Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Letter from Arrow Global

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
debtrider Posted - 27 June 2011 : 18:28:08
I went bankrupt in October 2008 and was discharged in October 2009. I have just had a letter from Arrow Global regarding my Egg loan which was included in my bankruptcy.

It say’s

We advise that Egg Banking Plc had assigned all of it’s respective right, title and interest in respect of your loan account. (including the right to receive payment of the outstanding balance) to Britannica-arrow, effective 10th may 2011.

We understand that you have been made bankrupt and that and agent of Egg Banking Plc has previously filed a proof of debt with your insolvency Practioner/ officials receiver. Your insolvency Practitioners/ Official Receiver should ensure that all future payments are made to Britannia Recoveries. (they then give their their account details).

If we have the details of your insolvency Practitioners/ Official Receiver then we will have endeavoured to provide them with a copy of this letter. It would however, be sensible for you to also provide them with a copy this letter.

I do not know what I am supposed to do with this correspondence and don’t see why I should be responsible for this. It as been that long since by bankruptcy I no longer know who is my Official Receiver, and I think my case as been passed on and closed. I just don’t know?

Why should I receive a letter about a debt that in my case no longer exists?

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Debrider
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
debtrider Posted - 28 June 2011 : 09:40:06
I have made a few more enquiries this morning with regard to the letter from Arrow Global. After phoning the OR office in Birmingham they said that my case as been passed onto the National Dividend Service. These are part of the Insolvency service and pay out to creditors. So I will be sending the letter from Arrow Global to them. They told me that they still have Egg plc on their system, so I am am doing Arrow Global a favour here. Again I am a bit frustrated that I am having do all the running around, when I feel this is no longer my responsibility.

Debtrider
debtrider Posted - 28 June 2011 : 08:45:14
I honestly do not know who is know dealing with my case, even though there are a few who do not believe me. I have phoned the original OR a few months ago and they say that my case as been passed on, then I phoned another number and they also said the same thing. So I just end up going around in circles and it costing more for telephone calls.

Debtinfo says: my debt still does exist but my liability to pay as been discharged, which is fair enough.

If Global Arrow are receiving payments from some other source, which I very much doubt, because there was very little money to pay anyone and that was nearly 3 years ago. Then they should have any contact details passed onto them from Egg. If I am owed money they I go directly to the person responsible for paying, not through a third party, especially someone who is not liable to pay.

I have no problem in passing on this information if only I knew who to. The issue I have is that I am having to do all the chasing around and it's costing me money and time, and the liability is no longer mine.

Debtrider
Skippy Posted - 28 June 2011 : 08:31:02
If my case was passed to the RTLU would it be them who hold the case file? If so I'm not sure I have the address as I was never notified that the case was passed over (great communication, I found out when I contacted the OR!) and I think all correspondence was by phone or email.

I'll have a look through my paperwork when I get a chance and see what I can fined.

Debtinfo, I know it won't get any better than partially satisifed, I'm happy with that but worried that a new entry will suddenly appear on my credit file from the new company!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
RHB Posted - 28 June 2011 : 07:21:43
What they are saying from the letter is that they will have tried to provide your OR with their details but as a double check could you pass the letter on as well. No harm in sending it in I wouldn't have thought.
debtinfo Posted - 27 June 2011 : 22:22:16
you would send it to whover holds your case file, but if yours is partially settled then that is as good as it is going to get for the time being anyway
Skippy Posted - 27 June 2011 : 21:53:59
Debtinfo, would I send it to the OR or the RTLU?

I'd rather not contact the RTLU again if I don't have to as we had a disagreement about my IPA payments and I don't want to remind them I exist if I don't have to!

Also, shouldn't Egg have passed the details on rather than me having to do it?

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

debtinfo Posted - 27 June 2011 : 21:35:35
They are actually doing the right thing here, they are informing you that it has been sold on, they are not asking you to pay.

Just send it to the OR's office, you must know which town it is, and all the addresses are on the internet.

One thing to point out is this, the debt still does exist, it is just your liability to pay that it is discharged, You are still responsible to help the OR if the need arrises and you can do that in this case by simply passing the letter on
Skippy Posted - 27 June 2011 : 19:02:55
I've got the same letter and to be honest I'm going to ignore it. If there are any problems I'll contact them but I've spoken to someone about this and have been advised to ignore it.

I've checked my credit file and Egg have marked the loan partially satisfied so I'll keep an eye to make sure a new 'debt' doesn't appear.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page