be unlikely that your husband will get one now. It could be a case that the OR didn't notify HMRC, or that HMRC didn't implement it - with all the problems they've had I wouldn't be surprised!

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Skippy Posted - 11 February 2011 : 12:38:39

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page