Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Success stories
 Discharged today!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rayvn Posted - 22 March 2011 : 07:47:21
We have been AD'D today!!! I would like to thank everybody on this great site for all the support and prompt advice that we have received during our BR.
I still have a couple of concerns.
We haven't had our post yet, could the OR still contact us today?

My partner had a tax rebate last year and he needed a work vehicle and had to spend it on this, but we haven't heard from the OR about this either. Is there anything they can do now that we have been discharged?

Thanks again to you all.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nadineryan Posted - 10 July 2013 : 13:05:38
quote:
Originally posted by Rayvn

We have been AD'D today!!!

Thanks again to you all.

Woo! Congrats!!
Great to see a success story. This is why I've registered with the forum
Rayvn Posted - 01 February 2012 : 14:12:00
Hello again,
Just received a 283A(1)form 6.83, they are saying that they have upto March 08 2013 is the last day in which they can serve this notice. I was under the impression that the whole house situation had to be completed after 3 yrs of BR? We have mortgage arrears and arrears on the secured loan, but we are struggling to pay them. (Partner self employed and out of work) Does this mean that we have to stay here for another year or more before our case is looked at? If so and they decide to put it on the market, (was in equity when we first went BR)will we have to show around potential buyers.
Mortgage 109k
Mortgage arrears 3k
Secured loan 1800, these people are getting annoying I have an appointment with CAB later this month.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Rayvn Posted - 08 April 2011 : 09:45:24
Thankyou Blackie,
We will just have to sit tight and wait.
Thanks again.
Blackie Posted - 26 March 2011 : 20:23:31
Hi Rayvn

It sounds as if the OR is continuing to keep an interst in the property in case there is equity which, unfortunately, the OR can demand at any time up to three years from the date of bankruptcy. I fear that there is not much that you can do. It would, however, be interesting to know the value of the property and the amouny owing on it remembering to take into account all secured loans.

John Blackadder
Niobe Posted - 25 March 2011 : 07:50:52
Not sure about this one at all, will keep it bumped up for one of the professionals.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Rayvn Posted - 24 March 2011 : 15:35:54
Thankyou, Kallis and Viki.
Rayvn Posted - 24 March 2011 : 15:33:57
Hi John,
The OR asked us for 8k so that we could keep it, this was when we first went BR. She told us she has an interest in the property for upto 3 yrs. We are not sure what to do, we havent been offered the BI. Do we leave it or do we get in contact with her in a few months? I would love to keep the house, tho we have 3k arrears, and a secured loan, but we are making regular payments to both. We have 3 children so we really dont want to move. We purchased the house from the council, but the 5 yrs is up next April, and then it can be sold with no penalty.
Thankyou in advance.
Viki.W Posted - 24 March 2011 : 11:06:27
and congratulations from me too.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Niobe Posted - 24 March 2011 : 10:50:28
Congratulations from me as well Rayvn

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Blackie Posted - 24 March 2011 : 09:08:19
Hi Rayvn

You do not mention anything about your house in your message so I am unable to help. Perhaps you would loke to come back with details and what you wish to know.

John Blackadder
Rayvn Posted - 24 March 2011 : 08:31:23
Thanks Glafy.
glafy Posted - 23 March 2011 : 05:48:36
Congratulations from me too on your AD

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Rayvn Posted - 22 March 2011 : 08:16:32
Hi John
Thankyou. We didnt declare the tax rebate as he needed the car, he is self employed so I am not sure if this makes a difference?
Also how long should we leave it till we contact the OR about our house?
Thanks again.
Blackie Posted - 22 March 2011 : 08:05:19
Hiya Rayvn

Congratulations on being discharged and there is now very little that the OR can do. The only thing that may come out of the woodwork, albeit unlikely, is your tax rebate which, I am assuming, you received during your bankruptcy period. This should have been declared. If it was declared and the OR did nothing then you have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps.

John Blackadder

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page