Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 housing
 Voluntary Assisted Sale of house

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Crazee67 Posted - 10 March 2011 : 23:13:38
Ive just read about this on another forum as an alternative to handing your keys back.

Has anyone had any experience of this or know about it that they can share please

Mine's a double
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MAXIE97 Posted - 17 April 2011 : 17:06:38
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIE97

[quote]Originally posted by Crazee67

Ive just read about this on another forum as an alternative to handing your keys back.

Has anyone had any experience of this or know about it that they can share please

Mine's a double

HI ,

i came to an arrangement with the OR which enabled me to stay in my home for 2 yrs and a few mths due to falling house prices and being unemployed,i had equity and they will be getting this very soon.

if you are bankrupt then any shorfall will fall into the bankruptcy pot when property sells,you can only be chased for this if you sign any documents with the lender regarding the mortgage"DONT SIGN NOTHING"people have after br and have been chased for the shortfall as it technically creates a new debt!
MAXIE97 Posted - 17 April 2011 : 17:03:56
quote:
Originally posted by Crazee67

Mine's a double

HI ,

i came to an arrangement with the OR which enabled me to stay in my home for 2 yrs and a few mths due to falling house prices and being unemployed,i had equity and they will be getting this very soon.
Richard P Posted - 11 March 2011 : 10:55:39
their are also govt incentives to sell your house and rent it back. scheme run through local council

the negative of the govt scheme and i believe AVS is that if you have any shortfall, it is down to the discretion of mortgage provider if they chase you for the shortfall or "forget about it ." I think they have 21 yrs to chase you !.

so for any scheme look carefully at the small print and ask your self does it actually help your circumstances move forward or is it just putting off a problem.

Richard
Niobe Posted - 11 March 2011 : 08:45:11
Have to say that I've never heard of it but having done a search I found that it is to do with RBS and Natwest:

NatWest and RBS have launched an Assisted Voluntary Sale Scheme which allows individuals time to sell their homes rather than face repossession.

Presumably there would more about it on the respective websites.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page