Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 santander and bankruptcy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jovi1965 Posted - 30 June 2010 : 23:09:02

Anyone who is thinking of going bankrupt and has an account with santander close your accounts and take everything you have in it and put it into a cashminder account with the co-op.
Santander are really bad at dealing with bankruptcy, i have had my account frozen for 3 weeks now and they have not unblocked it even though the OR have no interest. Dont touch them with a bargepole
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stressedbanker Posted - 26 April 2011 : 12:56:15
I have now put in an application for the Co-op and it has been accepted. Now just got to wait for the paperwork and hope that Santander release the money. I was told before I went bankrupt that this wouldnt happen with my bank account. How wrong was I!
Skippy Posted - 26 April 2011 : 12:21:55
Hi and welcome.

Was Santander one of your creditors? If not, you will need to speak to the OR and ask them to notify Santander that they have no interest in the account. However, even if they do this, there is no guarantee that you will be able to continue using the account.

As Santander aren't known as being one of the BR friendly banks, I would recommend opening a basic account with either the Co-op or Barclays.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
stressedbanker Posted - 26 April 2011 : 12:17:34
I have declared myself bankrupt about 5 weeks ago and my bank account has now been frozen for 3 weeks. How long was your bank account frozen for and can you give me any advise as to what I should do. Santander are being so unhelpful and no one seems to know the answers.
thanks
Skippy Posted - 01 July 2010 : 16:55:26
Well done for getting Tesco to play ball - they just ignored me! I lost interest in the end but I really must get back on the case!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made today - it's over at last!
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 01 July 2010 : 14:16:29
Yep, I am in the process of cleaning up my credit file and I am going to have to report Santander to the ICO as they are refusing to update the file. To may amazement Tesco updated my file and they are also pretty useless.

One good thing about Santander is that even with a loan and credit card that I hadn't paid for 3 months prior to declaring BR I never received one phone call from them. I only received one letter from them and this was after missing my 3rd payment so god know what's going on inside the company. Probably too much restructuring from their Abbey days.
chester2005 Posted - 01 July 2010 : 11:33:17
Santander are also reall bad at correcting CRA files after dischsrge to show as settled or satisfied
Complaint to the ICO gone in to get them to change things.....

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurhman)
RevivaUK and Paul Johns helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page