Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Do I take a better paid job?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Widge Posted - 10 November 2011 : 09:34:26
Hi, me again,

You've all helped me so much before but here we go, yet another question:

I was self declared BR on 3rd March 2011. Since then I've had the OR interview (face to face) and been referred to a trustee.

At the moment I work part time earning a very small wage. Not enough to warrant my trustee even bothering about as it doesn't really cover my cost of living (my partner helps out with that, I do pay my way though with rent, household bills etc, but he certainly now has the burden.

Before BR I was earning £36k/year, then I was redundant, then had several short term jobs, survived on credit cards, then realised I could not cope so went BR myself my choice.

Now I've been earning about £7k/year working part time and trustees aren't interested in "the odd £100 or so". But I have a job interview for a job that pays about £20k/year.

QUESTION: How do I approach this if I get offered the job? Will my trustee take any excess money earnt and will this go on for many years? What I realy want to ask is, if I hang on with my poorly paid job until 3rd March 2012 discharge date, will I be affeceted afterwards if I get a better job (and can I keep my money earned?)

This sounds confused I'm sorry. Hopefully someone can interpret what I'm talking about and reply constructively.

Thank you,

Widge x
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Widge Posted - 15 November 2011 : 17:09:45
I think this subject has now been satisfied, thank you everyone, I'm going to post another question separately regarding discharge.
Widge Posted - 15 November 2011 : 17:07:30
Sorry!
Viki just answered that - thanks :)
Widge Posted - 15 November 2011 : 17:05:58
Hi IVADougie,

I understand that after the date of discharge I will be able to keep any extra income. I don't pay anything towards an IPA at the moment as I don't earn enough to have any surplus.

I would be grateful if you or someone else on this forum could clarify that if, say, for example, I inherited some money a day after the discharge date, would I be able to keep it?

Widge x
Viki.W Posted - 15 November 2011 : 17:02:55
If there is no IPA in place then after discharge you can earn what you want and won't need to pay anything back

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
IVADougie Posted - 15 November 2011 : 16:44:28
Could I clarify a point raised earlier (sorry to hi-jack the post Widge), it states that the OR only has up to discharge to put an IPA in place. If that is correct, what happens if after discharge your situation changes and you land a better job giving a higher disposable income or a windfall, do you have to pay more?
Widge Posted - 15 November 2011 : 00:01:11
Thanks guys,

After a great deal of thought I sent the email to them on Sunday.

I feel some sort of pressure relief actually. People EXPECT you be constantly striving for more money in whatever your field of work is. Why?

Since my BR I have been skint and its a learning process.

Now I have time to pursue the simple pleasures in life :)

Widge x
glafy Posted - 13 November 2011 : 10:25:03
I agree, perfect Widge.

Short, polite & to the point.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Widge Posted - 12 November 2011 : 22:19:29
Thanks for that Viki.

Very much appreciated.

Widge x
Viki.W Posted - 12 November 2011 : 19:47:08
I think it's perfect.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Widge Posted - 12 November 2011 : 17:45:15
Draft letter - short and to the point without giving too much away -

"Thank you for your kind invitation to attend interview on Tuesday 15th November at 13:00 hrs. I have given this a great deal of thought and it is with regret that I have decided that at this point in time, it best to remain in my current permanent employment. I therefore offer my sincere apologies and will not be attending the interview."
Widge Posted - 12 November 2011 : 17:34:55
After a great deal of thought I have decided not to attend the interview. I'v had enough stress this year what with the bankruptcy, moving hous and continuing financial battles with the ex. I don't think swapping a permanent, albeit part-time job for a temporary full time job would resolve anything. Especially if I end up with a IPA longer term and I'd probably be worse off financially than I am now!

If I post a draft letter on here would you guys be able to comment and I'll construct an apology reply to them to send to them on Monday morning?

Thanks,

Widge x
Viki.W Posted - 10 November 2011 : 18:10:36
No, I would just apologise and tell them that you have decided to stay in your current employment at the moment. That way, if something comes up in the future with them, they don't know any details.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Widge Posted - 10 November 2011 : 14:04:51
Mmmmm, I've done some calculations and I don't think I should go for the job, even though it's better money. The trustee money monsters will be out to steal any excess (more stress, no doubt) and all for a wait of 4-5 months until I'm discharged.

Does anyone think I should explain this to my potential employers and send my apologies?
Niobe Posted - 10 November 2011 : 13:13:22
If it is only a temporary job, what will happen after March? You may be out of work permanently.

Personally, I think I'd stick with what I had.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
Widge Posted - 10 November 2011 : 12:55:07
The job is only a temp contract until the end of March 2012. So I'd be giving up a permanent part time job for a temporary full time job.

I don't think I can risk it. Maybe I don't even go to interview and write to explain why? Unless I ask that they can pay me LESS until my discharge date?

Widge x

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page