Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 Bankruptcy News
 bankruptcy news
 3 months till discharge - good or bad

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
barling22 Posted - 06 May 2011 : 11:14:52
Hi Experts,

I have 3 months to go for my discharge. So far I have heard nothing from the OR - I was called by them in the first 2 months into declaring but after that - nothing. Is this good news. What happens next?

rgds,

Barling
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 08 June 2013 : 07:43:32
Unlikely - it is a very old thread and everyone can see the top 250 posts in a list regardless of where they are.

There are not that many people that post on here at the moment and we find that once their questions are answered and their BR is sorted that they disappear.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Viki.W Posted - 14 May 2011 : 13:16:56
and me.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Skippy Posted - 14 May 2011 : 10:33:44
Congratulations from me as well!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
glafy Posted - 14 May 2011 : 03:38:33
Congratulations on your discharge Alan.

Great news for you. Onwards & Upwards.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Niobe Posted - 13 May 2011 : 22:16:21
Excellent news Alan, really pleased for you.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Alan.8 Posted - 13 May 2011 : 21:54:43
Hi all,
Well today is my AD a day which for so long seemed so far away!
I did not receive an IPOQ prior to my discharge today, nor have i had any contact from OR or RTLU and no IPA.

I have checked the register and it has been updated today.

I have found this forum invaluable over the last year and would like to thank all the experts for their help.

Tomorrow is the start of my debt free life. It is a great feeling after all the dark days.

rgds

Bigal4787 Posted - 11 May 2011 : 00:02:59
Hi,
the IPOQ should be sent out about 6 weeks before AD, as it can take that long to get it out, you to send it back, then set an IPA up, by the sounds of it, (I haven't spoken to my old office for a while) the staff cuts are taking its toll. So if you are a few weeks away from AD, and no IPOQ then it may be that you won't get one in time, and remember an IPA can only be started whilst undischarged.

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Richard.32 Posted - 10 May 2011 : 21:07:37
Iam now a few weeks from AD and since my telephone interview with the OR have heard nothing, no early discharge because of the huge backlog after a new computer system last year, was anticipating early discharge - they wrote to tell me this was a possibility but then shelved for people who went BR before a certain date last year (Backlog) so would have to wait for AD. Have had NO IPOQ thus far and have read in other forums of similar cases.

Hope this helps, I know what you are going through!

glafy Posted - 10 May 2011 : 20:29:16
Hi WW & Barling.
Just wondering if there has been a lack of replies as this is posted in BR news & not Forum questions?

I agree with Tracey if that's any help.
The silence so near to AD must be very hard to deal with.
Good Luck to you both.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Skippy Posted - 09 May 2011 : 11:27:57
I went BR a few years ago and things have changed, but I think you will get an IPOQ prior to discharge. Hopefully one of the others with more recent experience than me will come along.

One thing I will say is, don't be worried if you haven't heard from the OR! They will contact you if they need to, and I only heard from mine as I moved house whilst I was BR.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
barling22 Posted - 09 May 2011 : 11:12:25
Hi Big Al, Tracey & Viki,

Could you give me and Worried Woman some insights into your experience. As the silence from the OR is worrying!

quote:
Originally posted by Worried Woman

Please could one of the experts comment on this one, I am in a similar position and would be interested in your reply.

Thank you

Went Br 20th July 2010..countdown for 1 year.

Worried Woman Posted - 09 May 2011 : 10:01:10
Please could one of the experts comment on this one, I am in a similar position and would be interested in your reply.

Thank you

Went Br 20th July 2010..countdown for 1 year.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page