Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 Income Payments Agreements, Income Payments Orders
 Income Payments Agreements
 IPOQ Form Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lanky Posted - 03 October 2011 : 01:23:45
Hi, I declared myself bankrupt in court in march of 2011, and just last week (End of september) recieved an IPOQ Form.

I am having trouble working out my expenses, I am 27, male, single, in rented accomodation, and have trouble working out what is reasonable for phone, food, clothing, toiletries etc. and if an 'emergencies' amount is allowed, eg. repair bills etc.

I have a car that I use for work too, am I allowed to include the cost of running this?

My income is low (900/month after tax). If anyone could help me with some acceptable figures that would be great. I am also unsure what the IPOQ means for me. I am unaware of any mention of early discharge. If I was to get an IPA arranged for me, would I still be automatically discharged after 12 months (ie. March 2012) or would I then be an undischarged bankrupt until the end of the 36 month IPA?

Many thanks in advance, this website has already helped me so much!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
billy whizz Posted - 01 November 2011 : 11:13:44
You're right the OR does have a list and at my interview, 5 months after bankruptcy,I was asked to make a IPA of £88 per month based on a self-employed profit of £4500 per year + housing benefit, of which I have to put £25 a week to to pay my rent + working tax credit of £42 per week. It seems the mistake I made on the IPAQ was to say that my housekeeping (food, cleaning materials,laundry etc.)was £300 per month.
According to the "Reasonable Expenses" list that the OR goes by this should only have been £170 per month. Surely if you are receiving less than what "THE LAW SAYS YOU NEED TO LIVE ON", as per benefit claims, the OR should not make an IPA or an IPO ??????????
debtinfo Posted - 28 October 2011 : 15:27:48
The or does have a list, but don't have to give you the amounts on it, you should as had been stated put down the amounts you think you need based on your own circumstances
billy whizz Posted - 28 October 2011 : 15:08:27
The OR has a list of the amounts that are acceptable as expenses for housekeeping,clothing etc. Does anyone know the full amount of allowances on this list?
lanky Posted - 03 October 2011 : 19:50:07
thanks for that, i guess if i list everything, its then the OR's job to decide whats acceptable? will check original statement of affairs too. Any more problems i'll post them up, thanks!
Richard P Posted - 03 October 2011 : 11:00:49
Hi Lanky

as Viki says list everything that you spend , let the OR disallow items that they do not agree with.

may also be good to refer back to your original statement of affairs, as this may help refresh your mind

Good Luck Richard,
Viki.W Posted - 03 October 2011 : 09:06:12
Hi lanky,

If you get an IPA, you will still be discharged after 12 months.

Put down an emergency fund of £10 and all of your car expenditure. The rest it exactly what you spend so have a look through your bank stats and make sure you include everything you pay for by cash too. Don't forget any payments you make quarterly and annually.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page