Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 bailiffs
 Howdo the bailiffs know what stuff belongs to who?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gregorygoyle28 Posted - 31 October 2011 : 14:36:22
I've posted on the new questions part but I also need to ask something else... My partner is the landlord of a property, with 2 tenants and me living in it. This is going to sound really stupid but how do they know who's stuff is whose?
Like in our bedroom for eg, I know it's only little things but I have A LOT of stuff! A few antique bits of jewelery and a jewelery box... I'm pretty sure they could GUESS those things do not belong to my boyfriend but still. There's loads of stuff! And all the kitchen utensils/ accessories like coffee makers etc, they belong to everyone. As in, one tenant may have bought item A, tenant 2 owns item B etc etc, but they're all stored together, and none of us have got reciepts! How on earth do we/ the bailiffs get around that one!!
Cheers in advance
x
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 11 January 2014 : 09:21:53
This is an old thread so hopefully Gregory has been sorted.

Just to add that if you have a door or window open anywhere then bailiffs can enter without permission.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

andyb53 Posted - 10 January 2014 : 19:29:28
The simple answer is.....
DO NOT LET THEM IN! Unless they have a Warrant from the Court granting POSESSION they simply cannot force entry. Even if there is a police officer there, they would only be there to prevent a breach of the peace. The only people who can force entry into your domestic property are the following... Police, Customs, Gas and Electricity officials (in an emergency) and NO-ONE ELSE! Tell them to Foxtrot Oscar! Do not be fooled into letting them in for any reason because once in they can do what they like also do not leave open any windows cause they can legally climb in.

Andyb
Richard P Posted - 31 October 2011 : 14:55:34
possession is 9/10 of the law

they will seize and say it is upto you to proove. thye tend not to go to private rooms but again you will have to show possession ownership (tenancy agreement is good)

has partner sought advice ?

baliffs are the end of a long line of actions and non actions, these can be avoided.

Good Luck Richard,

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page