Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 lost my job in march 2006 now i have no income

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
olu Posted - 19 June 2008 : 10:43:05
I lost my job in march 2006 and i had a staff loan of about £10,000. i also owed about £5000 on credit cards and £2000 on phone bills. now i have no income and am off to africa. will they come after me or forget about me? i dont want to return to the UK
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pix1 Posted - 07 August 2008 : 15:05:22
Olu,

you can submit your petition in the court where you have your centre of main interests. As you are living in London you should be able to do it at the High Court. The biggest problem might be finding your way around the building! BR may not be the best option, however, if you have any assets as these might be lost. BR would give you peace of mind as you would not be flitting the country leaving debts - you would have dealt with them responsibly and according to your civil right. Actually it feels better to go BR rather than let debts fester forever.
pix1 Posted - 07 August 2008 : 15:04:05
Olu,

you can submit your petition in the court where you have your centre of main interests. As you are living in London you should be able to do it at the High Court. The biggest problem might be finding your way around the building! BR may not be the best option, however, if you have any assets as these might be lost. BR would give you peace of mind as you would not be flitting the country leaving debts - you would have dealt with them responsibly and according to your civil right. Actually it feels better to go BR rather than let debts fester forever.
pix1 Posted - 07 August 2008 : 15:00:02
Hello again Julian,

Isn't it the case that if you reply to letters or phone calls for a debt that counts as keeping the debt live, so to speak? Therefore, as long as Eamonn has not responded by letter or phone to any correspondences or phone calls he sohuld not be liable once the 12 years are up? As for Olu he should avoid replying to any correspondences or phone calls once he is in Nigeria.
melanie_giles Posted - 30 June 2008 : 21:16:20
Yes - anyone can file their petition in the High Court regardless of where they live in the UK.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
olu Posted - 30 June 2008 : 18:57:17
can i file my BR in London (High Court) as i am in london temporarily before departing to my country although my debts were incurred in coventry, west midlands. or will the high court accept my overseas address as my br address
JulianDonnelly Posted - 30 June 2008 : 18:14:38
Hi Olu,

You will only get a discount if you are on income support.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
olu Posted - 30 June 2008 : 16:56:17
was just told that i coud get £150 waived from the br fee, might just do it b4 i leave to be on the safer side. What do u think?
JulianDonnelly Posted - 30 June 2008 : 15:44:24
Best of luck.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
olu Posted - 30 June 2008 : 10:31:21
ready to go abroad, told my creditors about a new overseas address. do not if they will pursue me in nigeria. am just leaving for now.
olu Posted - 28 June 2008 : 14:50:38
ready to go abroad, told my creditors about a new overseas address. do not if they will pursue me in nigeria. am just leaving for now.
Suzanne Posted - 25 June 2008 : 15:05:22
olu
Bankruptcy is a civil case and would only become criminal if there was fraud or false declaration involved.
There are some organisations that will help you fund a bankruptcy petition. To find out who they are you need to contact your local Citizen Advice Bureau.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
olu Posted - 25 June 2008 : 14:58:34
is br a criminal case?
after 6 yrs does br automatically disappear on the credit file
olu Posted - 24 June 2008 : 19:39:55
thank you for the advice
am just thinking on the best way out
been too depressed to focus
life is just too hard on me
JulianDonnelly Posted - 21 June 2008 : 20:08:49
Hi Olu,

The six years will commence from the date of your last payment. If you are subsequently allowed back would be a question for the Home Office.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
JulianDonnelly Posted - 21 June 2008 : 20:07:51
Hi Pearl,

Whilst new members are always welcome, you are not directly allowed to tout for business. After you've made a few posts, you can become an expert and have a link to your website on the experts page.

Regards

Julian Donnelly

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page