Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 nervous!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
priti Posted - 18 June 2008 : 22:13:10
hey all, I am going to court monday 23rd june, and i am sooooo nervous. i have received my letter of failed iva, my soa is almost complete too.
i wanted to ask if anyone has been to the high court in holborn/strand,how was ur experience???
just thinking about it is making my palms all sweaty!!!
anyone's comments will help!!! a very nervous girl!!!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
priti Posted - 16 August 2008 : 17:33:25
no co-op weren't a creditor, i opened an account with them when i took on an iva.

thanks for the info skippy!!!
Skippy Posted - 16 August 2008 : 17:01:44
I'm glad everything has been sorted out with your brother's car.

You will be contacted by a firm of solicitors called Clarke Willmott who collect your IPA payments for the OR. Although you have been told you will be paying from September it may actually be later than this - they didn't contact me in time for my first payment! I pay my IPA by standing order each month.

Was the Co-op one of your creditors? If not and it's a basic Cashminder account there is a chance that you will be able to carry on using the account, but you would need to check with the OR and the Co-op.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
priti Posted - 16 August 2008 : 13:59:00
hey all,
well i provided all the information they needed, and i called the or last week to see if everything is ok, he said with all the information i have provided my brothers car should be fine! so that is such a relief, i also got a letter saying i'll be paying £100 per month from september.
so what happens now do i just wait for them to contact me to let me know where to set up the direct debits.
also its been 2 months since my bankruptcy my co-operative account is still open, do you think this will stay open ti thought it would have been closed by now.
JulianDonnelly Posted - 17 July 2008 : 11:27:04
Hi Priti,

I agree with Melanie that the key here is evidence. As long as you can produce that, you should be fine.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
melanie_giles Posted - 16 July 2008 : 22:51:58
I am sure that when you provide them with the evidence of your Mum's payments, that the car will be fine.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
priti Posted - 16 July 2008 : 20:38:57
well the OR called me a week ago, stating i will not be able to keep my car, which is fine as i don't use it that much, Then he said they will also be taking my brothers car, i explained that it isn't my car, never has been had only been in my name. Then he said why did i put it in the soa, which made me think do they really check with dvla????
Anyway after explaining my situation, they need proof that my mum paid me cheques every month for the 3 years the car was on finance so i've ord my mums bank statements, which show this so hopefully they should be with me soon, I am hoping my brothers car will be safe after this. What do u think melanie????
melanie_giles Posted - 24 June 2008 : 21:57:00
I think that you need to answer the OR's questions honestly and explain to them exactly what happened with regard this car. They are not there to take things which they are not entitled to, and you do seem to have a good case to prove that you have no interest in the vehicle.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
priti Posted - 24 June 2008 : 17:55:24
If i sell my car after speaking to the OR do u think they will leave my brothers car alone. i also found 2 statements showing my mum had paid road tax and insurance, also how far back can u request bank statments this will show i didn't pay any of my own money towards the car.
debtfreesusie67 Posted - 24 June 2008 : 15:48:06
Hi priti just wanted to congratulations on your BR. You can now look forward to being debt free and thats a great feeling.

Hugs
Sue
The only way is up
priti Posted - 24 June 2008 : 15:47:24
right i have just found a couple of my mums bank statements which show she has paid for road tax and car insurance.
do u think this will help
priti Posted - 24 June 2008 : 14:57:36
Can they still take the car even though legally i'm no longer the owner.
priti Posted - 24 June 2008 : 14:56:15
my mum or my brother have always paid road tax and car insurance,i don't know if they will still have proof of it. i've never contributed anything to it.
Also i transferred it to him about 4-5months ago.

melanie_giles Posted - 24 June 2008 : 14:40:47
I agree with Suzanne in that there is a real risk that the OR will view your brother's car as an asset of the estate. Who has paid for the insurance, road tax and maintenance over the last few years? If you can produce evidence that this has all been paid for by your brother this would help.

priti Posted - 24 June 2008 : 14:30:02
My brothers car is no longer in my name and he uses it for work, also he is moving out of home, Also he doesn't know about my situation, i don't really use my car its mainly for my parents so i don't mind the OR taking that. Can the OR get old bank statements, this will show that although money was going out of my acount my parents were paying me everymonth by cheque which would show up on old statements would this make any difference
Suzanne Posted - 24 June 2008 : 14:25:27
Priti
I am afraid there is a real chance they may ask for you brothers car or an offer to purchase it. Get some valuations, as very often they are not worth as much as you think. You can claim your car as exempt as needed for work etc.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page