Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 IPA Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
godfer Posted - 18 September 2011 : 10:12:05
Hi all,

Some help and advice would be appreciated.

First the background:

I am subject to an IPA. Since its agreement my circumstances have changed markedly. I am now on a reduced contract of employment with a subsequent 20% reduction in my net salary. I have contacted Moon Beever and apprised them of such, requesting a suspension of the IPA - they have in-turn contacted RTLU and I am awaiting a decision. My living expenses were agreed (I have specific dietary and medical requirements) and the IPA subsequently set. The reduction in salary has had a severe impact upon me. I am now some £250/m shy of my agreed living expenses - thus, savings need to be made.

Prior to bankruptcy I lost my home. Thus, I needed a new home at very short notice - I found a sympathetic landlord who agreed to let me a property without a deposit or credit check (didn't have the former, would've failed the latter) with a rent of £650/m. The lease on which is due for renewal at Octobers end. A 'cheaper' rental is the only real opportunity for a saving!

Now the question:

If I were to find a cheaper rental property, would Moon Beever/RTLU likely 'see' the saving as disposable income and claim it through IPA?

I expect that a definitive answer to this cannot be made, I will be contacting Moon Beever/RTLU for such this coming week, I would, however, appreciate your sage, experienced advice.

Many thanks in advance.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
debtinfo Posted - 29 September 2011 : 10:55:56
That's fine godpher, hope it works out like that
Skippy Posted - 29 September 2011 : 10:42:12
My IPA was reassessed and I didn't pay the month that the decision was being made so I paid that month's payment (at the lower rate) at the end of the IPA.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
godfer Posted - 29 September 2011 : 09:27:12
debtinfo...I am aware of such. I am confident RTLU will see the facts as is and accept that I am not able to afford the IPA as expected given the marked change in circumstance.
Daniel Griffiths Posted - 28 September 2011 : 23:17:09
I have often wondered how anyone on an IPA can catch up on missed payments, where can the money come from?
debtinfo Posted - 28 September 2011 : 22:51:37
do be aware though that if a final decision is made that the IPA is not suspended then you will need to catch up the missed payments
godfer Posted - 28 September 2011 : 20:25:30
Thanks xmas baby. I've no intention of paying my IPA at all whilst a decision is pending! I've lost a 5th of my salary...there's simply no-way I can afford it!
xmas baby Posted - 26 September 2011 : 16:05:32
Afternoon all,

Well I have just submitted a request for my IPA to be reassessed as I have moved recently and my rent has increased by £130 per month. Moonbeever agreed to this month's IPA payment being reduced to £106 while RTLU process my request, so I am hoping they will accept my new I&E. I have been living in a hellhole the past few years and even a discharged bankrupt (or indeed one still bankrupt) deserves to live in a home which is not like the frontline in a drugs war.

Wish you all the best godfer.

xmas baby
debtinfo Posted - 22 September 2011 : 08:46:46
Don't worry about it easier, we all miss readsometimes :-)
glafy Posted - 22 September 2011 : 08:10:01
LOL Essie.
Made me laugh, keep up the good work!!!

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Essie Posted - 21 September 2011 : 22:55:21
I'm going to be quiet before I say anything else stupid! lol

Finally got head out of sand in October 2010
BR March 2011
godfer Posted - 21 September 2011 : 20:45:24
Essie...I'm all man!!!! My posts must have a feminine tinge! ;-)
Essie Posted - 21 September 2011 : 14:57:23
I'm sorry, I misread it, I thought they were suggeting Godfer moved to an even cheaper property than she already had (or was about to) move to. Sorry.

BR March 2011
godfer Posted - 21 September 2011 : 09:48:11
debtinfo is correct. I had proposed such and RTLU informed me of their stance! It is confusing and frustrating to say the least.
debtinfo Posted - 21 September 2011 : 05:21:41
Please read the op essie they are not asking godfer to move to a cheaper one, godfer is looking to move to reduce own outgoings
Essie Posted - 20 September 2011 : 23:45:47
It's easy for them to say find somewhere cheaper!

Do they not know how hard it is to find a suitable rental property let alone one which is cheaper AND will accept a BR / discharged BR person?

I know i'll get criticised for saying this, but why should you go out looking for something even cheaper just so they can take more money?

BR March 2011

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page