Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Moving to a new town and declaring bankruptcy?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alina Pietrzyk Posted - 23 June 2011 : 14:33:41
I plan to move out of my flat I share with my partner and move to a different town (where due to the changed circumstances)I rent a place by myself. Would the additional expenses of this independent lifestyle mean I would have no disposable income to pay anything over to a IPA for 3 years?

The idea would be to go bankrupt soon after moving to the new town.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 24 June 2011 : 20:01:12
Unfortunately we get the odd poster who seems to want to spoil the forum for everyone else. Alina is now locked out of the forum. If she chooses to apologise and posts according to the forum etiquette then fine, but until then she is locked out.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Almost Free Posted - 24 June 2011 : 19:52:41
Alina, you seem very very bitter, everyone on this forum is there to help, give the right advice and guide troubled individuals like myself in the right direction... Without the help of this forum and certain individuals my life wouldn't be what it is now, be thankful for what they are advising and there is no way you can cheat the system, if your honest then life will go your way... Just 1 question tho, I notice you say earlier in your post you have never defaulted on a payment to your creditors, well if you can afford the payments, why are you considering bankruptcy??????
Alina_Pietrzyk Posted - 24 June 2011 : 19:07:56
quote:
Originally posted by Richard P

Hi Alina

OK I appreciate that you are concerned / stressed about your situation

The advise offered for free on this web site is aimed at helping you through the bankruptcy procedure within the rules of this land. not all of us may like all of the rules but you still have to abide by them.

I would like to think that you are not deliberatly misleading the official bodies but do not understand the process and potentially making expensive errors.

I think perhaps you are asking the wrong questions

1) if i move to another area how long before i can petition for my bankruptcy

2) what expenses can be claimed relevant to my circumstances, income and expenditure.

3) I accept that I may have an Income Payment agreement, i have exchanged £XYZ.000 of debt for a nominal monthly fee how can i make certain that my payments are in line and balanced with everyone else.

yes your earlier comments about IVA factories may be appropriate but out in the market place you will find some fantastic individuals / companies who can help. (iVA / Bankruptcy may still be a solution)

anyway I am one of those "nasty fee collecting individuals", so back to work .... however like others on this forum (I / We )would like to think that we add value and help you improve your situation,

If you do not play by the rules. bankruptcy will not help your situation,

Good Luck Richard,

Have you any idea who makes the rules, "the law"? Parliamentarians, that's who. Those elected MPs of ours who were claiming for this and claiming for that and, in Jacqui Smith's case, "the other" in order to get as much out of the system for themselves as possible. Claiming £800 for wisteria clearing in your garden is fine but trying to salvage something from a bad debt sitution in bankruptcy obviously isn't! Wake up and smell the horse sh!t.
Alina_Pietrzyk Posted - 24 June 2011 : 19:00:38
quote:
Originally posted by Darkday

Alina,

One thing I have learnt in my life is that you gain more by being polite and friendly

Oh really? I am sure that is why you have been having such lovely phone calls from your creditors, love. On the contrary, you need to sieze the intiative and have them on the wrong foot. Be strong, sieze the situation and tell them where to get off. They'll soon dance to your tune.
debtinfo Posted - 24 June 2011 : 18:32:33
you have to go bankrupt in the area in which you have been resident in for the greater part of the last 6 months, So not saying that you cant go bankrupt just that your case may have to be heard in the rea you used to live in, just a case of juristiction.

What the Person in this thread was proposing is renting a second property in another area to pay more out and less to her creditors and trying to do it in a seperate district to try and make sure no one found out, in other words trying bto cheat the sytem and her creditors (which as you can see does not go down well in this forum)
Patrick Posted - 24 June 2011 : 18:23:01
quote:
Originally posted by Richard P

Hi Alina

Are you saying you can't go bankrupt in a different town from the one you currently live in? Confused ....
moodybluetwo Posted - 24 June 2011 : 12:23:12
While no one really wants to pay an IPA the reality is most of us do. I took on bankruptcy as a last resort after years of bad debt (entirely my fault) and a failed IVA which ran for 18 months….god knows how I tried to sort myself out. Some people ask for advice but don’t take it …..others think they know better and do what they want and we cannot help them….so be it. What ever action you take as long as you act within the rules you should be ok . One final point….any previous address`s are listed on your bankruptcy for all to see.
Richard P Posted - 24 June 2011 : 09:39:48
Hi Alina

OK I appreciate that you are concerned / stressed about your situation

The advise offered for free on this web site is aimed at helping you through the bankruptcy procedure within the rules of this land. not all of us may like all of the rules but you still have to abide by them.

