Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Just filled in SOA, got my court date 28th March

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
steg90 Posted - 14 March 2011 : 21:40:12
Hi all,

I've decided to finally go bankrupt, I owe 27k, two of these are loans and the other a credit card. One of the loans is on my car, car is worth less than what is owing on it (currently 4.1k) - I'm guessing the car will be taken from me?

I'm also 2.4k overdrawn with my bank, will this account get frozen?

I wished I had kept my money affairs in order, but due to divorce, change in career to try and better myself, I've ended up so much in debt. I thank you for any advice and really appreciate it.

Kind regards and I'm so nervous with my court date wondering what will happen???

Steve
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 16 March 2011 : 11:07:12
If you are not on the electoral roll then you will be referred as they will want proof of identity.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
steg90 Posted - 16 March 2011 : 10:15:21
I think it could possibly be I'm not on the electoral register? I've phoned for the forms yesterday and when I send them back they told me I'd be on the register in a couple of days, so maybe that?
Widge Posted - 16 March 2011 : 10:00:16
This is strange. I phoned co-op to open an account and they were most helpful. I told them I was about to go bankrupt and they were fine opening my account. Its up and running now. I wonder if there's other reason for the delay?
Widge
steg90 Posted - 16 March 2011 : 09:44:39
Just phoned Co-op again as my decision had been referred, speaking to them they said I need to phone back in a couple of days as due to my bankruptcy (I did mention to them I was declaring this 28th March) this is why - has anybody has this problem?

Thanks
steg90 Posted - 16 March 2011 : 07:35:47
Ok, I don't have it down at the moment so will need to put it in. Just scared though as I bought my apple macbook on it around 7 months ago, would they take this back from me? Reason I ask is that I use it for my work.
debtinfo Posted - 16 March 2011 : 07:25:46
yes in section 5.2

also in section 4 if there is any debt on it
steg90 Posted - 15 March 2011 : 19:41:35
Hiya,

Thanks for the information. I've only 3 creditors who I'm listing - car finance, an aa loan and my credit card - I do have an argos card - would I have to list that?

Best wishes,
Steve
fattypatty Posted - 15 March 2011 : 17:13:18
hi again ,
when you get to the courts they do run through all the paper work but i would say keep checking it ive made a list of all my debt that have been taken over by the different companys as i did get in a muddle at first and couldnt rem who was who but after sitting down and studying all the paper work in a quiet room i managed to muddle through it .
a friend of mine went for bankruptcy last april she had a few bits wrong on her form and they helped her at the courts .
hope this helps x x
steg90 Posted - 15 March 2011 : 15:18:12
That would be great! Do the forms have to be 100% correct?
fattypatty Posted - 15 March 2011 : 14:58:45
hi steg 90 , i have my court date through too for the 24th march and i am nervous .
as for the forms i keep going over them just to make sure ive filled them in properly i will keep you informed as to what happens when i go to apply for bankruptcy if you like x
steg90 Posted - 15 March 2011 : 13:45:56
Hi,

I think this is why they have referred it, I'm not, just phoned up for the forms to be sent so I can be put on it, unless they can check a previous address?

Thanks,
Steve
Viki.W Posted - 15 March 2011 : 13:40:14
Hi Steve,

Don't worry about the bank referring the account, this is often the case. As long as you are on the electoral role, you will be fine.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
steg90 Posted - 15 March 2011 : 12:35:11
As an aside - I've carried on using my bank to draw money for shopping even though it is well over drawn, I guess I have to stop now doing this as it is the banks money? So many questions, I'm sorry!

Thanks,
Steve
steg90 Posted - 15 March 2011 : 12:32:14
Hi,

Thanks glafy :-)

I've tried to get a cash minder acct and they have referred me and I have to phone in next two days, will I get this account?

Thanks,
Steve
glafy Posted - 15 March 2011 : 10:30:14
Just popping in here to agree with the others Steve. The co-op Cashminder is a really good account to use through BR. The OR's know of these accounts and will leave them open for you. Just be careful that you don't go overdrawn on it.
Court day will probably be an anti climax for you. You usually need to take 3 copies of SOA with you plus your cash fee.
You will be seen by the BR clerk who will check your forms and take your money!!
Your papers will be taken to the court (I had to take my own!), you may or may not have to see the judge. I think that it tends to depend on the individual court/the judge/the day/how busy they are etc, etc as to the chances of you having to see them face to face. Your papers are then signed and that's it, off you go!!........ BR!!
I was only at court about 30 mins, obviously this can vary.
Good Luck with everything!

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page