Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 personal injury claim payout

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bonechild Posted - 07 March 2011 : 18:08:44
Hi

Last year I was hit by a truck (as a pedestrian), the other sides insurance company has accepted liability and now it is just a question of how much they will pay out

PROBLEM IS... i will be probably need to file for BR very soon. I am/Was a sole trader, I am in arrears on my rented premises and have stopped working. I am a bit confused. will this payout be counted as an asset if I get it before I file, or even after ??
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bonechild Posted - 08 March 2011 : 12:39:00
i'm so srry. i'm not normally so thick but my head is really muddled at the moment and i don't really get your answer but i feel it is important socan you explain it again for me in really simple terms.

the claim has got as far as the other side accepting liability. i can claim for osteopath expenses and personal injury. i can claim also for loss of earnings but if i stand to lose these anyway there would be little point in claming them.

please can you clariy/confirm this?
debtinfo Posted - 08 March 2011 : 10:41:12
You are right in a way, but with one important exception, there is either a non personal part or not, you cant choose whether to claim it or not, because you cant seperate out the cause. If it has both then the right to claim vests with the trustee but if the case is won by the trustee you still get all the compensation for the personal injury part
glafy Posted - 08 March 2011 : 10:27:39
quote:
Originally posted by bonechild

thanks so much anyway
what is the best way to either get the attention of the experts or the best way to contact them? Who do I speak to?
sorry, I'm really confused and a probably a bit emotional at the moment. I'm sure most people on here will understand that (i hope)

I hope Richards last post has helped

Don't worry about keeping asking questions, it is easy for us to sometimes forget how confusing these sites can be when someone is first visiting, so ask away and shout for help as many times as you need.

We all understand how hard it is, been there, got the T shirt & still wear it quite often! LOL.

We will help you get through this and you are definately allowed to be emotional & confused.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Richard P Posted - 08 March 2011 : 09:52:58
Hi Bone child

on the left hand side of this page is a heading in light blue "forum" a sub topic in dark blue is experts.

click on experts, 10 experts or mentors are listed some have email and phone contacts, some are just cyber advice, call or contact any or all of them

Richard
bonechild Posted - 07 March 2011 : 22:28:02
thanks so much anyway
what is the best way to either get the attention of the experts or the best way to contact them? Who do I speak to?
sorry, I'm really confused and a probably a bit emotional at the moment. I'm sure most people on here will understand that (i hope)
Skippy Posted - 07 March 2011 : 22:11:44
Hi bonechild, I can't help you with this, but hopefully one of the experts will pick up this post. Either that or you can contact any of the professionals who post on here.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
bonechild Posted - 07 March 2011 : 22:01:57
I've read some things that say if it purely for personal injury then it is not counted but if i add a claim for loss of earnings then that is considered an asset and part of my estate (sorry if i'm not using the correct terminology at any time)

will an expert come along or do i have to ask them some other way? i have asked other questions and not got answers so i'm still stressing.
i'm new to all this so i don'tknow if i'm doing something wrong or in the wrong way
Richard P Posted - 07 March 2011 : 18:37:53
Take expert guidance direct email or phone call

Richard

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page