I would like to think that you are not deliberatly misleading the official bodies but do not understand the process and potentially making expensive errors.

I think perhaps you are asking the wrong questions

2) what expenses can be claimed relevant to my circumstances, income and expenditure.

3) I accept that I may have an Income Payment agreement, i have exchanged £XYZ.000 of debt for a nominal monthly fee how can i make certain that my payments are in line and balanced with everyone else.

yes your earlier comments about IVA factories may be appropriate but out in the market place you will find some fantastic individuals / companies who can help. (iVA / Bankruptcy may still be a solution)

anyway I am one of those "nasty fee collecting individuals", so back to work .... however like others on this forum (I / We )would like to think that we add value and help you improve your situation,

If you do not play by the rules. bankruptcy will not help your situation,

Good Luck Richard,
Skippy Posted - 23 June 2011 : 21:52:37
I've had enough of this. No one is saying that you cannot live on your own, what we are saying is that you must be honest with the OR, and if that involves paying an IPA then so be it.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Alina Pietrzyk Posted - 23 June 2011 : 21:50:06
quote:
Originally posted by Traceyjr

I really think you need to look into whether BR is the best solution for you as you seem determined not to follow the law and rules of BR.

Eh? So the rules of bankruptcy include:

You are not entitled to live in a rented home of your own but must share with your partner.

What law am I not following, do tell?
Darkday Posted - 23 June 2011 : 21:39:57
Alina,

These lovely people give up their time to help people like me who are worried sick about their situation. I for one DO feel really bad that I owe money to my creditors- after all it was ME that borrowed it!
You seem like you an axe to grind? In my opinion your postings are quite inflammatory and dare I say, quite rude.
One thing I have learnt in my life is that you gain more by being polite and friendly
Skippy Posted - 23 June 2011 : 20:54:32
I really think you need to look into whether BR is the best solution for you as you seem determined not to follow the law and rules of BR.

Alina Pietrzyk Posted - 23 June 2011 : 20:52:33
quote:
Originally posted by RHB

Seems a bit extreme to not live with your partner & pay money for rent & council tax instead of your creditors but that's your choice.

Why is it extreme to have a second home? I have to pay my share of council tax and rent where I am with my partner already. If I can rent a home in a town in a beautiful part of the country where we can holiday, why should I give that idea up in order to struggle paying faceless creditors?

Even if it does appear extreme to find my own solutions, in the absence of any genuine advice, helpful to me, I thought bankruptcy was meant to be an extreme situation?

Many of the companies popping up all over the place even as I type are just waiting to grab money from me to "help" my debt situation. Their advice is appaling and inaccurate. Most of them are shamelessly pushing us folk to consider IVAs and forget bankruptcy. Don't you know that all of them - and the credt card companies - are out there to stitch us poor people up, nothing fair about their approach.
Skippy Posted - 23 June 2011 : 20:52:06
Non car drivers don't 'get fleeced' as you put it, they have allowances for any transport needs. Not everyone can use public transport - if I hadn't been able to keep my car I wouldn't have been able to work.

There is no longer any 'stupid £1 buy-back system' - the OR will wait 2 years and 3 months before revaluing the property.

No one wants to pay into an IPA, but no one on this forum is going to encourage anyone to lie to the OR to avoid this.

RHB Posted - 23 June 2011 : 20:49:43
Fine, that's your feelings BUT it is an official process through the courts & you have an obligation to be honest otherwise your discharge from bankruptcy can be suspended. Those non car owners as you call them will be allowed expenses for transport to work be it train bus or taxi. The buy back for a pound only occurs when a property is in negative equity.

Bankruptcy is a last resort for those who have no other way of dealing with their debt & stays with you for life.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page