Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 I am still so paranoid...is it normal??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Most worried Posted - 09 March 2011 : 14:55:05
Hi all again.

So, my case is with the RTLU as OR has sent off for early discharge request(about 3 weeks ago) and I've been BR now for nearly 9 Mnths.(no assets but NIL tax code)........

I still have a near coronary whenever I hear cars outside my home and might just faint or throw up in fear if the door bell goes off............I normally 'start' to 'relax' after about 8PM as I'd hope by then no one will turn up....silly I know!!Sorry.
(Im talking about debt coll or sim etc)

By this stage, am I worrying completely un-necessary.....

Wondered if anyone's felt the same or have any views

Thank you all:)

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fattypatty Posted - 05 April 2011 : 17:29:07
yes i am all ready with the paper work just need the money growwwwwll its so frustrating . thanks for replys today x
Niobe Posted - 05 April 2011 : 17:23:05
I have no idea if they have to pay for damage to the door, if they are refused entry then they can gain access by force - personal possessions which don't belong to you should be fine. They're not looking for normal household goods.

However, as stated, this should be a fair way down the line and hopefully your husbands BR will have been sorted by then.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
fattypatty Posted - 05 April 2011 : 17:19:37
thanks for the info ive read that much but i knew council tax was a different ball game .
lets say they did force to get in do they pay for the door to be repaired and how can they take things that are not ours ?
both my sons have lap tops in there rooms surely they cant take those ?
Niobe Posted - 05 April 2011 : 17:10:48
If they get a court order or a distress warrant then yes, they can make a forcible entry into the house.

If you leave a window or door open and a bailiff calls and he gets in by that means then I'm afraid neither you or your brother can do anything about it.

Jan
xx
fattypatty Posted - 05 April 2011 : 17:09:23
and thank you richard for your reply very helpful indeed .
fattypatty Posted - 05 April 2011 : 17:08:13
i was going to put tennancy agreement to show that nothing in the property is ours the last bailiff that came wanted to read it and said that they would just take us to court over it .
i know for a fact my brother will not allow anyone to enter the property by gaining entry i just hope we get sorted by then .
are they allowed to break a door to gain entry i have already read the inns and outs of what a bailiff can do but council tax arrears is a different matter .
Niobe Posted - 05 April 2011 : 15:45:01
I think that if bailiffs have a distress warrant or a court order they can come in regardless of who the property belongs to. However, as RichardP says, that is someway down the line.

A call from an ordinary bailiff and he cannot come in unless invited. However, if you have left windows or a door open he can enter the property that way. It will not matter who owns the property as far as I am aware.

Jan
xx
fattypatty Posted - 05 April 2011 : 15:40:47
dont baillifs have to have permission from the landlord to enter the property as i know mine wont agree to them gaining access as my landlord is my brother ?
Niobe Posted - 05 April 2011 : 15:37:27
This is what bailiffs and debt collectors can and cannot do:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10034289

Just wondering why you are putting a copy of your tenancy agreement on the door? Anyone calling won't be interested in that at all.

Jan
xx
fattypatty Posted - 05 April 2011 : 15:30:39
i would say we are about a month away to him ringing for his appointment i have filled in all his paper work for him so its just the money at the minute .
ive just sorted out my printer and printed the tennancy agreement off to stick to my back door and made copys of my form with bankruptcy cant put them at the front as they are on show and too many nosey people live near me .
so is there anything else i can do i wonder my god lets hope it ends soon im bloomin fed up of being frightened and jumping when anyone comes x
Richard P Posted - 05 April 2011 : 11:57:15
HI FP

any caller visiting you looking to come inside your house about one of your debts can take a hike show them the bankruptcy order as all of your possession are protected and belong to the OR.

they cannot come into your house and look for your ex husband or partner who is temporarily living at an unknown address.

alas with a distress warrant / liability order you are quite some way down the line, how far are you down the savings route for paying for his bankruptcy ? if you are a month away it may be worth a phone call to the creditor.

Good Luck Richard,
glafy Posted - 05 April 2011 : 11:19:01
Oh fattypatty you are having a rotten week.
I do hope your young man is on the road to recovery.
As regards the M.I.L. I used to hide from mine all the time LOL
Jokes aside I'm sure one of the experts can answer your bailiff questions.
I'm sure that having a letter stating that none of the items are yours must help.

Good Luck with Thursday.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
fattypatty Posted - 05 April 2011 : 09:31:06
oh my days just had a letter through the door from a debt collector even though i have done my br my husband hasnt so we are still going through the worry of knocks at the door i still shake when i see the van even though i know they wont get in .
to top it all my little boy had a bad accident last week and had have to have his arm opperated on so we are both stuck in the house and its not a nice feeling waiting for knocks at the door my mother in law called yesterday and i waited until i could see who was at the door ...how bad is that .
im pleased my br is done i have my telephone call thurs but i really cant wait for my husband to do his and just our luck the fee has gone up but at least thats only £25 .
i am right in thinking though that i dont have to let the bailiffs in or speak to them ?
the letter reads magistrates liability order /distress warrant ,balance due in 24 hours .
we have a tennancy agreement stating that nothing in the property is our own does that help ?
choccie lab Posted - 04 April 2011 : 14:49:24
Good luck fattypatty,hope everything goes well for you

Jane xx
fattypatty Posted - 04 April 2011 : 14:33:52
interviews this thursday morning im not too nervous as long as im prepared ive got notes stuck to my br forms on every page so i think im sorted .

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page