Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 been to court this morning

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
choccie lab Posted - 02 March 2011 : 15:06:43
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let u all know that everything went well and both myself and my partner was granted bankruptcy,didn't even need to see the District Judge,everyone was really nice and definitly wasn't as bad as i thought it would be

Just got to wait for an Appt with the OR now

Many thanks for all the advice and good luck wishes
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 03 March 2011 : 22:12:29
Hope everything goes ok widge - you can do without aggression from the ex on top of everything else!

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
glafy Posted - 03 March 2011 : 22:10:12
Glad all went ok for you Widge & hoping things are settling down elsewhere!!

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
choccie lab Posted - 03 March 2011 : 22:05:19
Sorry to hear that Widge,hope your ok xx

Jane x
Skippy Posted - 03 March 2011 : 20:53:07
Sorry to hear that Widge, I hope everything calms down for you x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Crazee67 Posted - 03 March 2011 : 20:36:56
Why is he acting like this? Gosh this is the last thing you need.
Widge Posted - 03 March 2011 : 16:29:13
Oh dear, ex phoned and he's geting all aggressive on me :(
Widge Posted - 03 March 2011 : 16:27:04
Oh flip,
I have to go to the OR office for a face to face next Wednesday. I think its something to do with the equity tied up in the houses that I have no interest in. My ex-husband is going to kill me - yikes!!!!
Wigde
Widge Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:48:03
Hey Big Al,
Thanks for that. I hope this post by Jane will help us all be a bit more informed (Thanks Jane!). I'm not bothered about stuff as my I left most things with my ex when I walked out on him! I'm hoping they'll let me keep the car though (it was a serious downsize after having a company car, after all, and funded with a loan from my mother. I'm sure the OR doesn't care about that personal loan stuff though, so who will pay my 80 year old mum back her money if they sell my (her)car?
Widge x
Widge Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:34:34
I'm sure they'll let you keep the car no probs at all. Don't worry at all about that honest. Mine is valued at about £3,000 though which I'm told is 'borderline/at risk' and they may want that but that could make it a goddam long walk to work when the bus stops running!!!
choccie lab Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:30:50
I had mixed feelings yesterday evening,i was happy that the bankruptcy had gone through,but i also felt on a downer but not sure why

Im just hoping we can keep the car,it was valued on parkers at 900 Pounds.none of us are working but my partners is seeking employment and would need the car to travel to work as he's an HGV driver,so fingers crossed we can keep it
Widge Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:24:50
Thanks Housing,
I'm always up for being honest about stuff. I've got nothing to hide after all.
Ha ha just noticed your signature "There are no problems - only solutions"...sort of the same as I just said!!!!
Widge
Widge Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:20:31
Thinking about it, what can they take to pay my debts? The money my ex owes me? Fine. My possesions? Fine (haven't got much really). My pensions? Fine. My laptop? Fine(its broken anyway!)My car? Not fine but I can always walk 4 miles home from work on a dark bank holiday evening lol!
I reason that no problem is insurmountable. No-one can take me, the carbon life-form, away in payment, so why worry?
Widge (maybe being a bit unnecessarily poetic and in shock!)
Housing Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:17:39
Hi

I am very pleased for you. That is the biggest step and the OR interview, I am sure will be straightforward. The essence is to be honest with the OR representative when you have the interview and indeed, any dealings. Have your SOA to hand and refer to it as necessary

Please keep posting and ask any questions - sharing your experiences is very helpful for visitors to the Forum site

Good luck, Housing

"There are no problems - only solutions"
Widge Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:11:35
You too Jane, I haven't got a date with the OR yet, but expecting them to call to arrange soon. I don't know why but I'm sort of looking forward to it. Feeling sort of refreshed. I don't think realty has settled in yet.
Widge xxx
choccie lab Posted - 03 March 2011 : 14:04:53
quote:
Originally posted by Widge

Hi Jane and friends,
Just to let you know mine went though too. All was very easy. I too am looking forward to speaking to the OR. I hope they go after my ex-husband for the money he owes me (secretly smiling).
Widge xxx

Hye Widge,thats great news glad to hear everything went ok,let us know how u get on with or

Jane xx

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page