Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 bankrupt and i jointly owning investment property

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cochly Posted - 11 April 2011 : 14:06:03
Morning, i am bankrupt and i jointly own a investment property with a now exgirlfriend/business partner. I understand the receiver has an equitable interest in the property but do i still have a legal right of entry to the property for maintenance reasons because the exgirlfriend has changed the locks. i am happy to sell my share in the property to help my creditors but not for a £1, thanks.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 25 April 2011 : 17:47:55
I'm also sorry you feel this way but the forum cannot give legal advice.

If 'Joe Bloggs' agreed with us then perhaps you do need to take the advice on board, get a free initial consultation with a local solicitor and take it from there.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Skippy Posted - 25 April 2011 : 15:51:39
As I said I'm sorry that you feel this way, and it does appear that you need to take legal advice, which is something that this forum cannot (and does not claim to be able to) offer.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
cochly Posted - 25 April 2011 : 15:14:57
they say a bad word goes round quicker than a good, 2 replies! in one day. if you read the answers/suggestions i have received back, you will see i have not received anything apart from contradictions. So i beg to differ when you say i can't handle what i hear because i have not heard anything yet from your so called experts. I got the same advice from "joe bloggs" at the BBQ yesterday, Over and out
Skippy Posted - 25 April 2011 : 13:22:46
All of the professional experts and mentors who post on here do so in their own free time to offer advice and support and to share their experiences. The forum can give general advice, but as RHB says if you want legal advice then unfortunately you are going to have to pay for it.

I'm sorry that you aren't happy with the answers and advice that you have received, but as with everything in life if you ask the question you have to be prepared that you might not like the answer.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
RHB Posted - 25 April 2011 : 10:02:38
If you want definite legal advice you will have to pay a solicitor for it.

I get the feeling that what has been posted is not what you want to hear!!!
cochly Posted - 25 April 2011 : 09:36:16
looks like my uncle was right, little knowledge! is very dangerous. The feedback you get here is from either has-been's or wanna-be's. Reading over the replies i have received back, there as much use as a chocolate tea pot!. Got to get from here before i jump off a bridge
cochly Posted - 14 April 2011 : 16:49:33
afternoon Housing, did you have a chance to look at my answers to your questions?. Thanks again
cochly Posted - 12 April 2011 : 15:31:48
Hi,Housing, thank you so much for your interest. The answers in order of your questions:-
yes
yes
not sure but i would say a little around £8-£10K
no
no funds at this time but yes if it was an option
not sure to my knowledge but i would say no arrears
second charge-?
yes, not to capacity though.
I called around to the property this morning and noticed damage to the rear garden wall and door, i notified the letting agency that appears to be looking after the property at this time(and as a landlord/builder i know how incompetent they can be)but they have'nt got back to me(no surprise there!).Can i go and secure the property?, thank you for your time.
Housing Posted - 12 April 2011 : 14:20:12
Hi

A few questions:

Is the property jointly owned?
Was it purchased as a BTL?
Is there any equity in the property? (i.e. value)
If jointly owned is the other owner BR?
Are you wanting to buy the BI (if it was an option)
Are there any arrears on the mortgage?
Is there a second charge againts the property?
Is there a tenant in the property?

Sorry for lots of questions - come back and I will try to assist you

Housing

"There are no problems - only solutions"
RHB Posted - 12 April 2011 : 08:48:02
Thing is.if it is just that you want to establish your "rights" it could end up being more aggro than it's worth.

Is the property occupied or unoccupied?
cochly Posted - 12 April 2011 : 08:42:39
morning RHB, do i need a reason if i have the right?. long story! but because of her deception i find myself sitting infront of this computer talking to you. Besides, i have tools and materials now locked away in the garage.
RHB Posted - 12 April 2011 : 08:07:49
What are you wanting to enter the property for exactly?
cochly Posted - 12 April 2011 : 07:53:28
good morning, my uncle used to say to me-"little knowledge is dangerous" and boy! with all this conflicting info i could'nt sleep last night. I have no money(that is why i'm here) otherwise i would seek a solicitor's hand to guide me through this quagmire. i suppose the best route is straight!, so i will challenge her solicitor this morning, wish me luck!. thank you for your input
RHB Posted - 12 April 2011 : 07:34:53
You could ask but if she has changed the locks I suspect she'll say no. If it is tennanted could ou not call arrange with them to call when they are able to let you in?
cochly Posted - 12 April 2011 : 00:30:06
thank you debtinfo, so do i have the right to ask her for a set of keys to our property?, thanks again

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page